Author Topic: D&D Psionics  (Read 4287 times)

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
D&D Psionics
« on: March 27, 2006, 05:06:19 pm »
I started playing local DAND here i have a group about 6 people we play weekly. Let me say right now my psionic is da shits. Once my level gets high enough if some bitch in my group pisses me off I'll lift them with my mind and run them into a wall.

On a side note I let newby look at my awesome book collection, he has the lift so if anyone wants to check out a backup copy that i ripped into .pdf let me know, great story lines / adventures / even a couple D2 adventure you could interpret into your T+T group.
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

Offline TeHFoOoL

• View Profile
Re: D&D Psionics
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 03:38:27 pm »
D&D was extremely fun. We had a group that varied between four and seven people, and it was the lack of consistency and people's uninterest to delve deeper into their character because we broke up. I was the DM for five or six weeks, then James took over and things got bad. Personally, I think his adventures/quests were more elaborate than mine, but people just got tired of their stuff. I can't blame them, since one of them had the pregenerated character, "Regdar"..LMfao.

It's really a test of maturity and durability. Near the end I made a female character and was constantly mocked for doing so.

James and I were completely devoted, but besides that no one really had the D&D passion required to keep it going. Hopefully your group is more literate in D&D, and last longer than we did because it's really worth it. =)

Can't fool a FoOoL

Offline Hdx

• The Hdx!
  • <3 Java/Cpp/VB/QB
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 10:19:51 pm »
Well, I play D&D, Well, ADND 2.5, 3.x sucks
I used to have a groupe of about 130 people.
BUT I moved away and :*( tiz no longer.
Psionics are indeed great but I perfer portalists.
Imagine a 9'7" 95lbs pale blue guy with long jet black hair, pure black eyes.
Oh and he also has the ability to create portals into other demensions at whim.

I ended up killing an eintire army myself, stupied people didnt figure out not to shot arrows at me <3

Oh well, in the grupe of 130 people, we had a few.... rawdy people... who were jsut in it to see the things they can do, so they ended up having sex (in-game) with eachother, with a magic belt on, and ya, we had fun with that, the males got pregnant, freakin half-orge/goblin/elf coming out of a elf MALE.

Oh well, i'm bored beyond beleif.
~-~(HDX)~-~
http://img140.exs.cx/img140/6720/hdxnew6lb.gif
09/08/05 - Clan SBs @ USEast
 [19:59:04.000] <DeadHelp> We don't like customers.
 [19:59:05.922] <DeadHelp> They're assholes
 [19:59:08.094] <DeadHelp> And they're never right.

Offline TeHFoOoL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 02:24:00 pm »
Well, I play D&D, Well, ADND 2.5, 3.x sucks
I used to have a groupe of about 130 people.
BUT I moved away and :*( tiz no longer.
Psionics are indeed great but I perfer portalists.
Imagine a 9'7" 95lbs pale blue guy with long jet black hair, pure black eyes.
Oh and he also has the ability to create portals into other demensions at whim.

I ended up killing an eintire army myself, stupied people didnt figure out not to shot arrows at me <3

Oh well, in the grupe of 130 people, we had a few.... rawdy people... who were jsut in it to see the things they can do, so they ended up having sex (in-game) with eachother, with a magic belt on, and ya, we had fun with that, the males got pregnant, freakin half-orge/goblin/elf coming out of a elf MALE.

Oh well, i'm bored beyond beleif.
~-~(HDX)~-~

This doesn't sound like the same D&D I play..

Can't fool a FoOoL

Offline Newby

• Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 03:21:06 pm »

D&D v2 is more roleplaying-oriented. D&D v3 is more hack-and-slash/combat oriented. heh.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline TeHFoOoL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 01:25:42 am »

D&D v2 is more roleplaying-oriented. D&D v3 is more hack-and-slash/combat oriented. heh.

I know that. I played v2 before I played v3.0-3.5.

But uh, you really ever can't take an entire "army" by yourself. You'd have to be like a level 20+ with decked out epix, man.

Can't fool a FoOoL

Offline Hdx

• The Hdx!
  • <3 Java/Cpp/VB/QB
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 04:02:55 pm »
I never said that we were playing low level.
You've got to imagine, we got that many people, we've all been playing for ~3-4 years.
Playing almost every weekend, and over that time, *maby* having no more then 5 charecters (depends on how fast we become to powerfull).
And my portalist was the 1st chr. I created for this grupe. And I had been playing him for 3.5 years... IIRC I was like, level 31-33, Something like that.
And I had decent gear, not godly, but I didn't need anything, I had trained my portalist poweres enuf that almost nothing could get me, (I say almost because there were times where I would of died, had it not been for my mates, but it was usually when fighting a magic user)
Anyways, I've lost the sheetrs from back then, or else i'd scan it and show you.
But i'm trying to get people 'round my place into it so we can start another team.
~-~(HDX)~-~
http://img140.exs.cx/img140/6720/hdxnew6lb.gif
09/08/05 - Clan SBs @ USEast
 [19:59:04.000] <DeadHelp> We don't like customers.
 [19:59:05.922] <DeadHelp> They're assholes
 [19:59:08.094] <DeadHelp> And they're never right.

Offline TeHFoOoL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 11:12:50 pm »
I believe it takes much longer than 100 weekends to get to level 35.. I don't know very many who take a character past 20. Maybe your DM's scale was a little more .. Magnified than the norm.

Can't fool a FoOoL