Author Topic: Jesus in Canada or just some crazy dude that heals people???  (Read 20910 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Jesus in Canada or just some crazy dude that heals people???
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006, 02:23:22 pm »
It's probably best to wait on more substantial proof of his powers, rather than assuming he has these powers and debating about their possible impact on various religions.  This is of course, not new at all.  How many people have claimed to have super-natural powers, with success stories to back up their claims?

thousands

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2006, 03:41:07 pm »
It's probably best to wait on more substantial proof of his powers, rather than assuming he has these powers and debating about their possible impact on various religions.  This is of course, not new at all.  How many people have claimed to have super-natural powers, with success stories to back up their claims?

Well, I didn't read the article, nor do I know anything about the guy.  But it's still interesting to discuss what supernatural powers could mean. 

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 08:09:37 pm »
X-Men is real!!  DUN DUN DUN!!!

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2006, 12:50:05 am »
My opinion:

Strange things happen all the time. A lot of these things, we can't explain. Some things are faked, and some things really do happen, and we don't know why. And it's absolutely useless trying to explain  how when we don't have the capacity to formulate such answers. At least, not right now, and probably not in the near future. There's going to be people trying to explain all the occurences on the planet, no one can stop them, I certainly won't try. But I won't join them. (At least, not the very extraordinary "miracles" that happen.)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2006, 02:28:22 am »
I'm pretty sure I can explain events like this: remarkable coincidence.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2006, 11:17:19 am »
I'm pretty sure I can explain events like this: remarkable coincidence.
but how can you explain multiple remarkable coincidences?
he can "read their aura" & see what is wrong with people...but he doesnt always see everything wrong with them

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2006, 01:13:23 pm »
So can Criss Angel and David Blaine, but they don't claim any super-natural powers.  They're just extremely good at reading people's faces, and extremely charismatic. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2006, 01:17:03 pm »

You manage each of them individually.  They're bound to fail at point point or another.

It's fully possible for someone to walk strait through a wall.  I think it's much less remarkable that someone is 'cured' of some disease by 'someone touching them,' or something to that effect.

I think most of this stuff is like the placebo effect.  People think they've been cured, so their attitude is much more positive regarding their health.  They'll probably start doing more normal things, which is good for recovery.

he can "read their aura" & see what is wrong with people...but he doesnt always see everything wrong with them

In my opinion, he's absolutely full of shit.  But hey... you can believe this garbage all you want.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2006, 01:50:02 pm »

You manage each of them individually.  They're bound to fail at point point or another.

It's fully possible for someone to walk strait through a wall.  I think it's much less remarkable that someone is 'cured' of some disease by 'someone touching them,' or something to that effect.

I think most of this stuff is like the placebo effect.  People think they've been cured, so their attitude is much more positive regarding their health.  They'll probably start doing more normal things, which is good for recovery.

In my opinion, he's absolutely full of shit.  But hey... you can believe this garbage all you want.
I'm way skeptical & non-believing too, I'm just arguing "why cant he be fo reals"

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2006, 01:57:16 pm »
QFT

I'd wait before jumping on the bandwagon.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2006, 05:11:02 pm »
I'm way skeptical & non-believing too, I'm just arguing "why cant he be fo reals"

Because it defies thet laws of known physics.  People don't have mystical forces irradiating from their hands that kills cancerous cells.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2006, 05:17:47 pm »

Because it defies thet laws of known physics.  People don't have mystical forces irradiating from their hands that kills cancerous cells.
which would mean that (if he really does heal people) he has "powers" from God or he himself is God or whatever

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2006, 06:07:33 pm »

which would mean that (if he really does heal people) he has "powers" from God or he himself is God or whatever
Or he's a phoney. 

There's a $1,000,000 reward for anybody who can prove, beyond reasonable doubt (in a scientific, observable environment), that he has supernatual powers.  Nobody has claimed that reward for a reason. 

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2006, 06:40:22 pm »
J'aime les petits garcons.

Unless we meet him and see proof with our own eyes, I don't think there is any definite answer. Our answer ties directly into our belief(or not) in God and his supernatural cool ways.

J'aime tuer et manger les enfants innocents. Je les leurre secretement dans ma taniere et je dechire hors leurs intenstines tandis qu'ils sont vivants. Je cuis les restes de ma evisceration sanglante, et puis je bronze la carcasse de decomposition.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2006, 07:10:00 pm »
J'aime les petits garcons.

Unless we meet him and see proof with our own eyes, I don't think there is any definite answer. Our answer ties directly into our belief(or not) in God and his supernatural cool ways.

J'aime tuer et manger les enfants innocents. Je les leurre secretement dans ma taniere et je dechire hors leurs intenstines tandis qu'ils sont vivants. Je cuis les restes de ma evisceration sanglante, et puis je bronze la carcasse de decomposition.

So, the punchline is that when you speak or think in French you turn into a homosexual pedophile and cannibal?