Author Topic: What is clan x86?  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
What is clan x86?
« on: November 28, 2012, 11:19:25 pm »
It's hard to define it now. It used to be a battle.net clan. Well, a battle.net programming clan. But then you take the 'battle.net' out, and you even take out the 'programming' since not everyone here would identify that way. Some people passed this way through battle.net. Others found the board via the valhalla legends forum (which, by the way, seem to be down), others from friends of friends. What are you left with? A bunch of people who have been accessing the same URLs for some time now. How else can you describe it?

Offline nslay

• Giraffe meat, mmm
    • View Profile
Re: What is clan x86?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 01:06:54 am »
It's just a shame we could never accurately reproduce a battle.net environment to continue our takeover wars and the pursuit of more advanced bots. That pursuit fueled our interest in computers and, well, here we are ...

Sure sounds like an interesting game ... team up with friends, program bots and try take over channels. This totally screams web game ...

An adorable giant isopod!

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: What is clan x86?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 02:59:56 pm »
As someone who joined a fraternity in college, there's really nothing more to it than that: close group of friends with a common interest.  In my fraternity's case, it was chasing women and drinking excessive amounts of booze.  In our case, it was programming, intelligent conversations, and Battle.net (to balance out the intelligent conversation).  But judging by our meet-up this summer, we're all still pretty close friends.  Which is awesome.  Couldn't ask for more!
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT.