Author Topic: WOOOHOOOO!  (Read 10525 times)

Offline Tuberload

• Neophyte
  • x86
    • View Profile
WOOOHOOOO!
« on: October 14, 2004, 02:32:18 pm »
I past my drug screen (not that I ever thought I wouldn't  :-X) and got my new job. I start monday at 6AM, and every day after I will work from 4AM to 4:30PM. I'll be making around 1000 bucks every two weeks to start out. In 3 months I’ll be up to 1200 every two weeks. My friend has been there for 3 months and makes 1450 every two weeks, but he has experience.

I will be moving into a house with my friend in 2-3 weeks, as soon as I get my first paycheck.
I am prepared to be ridiculed for what I believe, are you?

Offline c0Ld

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: WOOOHOOOO!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 04:19:53 pm »
Is teh real life thing scarey? I wouldn't know :(

Offline Tuberload

• Neophyte
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 04:29:31 pm »
I guess at first, but it really depends on your personality and what you grew up with. Me for instance, I did not have much of a stable family so I wanted to get the hell out as soon as possible. I have lived on my own since I was 17, and it really hasn't been all that scary just hard.

Offline c0Ld

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 04:31:59 pm »
Going outside scares me. But I still want to move out ASAP, my parents nag endlessly.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 06:28:03 pm »
Going outside scares me. But I still want to move out ASAP, my parents nag endlessly.
Agreed. I hate my family. My dad's house is so fucking retarded. My mom's house is nice because I sit in front of my computer a lot, but I don't like her constant nagging. :|
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 06:42:26 pm »
I past my drug screen (not that I ever thought I wouldn't  :-X) and got my new job. I start monday at 6AM, and every day after I will work from 4AM to 4:30PM. I'll be making around 1000 bucks every two weeks to start out. In 3 months I’ll be up to 1200 every two weeks. My friend has been there for 3 months and makes 1450 every two weeks, but he has experience.

I will be moving into a house with my friend in 2-3 weeks, as soon as I get my first paycheck.

you left out the most interesting part.. where you work :)!
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Tuberload

• Neophyte
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2004, 06:54:24 pm »
I work at a company called Reliance Trailer. They manufacture dump trucks. My starting out position will be painters prep. Basically I will mud the chassis, and the dump truck beds. DA them, mask them, and get them ready for paint.

Offline dave

• o_O
  • Why does it matter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2004, 07:00:57 pm »
My god, and you make 2G a month for starting out? That's insane, but hey.. In all good words, that's a good way to start. Money is money and work is work. Good job and good luck

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 09:23:05 pm »
My god, and you make 2G a month for starting out? That's insane, but hey.. In all good words, that's a good way to start. Money is money and work is work. Good job and good luck
I make the same, starting :P

But moving out depends on your parents a lot.  My parents are rarely home (they work evenings), and they trust me 100%, they never nag, they buy me food, they don't charge me rent.  It's great!

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 01:36:22 am »
I make the same, starting :P

But moving out depends on your parents a lot.  My parents are rarely home (they work evenings), and they trust me 100%, they never nag, they buy me food, they don't charge me rent.  It's great!

With my luck, my parents are going to let me take my computer and boot me out. I'm not even sure where I want to go to college yet. :(

Tuberlord: contrats even though I don't know you! :P

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 01:45:40 am »
My dad said that, for my 18th birthday, he was going to buy me a plane ticket (1 way) to anywhere in the world I wanted. I had to take it, or else he'd kill me. :O
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2004, 08:28:02 am »
My dad said that, for my 18th birthday, he was going to buy me a plane ticket (1 way) to anywhere in the world I wanted. I had to take it, or else he'd kill me. :O

Omg! Winnipeg!! By 4 years from now, I'll likely be on my own, since I'll be done University and stuff.  It'll be a party!!

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2004, 10:10:58 am »
ETHERNET PARTY!!!!
- Newby

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2004, 03:25:49 pm »
My parents said I'm out of the house when I'm 17, so yeah..  I wonder how that'll work out.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Tuberload

• Neophyte
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2004, 10:48:20 pm »
The cool thing is that is 2G's a month take home. I will be making around 1300 every two weeks before taxes.