Author Topic: Supz  (Read 4959 times)

Offline Berzerker

• I r t3h l33tsk33t.
    • View Profile
Supz
« on: February 09, 2006, 10:27:19 pm »
Most of you probably know me from other forums or from pie servers (iago :P)

So uh...about me, right:

Name: Andy (NOT STEALTH)
What I like to do: Quake 4, Guild Wars, hanging out in clans :), I guess teching...yeah...lol
That's a little 'bout me.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Supz
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 10:30:44 pm »
Here are some other fun questions to answer! :)

Tell us about yourself... How old are you? Where are you from? What do you do (school/work)? Where do you work, if applicable? What kind of music do you like? Do you have a girl (boy?) friend?  Are you in any other clans? What are they like (if applicable)? Any friends around here (members or otherwise)? Why do you want to join? Have you read our rules?  What's your favourite tv show? Movie? Band? Country? Continent? Season?  Type of weather? Subject in school? Chemical? Food? Drink? Book? Author? Operating system? Phone company? Computer brand? Linux distribution? Sport? Sports team? Sporting event? Game? Style of game (board, rpg, card, etc.)? Bird? Animal? Pet?

Offline Berzerker

• I r t3h l33tsk33t.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 10:43:36 pm »
Ah, I knew there was something about Palio's post. :P

I'll go in order of how it's listed so I don't have to type the question out.

LI, NY
Sophmore in HS/Services leader (Sub-manager) at a local Mcdonalds
Rock. Rap sux, IMO.
Not ATM.
Nope.
N/A
Newby, iago...some others who might know me
I want to join a good community of people who would be nice to me and give me a good place to hangout when I have the time to do it. :)
Mostly. :P
Uhh....I would have to say Full Metal Alchemist, followed by Ghost In the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, along side SmackDown!/RAW
Movie? Don't have a favorite, I only see good ones. :P Hostel was pretty good, though I slept through half - 3/4 of it.
Nickelback, definetly.
US...oh favorite? Uh....still probably US.
Continent? Wtf? No. Am?
Season: Summer, no school.
Hot.
Any computer classes.
Chemical....Cesium in cold water.
Any fast food, although I'm not fat. :P
Pepsi
Reading sux. :(
Windows XP Home SP2.
Uhh...Verizon?
Custom built, owns all urs. :P
None, don't use linux...never have...thinking of learning.
Yankees.
World Series.
Baseball.
RPG, then cards (only Magic though) and FPS.
Bird?...don't know...
Animal: Dog
Dog?

What are with these questions? :P Bored? Lol.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 10:52:47 pm »
God, you're making me re-read the questions?  How awful of you!  Hehe... just kidding.

Nice to meet you, Andy/Berzerker!  Welcome to x86. :)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 10:54:00 pm »
What are with these questions? :P Bored? Lol.

It shows you have the initiative to contribute to the community. If you don't have the ability to answer questions about yourself, why would you even bother to contribute to the community, where you can hardly matter at first? :P

Welcome to the forums. Good luck in joining x86, if that's what you plan on doing. :P

Oh yeah, Berzerker = rich homo.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Berzerker

• I r t3h l33tsk33t.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 10:54:46 pm »
But like...favorite continent? Cmon newby...:P

@Rich comment: Oh gee, thanks.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 10:56:29 pm »
It's iago's questions! Not mine! He was bored! :)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 10:56:44 pm »
But like...favorite continent? Cmon newby...:P

If you look closely, you'll see it was iago who asked all of those questions! :)

Offline Berzerker

• I r t3h l33tsk33t.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 10:58:36 pm »
Gah, I hate fine print. :(

I would also like to add I'm taking my first AP's nxt yr. :P
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 11:02:51 pm by Berzerker »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 11:15:16 pm »

As almost everyone else here as learned: I come from a small school.  AP isn't offered here.  We have dual-enrollment college classes, which I have taken advantage of.  I cannot say which is the better program, but personally I don't like either.  I'm taking Honors Calculus (which has a curriculum defined by the teacher instead of some board of "advisers") this year and I've learned WAY more than I did in college trigonometry.

Offline Berzerker

• I r t3h l33tsk33t.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 11:50:02 pm »
Well, I'm sure if I take as many AP's as I'm physically able to take, I can be more ready for college.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2006, 12:16:06 am »
Well, I'm sure if I take as many AP's as I'm physically able to take, I can be more ready for college.

Not necessarily.  The AP program has a curriculum mandated by the state, which, obviously, has no way of seeing how intelligent the class is.  If some portion of the material is too difficult for the class, there's not much the teacher can do.  They have to move on in order to keep up with the curriculum.  If it's too slow, going on a tangent or studying a related topic could take too long.  I hate things like AP for this reason.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2006, 12:53:51 pm »
Welcome to the forums!!  And good luck on joining, which you have already tried to do. :)  Advise: Wait a little longer and get to know more people. :)

As almost everyone else here as learned: I come from a small school.  AP isn't offered here.  We have dual-enrollment college classes, which I have taken advantage of.  I cannot say which is the better program, but personally I don't like either.  I'm taking Honors Calculus (which has a curriculum defined by the teacher instead of some board of "advisers") this year and I've learned WAY more than I did in college trigonometry.
We have both at our school. :)  I have taken both, and I would have to say that, in my opinion, Dual-enrollment college classes are easier than AP classes. :D
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2006, 01:14:03 pm »
We have both at our school. :)  I have taken both, and I would have to say that, in my opinion, Dual-enrollment college classes are easier than AP classes. :D

That is completely dependant on the college that the school is using for their curriculum.  It also depends on how the AP council constructs their curriculum compared to the college; AP has to satisfy a more global population.

Beside this, I was arguing that non-mandated classes (ones that the teacher actually dictates the curriculum) are much better than dual-enrollment and AP.