Author Topic: New  (Read 9885 times)

Offline LivedKrad

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
New
« on: August 13, 2006, 09:09:26 am »
Hello there. Glad to see x86 is going strong. I can't guarantee I'll post too often on here, but we'll see what the day brings!

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: New
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 01:01:26 pm »
Nice to see you LK! I thought you died... :P
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline RoMi

• x86
  • gg no re
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 01:13:26 pm »
Whatever happened to LivedKradd?
-RoMi

Offline LivedKrad

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 11:39:33 pm »
No, Newby, I did not die. I've been involved with other things such as Major League Gaming and school. To answer the question above, that username was a replacement for this one because someone decided to be cute and make "LivedKrad".

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 11:53:45 pm »
What kind of team is MLG? Is it pro? Semi-pro? Casual?

Just wondering because the name sounds pro-ish.

Offline LivedKrad

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 11:15:00 am »
Major League Gaming (www.mlgpro.com) is a gaming tournament league designed with pro-circuit players in mind. Over $1,500,00 over a contractual period of three years has already been decided upon for some of the teams/players, and the prize purse easily tops $36,000 for regular season Halo 2 alone. The tournaments also include Super Smash Brothers at the same competitive level and similar prize offerings. The championship tournaments can top a prize purse of $198,000 for Halo 2 alone as well. The league itself has a solid community and has been growing since late 2003.

As a side note, the work I do with them is basically for the Video on Demand service. I work a support job for them and also help manage the community forums.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 02:54:17 pm »
Major League Gaming (www.mlgpro.com) is a gaming tournament league designed with pro-circuit players in mind. Over $1,500,00 over a contractual period of three years has already been decided upon for some of the teams/players, and the prize purse easily tops $36,000 for regular season Halo 2 alone.
Damn, I wish they had one for Goldeneye.  I kicked ass in that game.  NO ONE COULD STOP ME!

Incidentally, is that a mistype of $150,000 or $1,500,000?
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline LivedKrad

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 02:58:51 am »
It was a mistype of $1,500,000.

Haha, Goldeneye was definitely the shit. I can't remember the map name, but there was a stage with a bunch of green walls and ramps that had a ramp down into the entrance of the Jail level. That map was mine. Proximity mines and the AR33 assault rifle.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 12:58:24 pm »
It was a mistype of $1,500,000.

Haha, Goldeneye was definitely the shit. I can't remember the map name, but there was a stage with a bunch of green walls and ramps that had a ramp down into the entrance of the Jail level. That map was mine. Proximity mines and the AR33 assault rifle.
Library/Stack sucked. Complex was where it was at.

Anyways, no idea who you are, but nice to meet you.  We'll try not to chase you off; it seems to be the norm for newcomers these days. :(
errr... something like that...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 02:45:53 pm »
I was always a Bunker-man myself.  But yeah :)

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 03:32:46 pm »
Bunker was fun.  My friends and I made a gamemode where everyone tried to kill "The Old Wise Man", who was the first person outside.  Killing the "Old Wise Man" made you become him, and everyone tried to kill you!  Turn on Turbo Mode and License to Kill, and you're set!

Library is fun with proximity mines!  I owned the Basement -- hard.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 03:51:33 pm »
One of my friends always insisted on playing with Turbo Mode, which I hated.  Turbo Mode'd games come down to luck instead of skill, I found.  So I never really played with him. 

But License to Kill was almost necessary.  The health in that game kind of sucked.  I liked playing through the normal game on License to Kill mode -- play on 007 difficulty, set the enemies' reaction to max, accuracy to max, damage to max, and health to min.  I think I beat the first two levels like that. :)

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 06:20:30 pm »
Facility with proximity mines is fun because if you know where respawn points are, it's a race to put mines in all of them, then kill your opponent once.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2006, 07:39:46 pm »
Facility with proximity mines is fun because if you know where respawn points are, it's a race to put mines in all of them, then kill your opponent once.
Haha, that's what we did in the Bunker.  We also played defend-the-big-room games with proxy mines in the bunker.  That was fun. 

My favorite Goldeneye memory is when we had 4 good players, and we set up a divider so we could only see 2 of the screens.  Then we played 2v2 games, so we could only see our partner.  That was fun times. 

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 07:57:19 pm »
Haha, that's what we did in the Bunker.  We also played defend-the-big-room games with proxy mines in the bunker.  That was fun. 

My favorite Goldeneye memory is when we had 4 good players, and we set up a divider so we could only see 2 of the screens.  Then we played 2v2 games, so we could only see our partner.  That was fun times. 

What was really cool in Bunker was that you could lob a mine onto the glass in the main area and then shoot the glass, rendering the mine invisible (sometimes it would just be hanging in the air).  You could also do this (everywhere) by lobbing a mine onto an ammo box or armor and then picking it up.  The mine would still be there (great for proximities) but not visible.  Sometimes it would reappear when the ammo crate reappeared, but more often than not, it wouldn't.  (Very ironic when dropping the mine on a box of mines.  Very annoying when someone tries to pick up armor only to find that it not only blows up on him, but also trashes the armor).

My favorite maps in that game were Facility, Complex, and Bunker.  I only ever played with Turbo Mode on - incidentally, I think it really helped improve my reflexes.  Consequently, though, I hate playing some multiplayer FPSes (like Halo 2) because I always feel super-slow.

Perfect Dark faithfully recreated those Complex and Facility - and Temple.  I loved sniping with the Farsight in "Felicity" (PD's Facility re-creation).
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.