Author Topic: Hey I'm a new GOTH girl.  (Read 37706 times)

Offline Lexifer

• Hey peepz. I love Billy, my personal dork.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey I'm a new GOTH girl.
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 08:26:19 pm »
You guys must really have boring lives... picking on someone because they are using computer language? That is extremely low, you people might be worse than "The Popular" crowd. They don't even fucking critisize me this bad... especially for little things like that. That's really retarted. I am an individual, and I have true feelings as well as anyone else. ~Thank you~
~Love, Lexi~

Offline Lexifer

• View Profile
Newbie goth here!
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 08:41:46 pm »
Hey, what's up everybody? My name is Lexi and I'm really bored. Any one want to post things with me on this message thing? I'm not sure what to call it exactly. But yeah, that's really about it.
~Love, Lexi~

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 08:50:22 pm »
It wasn't meant as an insult, I just said your grammar sucks.  You have proven me wrong.

See, the thing is, it's just painful to read stuff like that on a forum.  In an IM I can understand, you (nor even I) take the time to type out a message and proof-read it before sending it.  On a forum, however, it's generally expected that you take the time to type everything out nice and proper.

No hard feelings.

@Joe: silence.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 08:51:36 pm »
Yes rabbi [sic].
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Lexifer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2006, 09:13:10 pm »
Oh, thank you. You are one of the nicest people I've met on this site. I feel better when people consider my feeling... just because I'm goth doesn't mean that I don't care what people say... because I do. Thank you.
~Love, Lexi~

Offline Lexifer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 09:14:53 pm »
I'm sorry, I didn't make feeling plural... I meant "feelings."
~Love, Lexi~

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2006, 09:18:11 pm »
You guys must really have boring lives... picking on someone because they are using computer language?

You have just as little (in my mind, less) right to conclude this as the people before have to criticize your spelling.  If you haven't noticed, the only people who use that sort of grammar on these boards are people who are new.  We're not "picking on you," it's just something that generally annoys most of us.  I don't see any reason behind using this common excuse "It's the internet!"  Who cares?!  It's another medium for communication.  I don't understand purposeful lack of grammatical flow in communication just because data is transmitted digitally instead of across paper or pressure waves.

That is extremely low, you people might be worse than "The Popular" crowd. They don't even fucking criticize me this bad...

We're not criticizing you, we're commenting on your purposefully inflicted poor grammar.  If you don't agree with the logic I've listed above, please provide reasoning.

especially for little things like that. That's really retarded. I am an individual, and I have true feelings as well as anyone else. ~Thank you~

You can call it as "little" as you want, but it's a subjective statement.  In a community where opinions are based entirely on the content of a post (such as an online forum), grammar can play a crucial role in your judgement.

We're not saying you're stupid or intellectually challenged, we're saying that you should use the grammar that we know you're capable of.

On a "side" note, welcome to the community.

Oh, FFS.  Stop replying while I'm posting you asses! :( (Kidding).

Oh, thank you. You are one of the nicest people I've met on this site. I feel better when people consider my feeling... just because I'm goth doesn't mean that I don't care what people say... because I do. Thank you.

Don't make such hastey conclusions!  Just because we've insulted your purposeful horrid grammar (that you're not using anymore; we're appreciative of that) doesn't mean we don't care what you think.  Maybe we think it's what's best for you. :P

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2006, 09:24:33 pm »
You guys just got fucking owned. Lexi rocks, back off.
You guys got owned again.
Except that, by typing correctly, she didn't disprove me, because my original point was
You have to work harder to type that way.

I'm just used to typing up words that come from IM's and other stuff like that. I didn't join this club to be critisized.
You guys must really have boring lives... picking on someone because they are using computer language?
Generally it's not meant as an insult.  People become very snide when correcting other people's forum etiquette though.  As rabbit pointed out, it hurts to read a lot of that junk - your mind needs to go through extra hoops to process the additional information such as sounds (see this for example).  

I am an individual, and I have true feelings as well as anyone else.
Don't get me started how every goth is an individual with true feelings and how nobody else really does or understands what it's like.  Most of us have already been in high school.  :P  (That's why we're cynical about goths....  In my four years at a major metropolitan university where 60,000 students are enrolled on the main campus alone, I think I've maybe ever seen one "goth".  Everyone grows out of it).

Don't make such hastey conclusions!
OMG lern2spel "hasty" noob!  (As you can see we often chide each other for these kinds of things too).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 09:40:19 pm by MyndFyre[x86] »
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2006, 09:28:58 pm »
I forgot to mention.  I'm horrible at spelling, myself.  That's the one thing I miss about FireFox -- GoogleToolbar and it's awesome spell checker... Opera has a spell checker, but it's about a tenth as efficient.

That's aside from the point, though.  I don't mind poor spelling as much as I do poor grammar (to an extent, of course).  As demonstrated above, MyndFyre knew exactly what word I was referring to. :P

Offline Lexifer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2006, 09:38:15 pm »
Well, I am sorry for being over sensitive. I didn't know how you felt about it, I was just trying to say some things that I thought were wrong. I hope all can accept me a little better now, I really do.
~Love, Lexi~

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2006, 09:45:01 pm »
Well, I am not one to critique grammar and or spelling because I don't have the best of either. :)

One question:  Why do you keep telling us you are goth? 

Anyways, welcome to the forums!!
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Lexifer

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2006, 09:48:11 pm »
Well... the reason why is because I want to get the point across that I am not a "preppy girl." But, I want to also show that goths can have fun!
~Love, Lexi~

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2006, 09:51:27 pm »
Joe, shut the fuck up. You're not helping at all.

@ the original poster: Nice to meet you! Hope you enjoy your stay here. :)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2006, 09:55:23 pm »
Well... the reason why is because I want to get the point across that I am not a "preppy girl." But, I want to also show that goths can have fun!
Haha.  I don't think you will find too many "preppy" people on these forums, especially a "preppy girl".  I think a "preppy girl" would rather sit infront of a mirror and put on make-up instead of being on a computer and hanging out with us. But I doubt that anyone on here would of thought about you as a "preppy girl",  especially with your name. :)
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2006, 09:57:17 pm »

Read my long-winded post. -_-

Also, I personally don't care if you're classified as a "preppy girl."  As long as you're not an arrogant asshole or ignorant dipshit, I really don't care what you call yourself.  I'm a nerd. :P