Author Topic: Furious [x86] ? :P  (Read 26227 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Furious [x86] ? :P
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2006, 08:09:51 pm »

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2006, 08:44:39 pm »
Post => Get Approved / Denied => Join or Don't.

not...

Get Approval => Post => Wait 2 months for voting => Join or Don't.
But see, our system is set up to avoid that (which you would know if you'd read and understood the rules).  We don't want people to have to wait around.  Votes are two weeks and always start immediately following the receipt of two leaders' approval.
Take heed of this, Furious.  The "I'd like to join!" threads are basically introduction threads which members pay closer attention to.  Technically you don't have to post one at all, all you have to do is get the approvals and then the votes.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2006, 09:02:53 pm »
A couple other things I should mention about the voting system.

I said votes are always two weeks.  That is true unless one of the following conditions have been met:
1.) A sufficient number of "yes" votes tallied against the total number of active members minus the total number of "abstain" votes is achieved such that the ratio is greater than or equal to 75%, or yes/(active-abstain) >= 0.75.  Thus, if five members (out of the current twenty-one active) abstain, twelve members voting yes would create the necessary 75% majority and, even though 12/21 is not nearly 75%, because five abstained and are not counted against the total, it works.
2.) A sufficient number of "no" votes tallied against the total number of active members minus the total number of "abstain" votes is achieved such that the ratio is greater than 25%, or no/(active-abstain) > 0.25.  Thus, if five members (of the current twenty-one active) abstain, 5 members voting no would exceed the required 25% minority.  Again, even though 5/21 is not 25%, because of the abstain votes not being counted against the total, we have a majority.

Members are allowed to change their votes up until the time that the figurehead (or his/her appointee, who is me at the moment because Newby is out of town, well he's actually in town to me, because he's near me, but he's out of town as in away from everyone else) declares the vote over, which is either after the two weeks or any time after one of the two above conditions is met.

As an aside Furious, I might have given you approval before your brazen example of disregard for how our system works.  I actually just defended you over something in one of our private discussion areas.  Now I'm not so sure.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.