Author Topic: FMA Season starting over.  (Read 12769 times)

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
Re: FMA Season starting over.
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2006, 02:27:23 am »
FMA was a great series. FLCL is just odd...
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline rabbit

• I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2006, 01:00:12 pm »
Try reading it :P

Offline wires

• Pwnage
  • x86
  • cocaine is fun!
    • View Profile
    • Weapon Of Mass Destruction
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2006, 10:18:02 pm »
I don't watch much anime.  However, I'm downloaded episodes 1-50 of FMA right now.  I've only seen a few episodes on TV. :P

Animes I like in no order:
Cowboy Bebop
Hellsing
Trigun
Samurai Champloo
Gundam (any series)
Bleach
Outlaw Star (probably my favorite)

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2006, 01:39:12 am »
Animes I like:

FMA
Ghost in the shell  <-- Woo!
Gundam Wing <-- and only that one!  </3 others
Cowboy Bebop <-- It's alright, don't see it on much anymore.
.hack//SIGN  <-- It's awesome, but confusing if you miss ANY episode.   :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2006, 01:34:55 pm »
Animes I like:

FMA
Ghost in the shell  <-- Woo!
Gundam Wing <-- and only that one!  </3 others
Cowboy Bebop <-- It's alright, don't see it on much anymore.
.hack//SIGN  <-- It's awesome, but confusing if you miss ANY episode.   :)
<3 Yoko Kanno. :D
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Hdx

• The Hdx!
  • <3 Java/Cpp/VB/QB
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2006, 05:19:01 pm »
I have all epps of FMA on my comp, all original jap viedo, with english dub.
I also have the movie rip, jap w/ eng dub sent to me by a friend in japan.

I liked the eintier series cept 'Night of the Chimeras Cry' it was jsut sick...
Anyways, This is *kinda* old, but anyone remember Detective Conan? Anyone know where I can get it? I really enjoyed it while it was aired on AdultSwim.

And yes GITS:SAC is a sweet show for anyone who is into computers ;)
Anyone have any of those epps on there comp, or know where to get em?
Perferably engdub, but I do understand jap. fluently.
~-~(HDX)~-~
http://img140.exs.cx/img140/6720/hdxnew6lb.gif
09/08/05 - Clan SBs @ USEast
 [19:59:04.000] <DeadHelp> We don't like customers.
 [19:59:05.922] <DeadHelp> They're assholes
 [19:59:08.094] <DeadHelp> And they're never right.

Offline rabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2006, 07:33:10 pm »
I know about "Detective Conan", but you probably won't find anything by searching for that.  It's actual name is "Case Closed."

I haven't seen SAC, but I've seen both GITS movies, and they rock.

.hack//SIGN is stupid.  If you take out the music, all you have is boring.  I LIKE the idea (I own .hack//INFECTION, MUTATION, and OUTBREAK (almost QUARENTINE too!)), but SIGN is just annoying.

WiReS, you got jipped.  There are 52 episodes of FMA.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2006, 07:46:42 pm »
I am currently watching Last exile. This is my favorite series hands down. I mean the 3d and the 2d mixing is just friggen sweet. I also love the plot and the charaters as well. I suggest to everybody here that you guys go take a look at it. "Limewire baby =P"

Review:

Last Exile is steampunk, meaning that it's set in a quasi-Victorian future. If you read Neal "Jesus Christ" Stephenson, his book Diamond Age features a land very reminiscent of Last Exile's Prestale, except that his setting lacks the giant airships of doom. Prestale is a world of classy nobles in big hats and monocles filing formal complaints when an enemy commits an un-chivalrous action in battle--like using a big gun on a battleship rather than legions of troops armed with pea shooters. It's also filled with dirty peasants drinking dirty water from even dirtier cups. The main characters in the show, Claus and Lavie, are of the second, mud-drinking class. Claus is the pilot and Lavie the navigator of their van ship, which they use to deliver messages to various nobles. It's sort of like UPS sans the short-shorts.

One day, when racing their ship (something else they do with great acme), Clause and Lavie happen upon another van ship pilot who was shot down. He's carrying an 11-star package: a little girl named Alvis destined for the Sylvana, a badass airship fighting the Guild (who I'll get to later). 11 stars is pretty high priority, since your letter to Grandma for Christmas is about 3 stars, Kennedy's communications with Krushtev during the Cuban Missile Crisis would have been about 9, and 11 stars is saved for packages like the cure for a disease that needs to get around the world in 15 minutes or half the human race will die and the other half will become blind, sterile, and insane. Claus and Lavie meet Alex, the brooding bishounen and captain of the Sylvana. Alex is out to get the Guild for killing his wife many a year ago. While he does angst about that whole dead-wife thing a lot, he also carries a big, big, bigass gun sword with him, so he's not all bad. He convinces Claus and Lavie that their piloting skills are being wasted flying bills between nobles, and convinces them to fight the Guild.

This show also features Russian girls without noses.
 Now, the Guild isn't some pansy Everquest guild; these guys are the high-tech ninja overlords of the world. While everyone else is off firing their single-shot rifles, the Guild has lasers and such. Controlled by the hedonistic Maestro Delphine, they rule according to her whim. If she doesn't like a tree in a palace, poof, the entire kingdom is destroyed in a deluge of flames. The Guild also controls the technology that makes airships possible. Basically, they have the world by the short hairs.
Claus and Lavie learn that Alvis has some sort of mystical connection to the Last Exile, which is hidden in the Grand Stream, the Bermuda Triangle of the sky. What the Last Exile is I'll leave for you to decide for yourself, but it's the key to not only defeating the Guild, but to making your whites whiter and your brights brighter.

What makes this show great is not just the plot--which, by the way, is excellent and leaves you begging for more at the end of each episode--it's the characters. Claus and Lavie may be orphans, but for once I don't hold that against them (stupid orphans). They go through huge amounts of development with little angst, which is far too often the handmaiden of development. In addition, the side characters are well-designed, which is the sign of a great show (just look at One Piece). Dio Elaclaire, the defector from the Guild, has his own nice little arc where he learns that Delphine is a jerk. Sophia Forrester of the Sylvana is the newest Lady Une, badass when in a uniform and nice when in a dress. Even the scary repair guy who's in the running for this year's "Sleep is for the Weak Worst Pedophile of the Year" award is beautifully designed.

Since this is a Gonzo show, there's a lot of CG (computer generated) animation. It's not bad, nothing as bad as Blue Submarine # 6, but sometimes it just feels out of place. I'm of the school that thinks that you shouldn't be able to tell when they switch from cell to digital animation, like in Cowboy Bebop, so big CG scenes just don't sit well with me. However, the CGs are well-done in themselves; you can tell Gonzo spent a lot of time to make them more than eye candy. The big battle and race episodes are almost entirely CG, and they aren't that bad unless you're a complete Luddite.

There are also a lot of new voice actors in this show--those for Alvis and Lavie are new to the voice acting game--as well as some Gonzo regulars. Asano Mayui, who plays Claus, also plays tough-but-lovable munitions officer Rheingau from Vandread, for example. No huge names nor amazing acting here, but the voices still suffice.

Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline wires

• Pwnage
  • x86
  • cocaine is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2006, 09:27:43 pm »
Oh well, I'll get them later I suppose.  This is probably an older torrent. :p

Anyways, This is *kinda* old, but anyone remember Detective Conan? Anyone know where I can get it? I really enjoyed it while it was aired on AdultSwim.
I forgot all about that show, I used to watch it all the time.  Though as rabbit said, the original name was Case Closed.

AnimeIndex has a few episodes under Detective Conan, so they're probably english.  I didn't see any under Case Closed. :/
http://animeindex.net/index.php?search=detective+conan&category=0&active=1

Offline rabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2006, 10:41:00 pm »
Yeah, the English anime is called Detective Conan, for whatever reason, but it's impossible to find under that name.  Most of the time it'll show up as "Case Closed" or "Case Closed: Mysteries of Detective Conan" (I think) or something similar.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2006, 02:30:14 am »
I haven't seen SAC, but I've seen both GITS movies, and they rock.

Trust me, it's a well put together series.  :)

.hack//SIGN is stupid.  If you take out the music, all you have is boring.  I LIKE the idea (I own .hack//INFECTION, MUTATION, and OUTBREAK (almost QUARENTINE too!)), but SIGN is just annoying.

Yeah.. well... I hate you!  *runs away crying*
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2006, 06:59:52 pm »

52? There are 51 not including the movie.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline rabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2006, 08:08:21 pm »
The movie is short enough to be considered an episode.

Offline igimo1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2007, 12:08:34 am »
Sorry to disappoint everyone, but FMA is an awful series.

Offline wires

• Pwnage
  • x86
  • cocaine is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2007, 12:57:23 am »
Sorry to disappoint everyone, but FMA is an awful series.
WTF?!?!