Author Topic: DKP Discussion  (Read 4205 times)

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
DKP Discussion
« on: February 26, 2006, 02:06:39 am »
Neat, My guilds DKP is shared between all the instances, and ZG doesn't use it.  We also do silents bids, which makes it fun.  :)

I won a [Onyxia Hide Backpack] today on my first Ony run, so that was fun.  :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
DKP Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 02:17:18 am »
Neat, My guilds DKP is shared between all the instances, and ZG doesn't use it.  We also do silents bids, which makes it fun.  :)

It wouldn't make much sense for my raid to not have seperate DKP systems.  They are definitely different raids.  Quite a few people who attend MC don't attend BWL.  BWL is for the more "seasoned" members (or the Priests muahahaha).  I don't go to ZG with the people in my raid.  There are different leaders (there's 3 or 4 ZG raids, I believe), but I don't think any of them use DKP.  It's the same for AQ.

Hehe, I think most raids use the silent bid system.  It works well.  I especially like the NDKP system.  I don't know if you've looked at some of the mathematics for it (they're not hard; it's just a really good idea), but it's a very intelligent system.  I hate inflation.  NDKP eliminates that.

I won a [Onyxia Hide Backpack] today on my first Ony run, so that was fun.  :)

Hehe, nice!  I really hate Onyxia runs.  There are a few things that I wouldn't mind getting, but not for the hour that we lose killing her (the actually instance only takes ~25 minutes, but the entire "Onyxia Effort" takes about an hour).  I'd much rather be in BWL killing bosses. :)  I think we'll have Nefarion by sometime next month.  Only 3 more bosses to go! :)

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
DKP Discussion
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 02:24:10 am »
Well, an Onyxia run gives me 9dkp, in around 40 minutes, then we get the buff and finish Rag, which gives me anothe r 4 dkp, plus the chance to get the phat loot. :)

So +9 dkp, and a chance to get a really nice ring from the Ony head.  :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
DKP Discussion
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 02:36:40 am »
Well, an Onyxia run gives me 9dkp, in around 40 minutes, then we get the buff and finish Rag, which gives me anothe r 4 dkp, plus the chance to get the phat loot. :)

So +9 dkp, and a chance to get a really nice ring from the Ony head.  :)

Haha, yeah.  That's definitely not NDKP.  That sounds like eqDKP to me (I'm actually pretty sure that NDKP was built off of eqDKP, but the NDKP system is a hell of a lot better, in my opinion).

With normal DKP (EQDKP), there's room for inflation.  There are quite a few reasons that inflation happens, but I'll list a single example.  When raid members get less and less motivated to do a certain boss, the leader can increase the amount of DKP you earn from helping take down the boss.  This seems all fine and dandy, but then the problem becomes apparent.  People have huge DKP gaps.  To compensate for this, the raid leader may try to change other variables, which only further messes things up.

With NDKP, items have a constant value.  They go to three decimal places.  Let's say you kill Garr and the following items drop:

Circlet of Prophecy  = 14.032 DKP
 Archanist Crown  = 12.124 DKP
 Quickstrike Ring = 16.732 DKP
 Total = 42.88800

Now, lets say that when the Garr battle began, there were 38 people online.  To calculate the amount of DKP you get, you divide the total DKP cost of the items that drop by the number of people online when the boss battle was started (or ends, I'm not sure which):

42.88800 DKP / 38 People = 1.129 DKP/Person

The rest of the calculations work in the same way.  The attendance system on NDKP is also quite a bit more intricate.  It's based on a 6 week attendance and earns the name 6WKATT (6 Week Attendance).

Overall, I think NDKP is a lot better.  Both work quite well, though.  It doesn't really matter that much. :)

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
DKP Discussion
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 02:49:48 am »
Yes, we use EQDKP with a minimum bid of 25dkp.  Most items are sold for 75+dkp.

http://www.wowfederation.com/eqdkp/

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
DKP Discussion
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 02:53:09 am »
Yes, we use EQDKP with a minimum bid of 25dkp.  Most items are sold for 75+dkp.

http://www.wowfederation.com/eqdkp/

Hehe, you should tell your raid leader to check out NDKP.  The bidding system is pretty nice, but again: it allows inflation.  NDKP doesn't!  It kicks ass! :)

Here's my raid's NDKP script location for MC: http://www.methart.com/NDKP/

( Take note who's in last place *ahem* )

I'm now refered to as "The Epic Bandit."  Roooaaarr.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
DKP Discussion
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 03:05:14 am »
I like eqdkp.  It's follows the best rule overall, KISS.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
DKP Discussion
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 03:17:04 am »

I'm not entirely sure what KISS is. :P

[Off-Topic]: dark-wire hosts the DKP system for the biggest alliance raid on Feathermoon.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
DKP Discussion
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 04:06:52 pm »

In repsonse to this after I realized what it means --

Sometimes simple is stupid.  I've been in raids where it would literally take months for me to catch up to anyone else.  I start with 0 DKP, they have almost 1,000 DKP.  You get 50 DKP for an entire raid -- it's lame.  Almost all systems that leave room for inflation are doomed to this destiny.  NDKP rocks! :P

A guildie and I actually developed a looting system which eliminated the possibility for inflation, but the raid I led never took off.  We got Lucifron down to 30%, but nothing past that.  The system was pretty neat, but it wasn't intricate enough to support a 40 man raid.  NDKP is similar in general concept, but the inner workings are much more advanced.  To reiterate, I was very impressed when I read up on how NDKP works.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 04:08:47 pm by Sidoh »

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
Re: DKP Discussion
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 12:51:38 pm »
End game instances are way too hard to get out off with an epic now a days. I rember my brother droping Onyixa frist run and got Her eye. His DKP was the highest in the guild but since another member needed it and was brand new and they didnt want him to leave they deicde to give it to him while my brothers DKP went back down to 0. Its a bunch of bull shit if you ask me.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 06:15:11 pm »
End game instances are way too hard to get out off with an epic now a days. I rember my brother droping Onyixa frist run and got Her eye. His DKP was the highest in the guild but since another member needed it and was brand new and they didnt want him to leave they deicde to give it to him while my brothers DKP went back down to 0. Its a bunch of bull shit if you ask me.

Why did your brother's DKP go back down to 0?  DKP is like currency; if you use it correctly, you have it until you spend it.

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 10:20:28 am »

Why did your brother's DKP go back down to 0?  DKP is like currency; if you use it correctly, you have it until you spend it.

They said since it was his choice to give the eye back to the guild that his DKP drops. He broke the keyboard when they told him that.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2006, 05:15:58 am »

They said since it was his choice to give the eye back to the guild that his DKP drops. He broke the keyboard when they told him that.
Sounds like your brother's a tool, to be honest. No one should take that.

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2006, 06:54:17 pm »

Its either that or get kicked, Then they would probally blacklist him and Bran him Ninja for every AV he goes in. So I dont see anything relating to a "tool" in that nature.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2006, 07:19:03 pm »

Its either that or get kicked, Then they would probally blacklist him and Bran him Ninja for every AV he goes in. So I dont see anything relating to a "tool" in that nature.

Half that sentence didn't make sense, so, this is how I look at it;

Either (A) he won it, then traded it to his guildie figuring he needed it more.

^ This of which I'd think they had the right to charge your brother DKP for.

Or (B) He wins, but then says he doesn't want it and to give it to someone else.

^ This of which I'd say he's an idiot if the other guy had to spend DKP for it as well, and then them both be losing and him getting nothing. Then doing nothing about it other then breaking his keyboard.