Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1757213 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #840 on: September 18, 2006, 05:38:37 pm »
dude trust, hope everything works out.

Also, dont visit Detroit...ever.  Ranked with the higest crime rating of the country I think.
But as far as college money goes, the fafsa thing can get you money (you only need to show the LAST year's tax return) & I'm sure there are alot of local scholarships.  My friend gets HELLA money for going to school just because he applies to things that no one else does, its worked awesome too (he makes mad money on top of tuition)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 18, 2006, 07:52:46 pm »
Welcome, Trust, to the world of people who don't get what they want given to them by their rich parents!  I'd send you a fruit basket...but...you know.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 18, 2006, 08:23:26 pm »
Welcome, Trust, to the world of people who don't get what they want given to them by their rich parents!
You stole the words right out of my mouth.  Frankly, I hate people with rich parents because a lot of the time they end up as snot nosed brats.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 18, 2006, 08:56:52 pm »
I dont think they're rich...just upper middle class.

If they were rich his dad wouldnt be moving across the country & them following shortly.  Trust would drive some new sports car & his mom wouldnt have a job at all...so, yeah.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 18, 2006, 09:01:16 pm »
His mom has a pocket-change job, not a buy-groceries-and-pay-bills job.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 18, 2006, 09:53:10 pm »
You all suck. My parents are divorced and I live with my mother and my sister right now. My mom had been doing real estate for years, but the market in MA is shit and she isn't getting any work there, her part time job taking care of a rich elderly lady fell through last year when she died (cancer), and she is now technically unemployed, although she bartends on the side at a friends bar. My dad, on the other hand, has a steady job and has worked at the same place for almost 20 years. You think that would be great, but he never graduated high school (he dropped out to join the army, which was his dream as a kid, and got denied for not having a diploma... I never said he was smart). He makes shit and now that he is living with his fiance he can barely afford to pay child support on top of his bills there. Between child support, the money bartending, and unemployment, my mom still couldn't pay all of the bills on time. A few weeks ago, unemployment cut my mom off because someone reported her as having a job at a gas station in some town she had never heard of. Between that and her not getting any hours at the bar that week we were left with zero income for almost two weeks until she finally got a hearing and they paid her the money back from the time she was cut off. Finally, last week, my mom had an interview with the regional manager at some store that my aunt is a manager at and because of my aunts recommendation and experience she had before all this she has a really good chance at getting a mangement position at the store and we might have money for more than just trying to live for once. She got her last unemployment check this week, so if she doesn't get the job we're fucked. So you can all eat my balls.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 18, 2006, 09:55:50 pm »
agreed with hitmen.

if you have the chance/resources...here (small towns in the southwest) are HUGE real estate oppurtunities

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 18, 2006, 10:04:35 pm »
agreed with hitmen.

if you have the chance/resources...here (small towns in the southwest) are HUGE real estate oppurtunities
Nah, the only reason we haven't been forced to move into a smaller house now that my dad/brother are gone is that my grandmother owns it which keeps the rent cheap... no way we could move across the country. Real estate has way too much of a startup cost anyways, you have to take all kinds of classes (every year), pay fees for liscences, legal liability, all the software and stuff that they use (MLA which is like, all of the listings, and some other werid programs)... it's nuts, way more than you would expect. The only reason my mom was doing well for a while was she  started before the divorce when money wasn't (as much of) a problem and made a good name for herself quickly, then the market here tanked.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

trust

« Reply #848 on: September 18, 2006, 11:19:29 pm »
Hitmen: I hope everything turns out ok for you.

CrAz3D: Yeah, that's why I was against this whole thing....I was like...omg DETROIT? What's in detroit? Crime and Eminem and smog.

Um, and I'm not rich...or even upper middle class. My dad had a nice paying job doing blue collar work, he was lucky I guess. My parents just made sacrifices so I could have nice things and my sister could go to private school and stuff like that. For instance, my dad drives my moms old van from 1993...which works out I guess because it's essentially a work van and he does alot of side jobs and stuff...or at least did pre-injury.

But yea, hopefully FAFSA is good to me...and my grandmother promised me when I was younger that she would fill in any financial gaps I have when it comes to paying for college....so hopefully she'll hold true to that.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 18, 2006, 11:46:49 pm »
FAFSA can also be obnoxious if you have a bank account.

I spose it makes sense in the long run, but when I filled out mine I received NO help because of my bank account...which I'd rather let grow & use for law school later, but oh well

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #850 on: September 19, 2006, 12:43:21 am »
To determine if you will receive money from FAFSA, please apply the following test:

1.  Are you a white male under the age of 26?

If you answered yes to any of the questions above, expect the government to give you $0 in scholarships.  Have a nice life.

That said, you CAN get loans and other scholarships from the university.  Doing fafsa helps get those, but if you are a white, male, traditional stundent, you get reamed.

Other things that hurt: both of your parents having jobs, medical expenses (they dont factor them in), not being married, not being a first-generation college student, having money or property in your own name, having a job.  Basically, you get fucked.  I get zilch but loans from fafsa and my parents can't afford to help me with college either (I'm not bitching, just giving an example of how much fafsa reams us 'non-minority' males).

Offline TeHFoOoL

• View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 19, 2006, 01:30:29 am »
I fucking hate thinking about money. Just a brief thought of it isn't horrible, but once I start to delve into how everything comes back to it, it makes me fucking sick sometimes.

" You have a lot of work ahead of you then once you meet the "real world", FoOoL."

Yeah, fuck off. I don't deny that without currency America would be really fucked, but having it also makes it equally screwed in different ways.

Hell, I hate my dad because he cares more about money than he does my family, it seems.

Can't fool a FoOoL

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 19, 2006, 11:20:06 am »
Also, dont visit Detroit...ever.  Ranked with the higest crime rating of the country I think.
You clearly have never heard of Camden, New Jersey.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #853 on: September 19, 2006, 11:29:21 am »
We try not to speak of the forbidden land.

Offline TeHFoOoL

• View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 19, 2006, 05:37:24 pm »
So for fourth period I have a tutoring class, where I teach absoluetly.. unintelligent people. I dunno if there's something wrong with them (but there probably is) and I don't care. Anyways, I tutor with this other chick, which has like seriously every single interest that I do.. So friday I say, " hey, you wanted to see Little Miss Sunshine, right? (she had told me prior at some point..) wanna see it sometime tonight or over the weekend? " *insert long and nice version of "busy"* okay, next week sometime then? "yeah for sure"

Then I asked her today during that period and found out she's seeing someone else. I lol'd. She lol'd.. Still friends with her. I'm just glad it didn't get to be something really awkward. And that she was honest.

Bri- fuck no.
Cara- taken.
Some chick that sits next to me in history- next up.

Can't fool a FoOoL