Author Topic: Guild Wars???  (Read 17016 times)

Offline Jedi(HF)

• View Profile
Guild Wars???
« on: July 07, 2006, 01:39:42 pm »
I just recently started playing GW again, and I was wondering if anyone else plays it?

Amin lon talant e'a dae....

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
Re: Guild Wars???
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 01:53:26 pm »
I just recently started playing GW again, and I was wondering if anyone else plays it?

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 02:10:09 pm »

Sorry, I sold my GW account... maybe I can get it back seeing as the guy who bought it still hasn't paid me yet...  GW was fun...

btw, get WoW.  I'll give you a free 10 days if you want...
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Jedi(HF)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 04:46:26 pm »

System Req's for GW: 256 MB Ram

System Req's for WoW: 512 MB Ram

My System's Ram: 384 MB Ram

I think I have to stick to GW, if you know what I mean  :'(

Not to mention after those 10 days it would be Pay to Play, and I don't play P2P games.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 04:53:13 pm »
Pay to Play, and I don't play P2P games.

Why?

Offline Jedi(HF)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 07:05:36 am »
1: I'm cheap lol

2: I find $15 a month ridiculous considering you have to pay for the game as well which is 30-50 depending on where you buy it, not to mention expansions

3: Even if I wasn't cheap, I don't have a job at the moment to pay for a play to pay game that costs $15 a month ( I'm only 16 so I'm not overly enthuasitic about getting a job yet when I can sit on my can and play video games all day for summer break :) )

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 06:55:07 pm »
You could always steal your moms credit card and pay for it that way. 1337 Hax0r
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline TeHFoOoL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 11:39:09 pm »
Ignore all the politics.

And Sidoh. -_- He's promotes WoW lots.

Even though he's part of the reason I started playing. :X

GW is a brilliant game. Sure, it's inferior to WoW ( in my opinion ) but you can have a lot of fun with it. My main suggestion is to take your time and look at things; there's a lot of really nice art incorporated into that game. I have an account with ~500 platinum on it but I don't want to reinstall. :X

Can't fool a FoOoL

Offline Jedi(HF)

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 03:40:40 pm »
:O 500 Platinum?!?! Must have been playing for a while >.< Hey if you aren't going to play it anymore do you think I could get your account from you? One of my friends want's to play but doesn't have the money to get a key and he has been borrowing different friends accounts so he cant get past pre-searess :/.

P.S. If you let me have it I'll promise to try out WoW  ;D

Offline wires

• Pwnage
  • cocaine is fun!
    • View Profile
    • Weapon Of Mass Destruction
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 04:26:02 pm »

System Req's for GW: 256 MB Ram

System Req's for WoW: 512 MB Ram

My System's Ram: 384 MB Ram

I think I have to stick to GW, if you know what I mean  :'(

Not to mention after those 10 days it would be Pay to Play, and I don't play P2P games.
I played on a computer with 256 ram, and I got about 10fps. :P

Offline TeHFoOoL

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 05:26:47 pm »
:O 500 Platinum?!?! Must have been playing for a while >.< Hey if you aren't going to play it anymore do you think I could get your account from you? One of my friends want's to play but doesn't have the money to get a key and he has been borrowing different friends accounts so he cant get past pre-searess :/.

P.S. If you let me have it I'll promise to try out WoW  ;D

Well, I'm not sure that I won't be playing it in the future.. So.. :[

Can't fool a FoOoL

Offline Jedi(HF)

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 06:27:38 pm »
Oh ok. Well never hurts to ask  :D

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2006, 06:34:04 pm »
1: I'm cheap lol

While that may seem like a semi-valid reason, there are other things you are leaving unconsidered.

2: I find $15 a month ridiculous considering you have to pay for the game as well which is 30-50 depending on where you buy it, not to mention expansions

Considering WoW has effectively replaced and haulted the past, constant stream of games I bought, it's probably saving me money in the long run.  New games are generally $30 - $50.  Even if one kept me entertained for two months (that was rare), I'd still break even by paying for a monthly WoW subscription fee.  I can honestly tell you I haven't purchased a game in the 1.5 years I've played WoW.  It has also replaced other forms of entertainment.  I used to buy/rent movies a lot.  I think the only ones I've purchased in my time of playing WoW are Dune, The Chidren of Dune and Underworld: Evolutions, which totals to about $50.  I'm still saving money.

WoW is an emensely intricate and complicated game.  Considering Blizzard maintains server farms that get more traffic than almost every internet site on the planet, I think the $15 is well worth the stability they are able to maintain.

3: Even if I wasn't cheap, I don't have a job at the moment to pay for a play to pay game that costs $15 a month ( I'm only 16 so I'm not overly enthuasitic about getting a job yet when I can sit on my can and play video games all day for summer break :) )

Pfff... I had a summer job when I was 14!  It paid $8.50/hr too! ;)

Offline Jedi(HF)

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 06:53:22 am »

Considering WoW has effectively replaced and haulted the past, constant stream of games I bought, it's probably saving me money in the long run.  New games are generally $30 - $50.  Even if one kept me entertained for two months (that was rare), I'd still break even by paying for a monthly WoW subscription fee.  I can honestly tell you I haven't purchased a game in the 1.5 years I've played WoW.  It has also replaced other forms of entertainment.  I used to buy/rent movies a lot.  I think the only ones I've purchased in my time of playing WoW are Dune, The Chidren of Dune and Underworld: Evolutions, which totals to about $50.  I'm still saving money.

WoW is an emensely intricate and complicated game.  Considering Blizzard maintains server farms that get more traffic than almost every internet site on the planet, I think the $15 is well worth the stability they are able to maintain.

I see where your coming from, but for me it's different. In the last two years I have bought 1 video game and it was Halo 2 for the X-Box. The rest of them my parents bought  ;D So in the last two years I have spent $30 (my dad bought GW and decided he didnt like it so gave me the account) where as if I had WoW (I would have to pay for the monthly subscriptions myself) I would have spent $360.

Also in the last two years I have enough games that I can switch between to not get bored of them.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 10:56:23 am »
I see where your coming from, but for me it's different. In the last two years I have bought 1 video game and it was Halo 2 for the X-Box. The rest of them my parents bought  ;D So in the last two years I have spent $30 (my dad bought GW and decided he didnt like it so gave me the account) where as if I had WoW (I would have to pay for the monthly subscriptions myself) I would have spent $360.

Also in the last two years I have enough games that I can switch between to not get bored of them.

So your parents don't want to try saving money by paying a monthly subscripsion instead of buying you games every so often? :P