Author Topic: Blizzard Email  (Read 2347 times)

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Blizzard Email
« on: July 01, 2005, 08:55:33 pm »
Quote from: Tommy N - Blizzard Technical Support
Hello Ian.

The particular issue you are experiencing with StarCraft can be caused by several things.  As always, please patch the game first. The patch includes several fixes that may correct this type of error. You can patch the game by connecting to Battle.net for the auto-patch or you can download and run the stand-alone patch from the StarCraft Patch Page at ("http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=msc0411p").  If the patch does not correct the problem, please reinstall the game per the instructions below. 

First, uninstall StarCraft. Also, uninstall any CD-ROM drive emulation tools that may be installed. i.e. Daemon Tools, Virtual Drive, CloneCD, etc. Disabling these programs may not work; they must be uninstalled completely.

I wonder how uninstalling CD emulation software is going to make starcraft end its process after crashing... :P
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline RoMi

• x86
  • gg no re
    • View Profile
Re: Blizzard Email
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 09:09:47 pm »
Did you mention something about using thoes programs?  Or was that response completly out of the blue.  If it was that has to be one of the funniest things ever.
-RoMi

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Re: Blizzard Email
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 09:18:28 pm »
It was a complaint about when starcraft crashes the process isn't ended in 1.13.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...