Author Topic: Darkxire?  (Read 13094 times)

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
Re: Darkxire?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2006, 03:04:03 pm »
Pointless, IMO.

Name one serious end-game guild with a bunch of level23s running around.
So, you guys are a serious end-game guild? O.o If you were to do that, it would be anything not 60 that would belong in there.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2006, 08:53:42 pm »
Pointless, IMO.

Name one serious end-game guild with a bunch of level23s running around.
So, you guys are a serious end-game guild? O.o If you were to do that, it would be anything not 60 that would belong in there.

We're getting there, everything takes time.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2006, 10:52:26 pm »
That takes 40 dedicated 60s :P

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2006, 01:12:02 pm »

That's included with time. ;)

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2006, 02:07:09 pm »

Time? How many 60s are there in your guild? Even then, waiting for enough to hit 60 and getting 60s will take a long time. After that, they have to be ready to raid! Getting 40 of them to show up at once will be a pain, and then getting them to do what you say will be even more trouble. Good luck becoming a serious raiding guild :P

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2006, 02:30:04 pm »

Time? How many 60s are there in your guild? Even then, waiting for enough to hit 60 and getting 60s will take a long time. After that, they have to be ready to raid! Getting 40 of them to show up at once will be a pain, and then getting them to do what you say will be even more trouble. Good luck becoming a serious raiding guild :P

You could always server trasnfer and help us out =)
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2006, 02:38:22 pm »

You have to start somewhere.

Don't be so pessimistic.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2006, 02:49:17 pm »
I still think it's a stupid idea.  Especially seeing as we only have like 20 people in the 50+ range.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2006, 02:50:43 pm »
Haha, probably... oh well.  It would be nice to get away from noobs, at least.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2006, 03:07:12 pm »
It takes more then 40 dedicated 60s, not everyone can make every raid forever.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2006, 03:45:56 pm »

Don't be so pessimistic.
You cant start a raiding guild down there. You have to start it as a raiding guild, not a normal guild. Starting where you guys are at is different, you will have to create a new guild for the 60s, not for the lower levels. There, I just figured it out. Make a clan for the 60s of the guild who want to raid!

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2006, 09:15:22 am »

Don't be so pessimistic.

Whats the difference.. It's the same idea. Both are secluding the end-game from the other guys. I'd just rather keep us in darkwire, seeing as thats how it started. Personally, I don't care wether you think it's possible or not.
You cant start a raiding guild down there. You have to start it as a raiding guild, not a normal guild. Starting where you guys are at is different, you will have to create a new guild for the 60s, not for the lower levels. There, I just figured it out. Make a clan for the 60s of the guild who want to raid!
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2006, 02:22:53 pm »
As I don't play any longer (account runs out the 26th), I don't feel I have much of a say in what happens, but here goes.  I don't think it's right for us to up and suddenly abandon the lower levels.  You might consider them noobs, unworthy of any attention from the higher levels whatsoever, but what is the point of a guild?  In my opinion, a guild in any mmo is there to help each other. 

I don't think anything good can come from casting the lower levels out of the main guild.  Many people join guilds for friends, and if those friends are willing to kick them out of the main guild because of a level, what does that friendship mean?  I can remember in Star Wars: Galaxies when my guild started a guild war with another guild, we took the crafters out of the guild so they wouldn't get hurt.  Even though we explained why, many of them didn't come back to the guild when the war was over. Will those low level members even want to stay in the guild after we betray their trust once?
errr... something like that...

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2006, 03:04:17 pm »
As I don't play any longer (account runs out the 26th), I don't feel I have much of a say in what happens, but here goes.  I don't think it's right for us to up and suddenly abandon the lower levels.  You might consider them noobs, unworthy of any attention from the higher levels whatsoever, but what is the point of a guild?  In my opinion, a guild in any mmo is there to help each other. 

I don't think anything good can come from casting the lower levels out of the main guild.  Many people join guilds for friends, and if those friends are willing to kick them out of the main guild because of a level, what does that friendship mean?  I can remember in Star Wars: Galaxies when my guild started a guild war with another guild, we took the crafters out of the guild so they wouldn't get hurt.  Even though we explained why, many of them didn't come back to the guild when the war was over. Will those low level members even want to stay in the guild after we betray their trust once?

Right on the dot, that's one of my concerns also.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline TeHFoOoL

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2006, 01:39:10 am »
It takes more then 40 dedicated 60s, not everyone can make every raid forever.

G'damn, that's what Sidoh is saying. It takes time. You have to establish your guild a name, usually through your members becoming usuals in the popular pugs, recruit some.. No shit it's going to take a lot of time. No guilds are just born ready to raid.. Even if you took the top of every guild and put them together, it would take more time to get them all on the same level of strategy.

WoW is a very time-consuming thing.. So don't just plan on being an independent guild.

..What DDrake said. If someone is that 'noobish' where it's at the point where you want to reform your guild to get away from him/her, tell that person to check back with the guild once they've come to an understanding of the game and remove them. I've been in a guild where they allow virtually anyone into the guild, and there's a lot of fucktards that just end up getting ignored or universally-hated.. but rarely kicked. Such cases of passive administration don't usually end up well; Sidoh and I were both in TBM, and there was more than enough drauma because of all the hostilities in the guild that could've been avoided with a denial to join the guild in the first place.. ( IN MY OPINION! )

Can't fool a FoOoL