Author Topic: Feedback  (Read 2768 times)

Offline Ender

• View Profile
Feedback
« on: November 10, 2006, 04:05:52 pm »
I would like to have feedback on what you all would like to see in this board. One of my ideas is to go through a curriculum of math. You see, there are three things I don't like about math in school. First of all, it presents an exclusive approach to learning. Second of all, it is limited to rigid, standard, and preconceived curricula. Third of all, it has too many excercises and too few problems. I do, however, love all my math classes. Nothing's perfect =P

My thoughts are to have lessons, excercises, and problems. The difference between excercises and problems is that excercises reinforce lessons, whereas problems probe for old ideas and new ideas from your head.

An example excercise is, after a lesson on the unit circle:
What is sin 60?

An example problem is, after a lesson on the unit circle:
How can you apply the pythagorean theorem to trigonometry? Think of the unit circle. Then start to formulate trigonometric identities.

And now, about lessons. They would be succinct, to the point, open for questions, and probably weekly.

I think covering school curriculum would be a good idea, so that people can see immediate results. It would, however, go above and beyond school curriculum; it would go more in depth in each topic.

And of course, in addition to the curriculum, it would also be a Q&A forum.

---------------

This is only an idea, not a blueprint. What do you think of it? Or do you only want it to be for problems, questions, and answers?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 04:14:43 pm by Ender »

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 04:22:32 pm »
I like the idea of lessons. The only problem is what exactly to cover...
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
Re: Feedback
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 05:08:38 pm »
Damn't!  You had my hopes up when I read this thread's title (Feedback is an ability in DotA).

Therefore my feedback is this forum needs more talk about the DotA kind of Feedback.