Author Topic: Riding on ice  (Read 7235 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Riding on ice
« on: November 21, 2005, 05:57:40 pm »
Well, I decided to bike to school today.  The roads were mostly good, except for one stretch.  Not only was it icy, it was full of footprints so it was bumpy+++.  On the way there, I walked the icy stretch, because I found it really hard to bike.  I'd keep sliding and putting my feet down, and it ended up being slower than walking, so I got off and walked. 

On my way back, I had a thought.  If I tried to go fast, maybe it would be easier!  So I tried it. 

Now, the thing about wiping out while going fast on ice is that it doesn't hurt much.  I've wiped out on concrete, and that hurts like hell because you're dragging along something that doesn't like you.  Falling on ice, though, I just slid to a stop, and laughed at myself. 

Here is the dinky little cut I got as a reward:

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Riding on ice
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 07:08:29 pm »
The second one looks eeky.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 07:54:06 pm »
They're both the same one, from different distances :)

I assure you, it doesn't hurt a bit.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 08:00:01 pm »
Hehe, that second photo does look a bit creepy!

We've already lost all of our snow. :(  It was ~12 degrees C today; it still hasn't gotten cold yet. :(

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 08:40:47 pm »
Hah, I can walk/bike/run on ice very well after curling for a couple of years. :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 08:46:32 pm »
I don't think it was possible to bike on this ice.  Flat ice or in tire grooves is possible, but this ice was bumpy as hell from stupid pedistrians. 

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 02:23:26 am »
What if you attached a plow ... or steamroller attachement?
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 03:28:38 am »
What if you attached a plow ... or steamroller attachement?

LOL the 2-wheeler zamboni!
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Darkness

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 07:24:37 pm »
It was ~12 degrees C today; it still hasn't gotten cold yet. :(
Only communist countries use fake measurement systems like degrees C. What does the C stand for anyway, huh? I bet its degrees Communist... What an egocentrical country you must live in, I pity you, see if you can escape now before they don't let anyone leave and elect Stalin dictator.
(01:22:35) Newby: I am listening to 9989. Torsofuck - Fistfucking Her Decomposed Cadaver (0:07 / 2:37 320kbps)
(01:22:39) Newby: I am listening to 9990. Torsofuck - Worm Infested Anal (0:01 / 3:02 320kbps)
(01:22:43) Newby: I am listening to 9991. Torsofuck - Raped By Elephants (0:02 / 4:14 320kbps)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 07:26:35 pm »
Only communist countries use fake measurement systems like degrees C. What does the C stand for anyway, huh? I bet its degrees Communist... What an egocentrical country you must live in, I pity you, see if you can escape now before they don't let anyone leave and elect Stalin dictator.
Get with the times.  The USA is stuck in the 20th century with your stupid imperial measurements.  They realized how dumb those were 100 years ago, but yet you still use them?  How ignorant is that?  Stupid Americans.

Offline Darkness

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 07:36:28 pm »
Get with the times.  The USA is stuck in the 20th century with your stupid imperial measurements.  They realized how dumb those were 100 years ago, but yet you still use them?  How ignorant is that?  Stupid Americans.
My thermometer reads in Kelvin.
(01:22:35) Newby: I am listening to 9989. Torsofuck - Fistfucking Her Decomposed Cadaver (0:07 / 2:37 320kbps)
(01:22:39) Newby: I am listening to 9990. Torsofuck - Worm Infested Anal (0:01 / 3:02 320kbps)
(01:22:43) Newby: I am listening to 9991. Torsofuck - Raped By Elephants (0:02 / 4:14 320kbps)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 07:42:31 pm »
My thermometer reads in a constant relation (even easier than linear!) to Kelvin. 

My thermometer + 273 = kelvin

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2005, 07:53:16 pm »
METRICS SYSTEM BLOWS.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline zorm

• View Profile
    • Zorm's Page
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2005, 07:57:14 pm »
My thermometer reads in a constant relation (even easier than linear!) to Kelvin. 

My thermometer + 273 = kelvin

My thermometer which is infinitively better than yours reads in qualitative values. Its either 'Fucking Cold', 'Just Right' or 'Fucking Hot'. I don't need some fancy smancy reading in C or F or Kelvin.
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
- William of Ockham

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2005, 07:58:24 pm »
My thermometer which is infinitively better than yours reads in qualitative values. Its either 'Fucking Cold', 'Just Right' or 'Fucking Hot'. I don't need some fancy smancy reading in C or F or Kelvin.

Hmm, you obviously don't live in Winnipeg. 

Around here, it goes from "Fucking hot" to "Fucking cold" and the other way, without ever passing through "Just right".  Just one benefit of living nowhere near any terrain (mountains, lakes, etc.)