Author Topic: Painting my Computer Case  (Read 2930 times)

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
Painting my Computer Case
« on: January 17, 2007, 09:21:16 pm »
Ok I want to paint my PC case and I want to know if there is something special I need to do before I get the paint and paint it.
I need to know:
1) What type of paint I use
2) Preparations I need to do before painting
3) all that type of stuff

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
Re: Painting my Computer Case
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 09:41:04 pm »
I would probably use a nice copper coating. Everywhere, inside, outside, you know, to make it shine. And probably give it a once over with some water or whatnot.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 09:52:57 pm »
I would probably use a nice copper coating. Everywhere, inside, outside, you know, to make it shine. And probably give it a once over with some water or whatnot.
Hahaa!!

I'm no expert, but I'd suggest taking appart the case as much as possible, and spraying everything individually. If you can't get it all off get some butcher paper and tape it over the back (USB ports, etc.) and also cover any fan ports, and air vents. Also, cover the disk drives, and other orfaces.

I'd also suggest not doing it. :p

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 09:24:44 am »
Hahaa!!

I'm no expert, but I'd suggest taking appart the case as much as possible, and spraying everything individually. If you can't get it all off get some butcher paper and tape it over the back (USB ports, etc.) and also cover any fan ports, and air vents. Also, cover the disk drives, and other orfaces.

I'd also suggest not doing it. :p

I plan to strip it to the case and then painting it. I already customized my fan intake on the side and now i want to paint it or buy a new case but a new case would cost about $100 and I am mostly broke after buying an Ipod.

Offline RoMi

• x86
  • gg no re
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 11:06:11 am »
I actually can speak from experience here.  I painted my server way back from white to black.  You just have to make sure your using paint that can adhere to metal/plastic (whichever apply).  I'd suggest using some sand paper to rough up the surface so the paint will stick better.  Thats about it, you might also need to seal it, but I didn't because I'm lazy.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 04:01:25 pm by RoMi »
-RoMi

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 02:02:50 pm »
And to be more clear about the sand paper, don't sand over sand it, just a bit. You probably don't want some really heavy grain, either. I'd guess that some 700 grit would be good.
Hitmen: art is gay