Author Topic: Some downtime!  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Some downtime!
« on: August 23, 2006, 10:09:50 am »
I apologize for Scienza's downtime to day.. wait.. I don't host anything.

Basically, as many of you know, I had my computer outputting into the auxilary on my stereio. As all good things must come to an end, my amplifier has simply died of old age. Not really died, but it's like when cat's get old and start to poo all over the house, so you still have to get rid of them. It started having some crazy echo, so eh. Anyhow, it's been replaced by a nice pair of harmom/kardon speakers. They don't project quite as well, but they'll work for now.

In the meantime, I also messed around with where some things are plugged in. I unplugged a reading lamp I never use, a desk lamp I never use, and an alarm clock I never use, two of which were using a power strip that's now freed. Also, I found out why whenever I push off the wall to move my chair back my computer has a nasty chance of dong a hard shutdown -- the bottom outet on the power thingy under my desk is *very* flaky. I only have two cords plugged in (my monitor, and a power strip that powers the reading lamp I do use, my printer, and my box itself) but I have to use a power strip because I can't plug anything in the bottom. Boo! Also, I freed another power strip (technically, a "Curtis Command Center") that was sitting under my monitor (like an iDock or something like that) so it's down lower and I look nearly straight at it now. It gives this the whole new computer feel, which is cool, because I don't have to configure my software/OS the way I want (again)!

All in all, fun. Waste of an hour when I could have just plugged in new speakers, but fun.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.