Author Topic: Drugs: Harmless Fun?  (Read 11103 times)

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Re: Drugs: Harmless Fun?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2005, 08:22:48 pm »
Morphine is not *supposed* to be for people under the age of 18; you must have been screwed really bad.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2005, 08:36:31 pm »
Anti-depressants are made to change one chemical (I don't know the name of it exactly), and that's what makes you sad/happy, basically your emotings, if your brain is making too little of the chemical, (caused by being depressed), the anti-depressants will try and work with the brain to increase that amount over a certain period of time, but no, if by drugs that they get you in a state of ' high ', then no. You're thinking of morphene (sp), a pain releiver.

They're supposed to change your endorphine levels.  Endorphines are hormones that are related to your happiness (high endorphines correlate with feelings of joy).

The problem is, exposing your brain to too much stimulation of endorphines can cause brain damage.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2005, 09:09:58 pm »
Morphine is not *supposed* to be for people under the age of 18; you must have been screwed really bad.
Yeah.  It was in 'child doses', but I was 9.  I was barely 70 lbs.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2005, 09:27:29 pm »
Those anti-drug fucktards need to be made fun of more often. Marijuana IS (for the most part) harmless and victimless fun.
I'm sorry to tell you, but marijuana makes you... forget things easier. I dont think its as harmfull to your body, but I'm not going to touch it for that reason.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2005, 09:46:31 pm »
Anti-depressants are made to change one chemical (I don't know the name of it exactly), and that's what makes you sad/happy, basically your emotings, if your brain is making too little of the chemical, (caused by being depressed), the anti-depressants will try and work with the brain to increase that amount over a certain period of time, but no, if by drugs that they get you in a state of ' high ', then no. You're thinking of morphene (sp), a pain releiver.

They're supposed to change your endorphine levels. Endorphines are hormones that are related to your happiness (high endorphines correlate with feelings of joy).

The problem is, exposing your brain to too much stimulation of endorphines can cause brain damage.

Please tell me that this generation's Emo's will die of brain cancer at the age of 30?~!

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2005, 11:42:22 pm »
Lung Cancer?  I heard a hit off of the reefer was worse for you then a ciggeret. I doubt it though, Cigs've got tar, and what have you.
That's supposedly true, but you wouldn't smoke marijuana nearly as much as you would a cigarette. For medical marijuana there's something called a "vaporizer", which doesn't actually burn the marijuana, or something else crazy like that. This way, it is basically harmless to you're lungs.
Those anti-drug fucktards need to be made fun of more often. Marijuana IS (for the most part) harmless and victimless fun.
I'm sorry to tell you, but marijuana makes you... forget things easier. I dont think its as harmfull to your body, but I'm not going to touch it for that reason.
The majority or marijuana's major effects wear off after only 3 days. The rest of them, such as memory loss, wear off after a week.

Also, before people start making assumptions, I don't smoke marijuana, I've just read many books about it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 01:01:19 am by MetaL MilitiA »
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2005, 12:06:52 am »
haha, towelie might forget how to masturbate. Dude, that would be sooo funny!

Anyhow, the only drug I've ever done (except at the times it was prescribed to be taken) was taking a prescription sleep aid before school. I was sleeping pretty much all morning, with a 2 minute break between naps when I walked.. er.. moaped.. to class.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2005, 05:12:18 am »
haha, towelie might forget how to masturbate. Dude, that would be sooo funny!

Anyhow, the only drug I've ever done (except at the times it was prescribed to be taken) was taking a prescription sleep aid before school. I was sleeping pretty much all morning, with a 2 minute break between naps when I walked.. er.. moaped.. to class.
You're so funny I forgot to laugh, you hardcore druglord you.

They're supposed to change your endorphine levels. Endorphines are hormones that are related to your happiness (high endorphines correlate with feelings of joy).

That's why it's dangerous being on that type of medication untill they figure out the right dosage, it's not exactly..fun, because if you're on too little, you're still depressed, if you're on too much, you sleep constantly, and no matter how much you slept, one hour later you're going to be right back in bed sleeping again. But I beleive the max dosage for anti-depressants is 350mg.

Offline TheSickEmpire

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2005, 06:15:06 am »
Lung Cancer?  I heard a hit off of the reefer was worse for you then a ciggeret. I doubt it though, Cigs've got tar, and what have you.

Also, arn't anti-depressants drugs? I mean, they alter your state of mind. They change your chemical balance.
Trust me, I'm the only one who can even step anywhere near this type of arguement. Anti-depressants are made to change one chemical (I don't know the name of it exactly), and that's what makes you sad/happy, basically your emotings, if your brain is making too little of the chemical, (caused by being depressed), the anti-depressants will try and work with the brain to increase that amount over a certain period of time, but no, if by drugs that they get you in a state of ' high ', then no. You're thinking of morphene (sp), a pain releiver.

Pain medication isin't the only type of medication that gets you 'high'. Take Ritalin for example.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2005, 08:59:24 am »

Also, arn't anti-depressants drugs? I mean, they alter your state of mind. They change your chemical balance.
Trust me, I'm the only one who can even step anywhere near this type of arguement. Anti-depressants are made to change one chemical (I don't know the name of it exactly), and that's what makes you sad/happy, basically your emotings, if your brain is making too little of the chemical, (caused by being depressed), the anti-depressants will try and work with the brain to increase that amount over a certain period of time, but no, if by drugs that they get you in a state of ' high ', then no. You're thinking of morphene (sp), a pain releiver.

Pain medication isin't the only type of medication that gets you 'high'. Take Ritalin for example.
I was using it as an example, anti-depressants don't get you high, that was his original arguement.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2005, 11:30:27 am »

No one has ever died of smoking pot, it is a true fact. There is NO overdose-toxicity level for THC, you couldn't possibly do enough of it to overdose. What you was trying to point out was this:

Burning plant material gives off Tar, a cannabis flower when smoked does produce 20% more tar per joint then a ciggerrette but for 1 I have NEVER seen a person go thru 20 joints a day, and for me it's usually 1 joint a day. Tar doesn't cause cancer it can increase the risk and be an irriatent to your lungs yes.
Cannabis does not have the chemicals in it that are added that are carceneginic like tabbaco does, and cannabis is NOT addictive unlike the highly addictive tabbaco.

Punch for punch tabbaco is alot more dangerous for you then cannabis is. For the allegation that marijuana makes you forget shit, I would say you're right to a certin extent, when you stop smoking reefer for a couple days those side affects go completely away, and one joint a day is only enough to make you forget stuff easly while your high, not the next day or for the rest of your life, no long term damage -- thats a lie.
Some people drink beer too which is the second leading cause of death from drugs (the first is tabbaco), some people smoke ciggerretes, some people enjoy programming in ASM, everyone has thier drug but in comparison to alot of things I don't think my drug of choice is the worst you could go with and you cannot argue that pot has been a negetive thing for me. Why? Because before I started smoking I was 230 pounds, failing miserably in school and a general outcast. When I started smoking pot at this time I also started realizing how bad my life sucked so I lost alot of weight (90 lbs USA so far), gettings A's and B's in school and am alot more social now a days. And if you try to say I exchanged food for pot then you're wrong: I get severe munchies and eat alot of food sometimes on pot, so it hasn't really helped in my dieting but the major change was I got out and stopped being so lazy.

Alls i'm trying to say is the [USA] goverment gives you thier drugs and trys to defame pot with disinformation or disleading information.

Do your own research into how supposedly dangerous pot is for you if you cant take my word for it, and dont just goto .gov sites with biased information, goto proven facts and unbiased based informational sites.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 11:36:48 am by GameSnake »

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2005, 01:49:00 pm »
No one has ever died of smoking pot, it is a true fact. There is NO overdose-toxicity level for THC, you couldn't possibly do enough of it to overdose. What you was trying to point out was this:
No, but people *have* died of smoking pot and then driving.  It has similar inhibiting effects as alcohol.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Sty

• x86
  • I'm your huckleberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2005, 01:58:57 pm »
Marijuana is in fact more harmfull to you than a cigarette, why? Marijuana smoke is inhaled deeper therefore it is in the lungs for a longer period of time... Also Marijuana is Carcinogenic, it increases the chance of brain/throat cancer by 60%... I had to research all of this bullshit when Malori was trying to tell me it was harmless, I hate kids these days. *cough*

I have no respect for anyone that uses any sort of drugs for fun... Oh and about your anti-depressant crap, my cousin killed herself and the autopsy came back with that being the reason, docters in the United States prescribe it way to often...

Gamesnake... "Punch for punch tabbaco is alot more dangerous for you then cannabis is."
I don't believe that to be truth, why you ask... Since Marijuana is enhaled more deeply your lungs are exposed to it for a longer period of time, tobbaco is smoked more often, yes, but if you smoke just one ciggerette and one joint, the Marijuana joint does more damage, puff per puff. (I'm not talking about vaporizing, which I'm also against, whenever you try to alter the brain you have to expect some sort of long term damage, although there haven't been any extensive long-term studies done on humans)

Besides the fact that when you use Marijuana on a regular basis you become sterile... although the effects seem to wear off in a matter of months.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 02:08:12 pm by Sty »

Offline TheSickEmpire

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2005, 09:55:09 am »
I have no respect for anyone that uses any sort of drugs for fun...

Yup.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2005, 11:01:14 am »
I have no respect for anyone that uses any sort of drugs for fun...
<3.