Author Topic: The three Heavens?  (Read 4012 times)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
The three Heavens?
« on: January 30, 2007, 11:48:19 pm »
This has been confusing me for a while.. the bible makes some references to "the third Heaven", but what is that?

My only thought as to what it could be is the actual third (as in, chronological) Heaven -- the first being the Garden of Eden, the second being the one right now, and the third is the one described in "The New Heaven and The New Earth", the section of Revelation.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
Re: The three Heavens?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 12:40:43 am »
Uh.. references? I'd like to see a reliable version of the bible that states "third Heaven", please.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 12:53:53 am »
Never heard of anything close to it.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 07:22:42 am »
IIRC heaven is like hell in that there are different levels.  It's something like
Level 3: God
Level 2: Angels
Level 1: Humans & whatever (pet goldfish?)

Offline kalaka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 09:46:34 pm »
IIRC heaven is like hell in that there are different levels.  It's something like
Level 3: God
Level 2: Angels
Level 1: Humans & whatever (pet goldfish?)
No, its all the same place, there's just a hierarchy. Its something like:
God, Seraphims, Cherubims, Thrones, Dominions, Virtues, Powers, Principalities, Archangels,  Angels.

I found some references to the third heaven, this seems to sum it up pretty well. If you're too lazy too read that, here's a simple, short explanation:
The third heaven: A Jewish expression for that heaven which was beyond (1) the air, and (2) beyond the sun and stars; the secret place of the Almighty.
They mostly reference 2 Corinthians 12:2.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 09:58:37 pm by kalaka »

Offline Eric

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 09:53:25 pm »

Offline cheeseisfun

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 06:42:10 pm »
In my belief, there is only a slight possibility that one could make it to heaven. And technically, they are not heavens at all, we would just think they are because we are not used to it. Such a place is the "Mental plane of existence," which exists in the upper levels of the Astral Plane. Only people who can achieve the frequency of vibration that those planes are at can achieve that level of awareness. Of course, this is not religion that I'm talking about, it's purely spirituality.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 06:58:12 pm »
In my belief, there is only a slight possibility that one could make it to heaven. And technically, they are not heavens at all, we would just think they are because we are not used to it. Such a place is the "Mental plane of existence," which exists in the upper levels of the Astral Plane. Only people who can achieve the frequency of vibration that those planes are at can achieve that level of awareness. Of course, this is not religion that I'm talking about, it's purely spirituality.

Haha, that sounds like what a hippie would say.

Offline cheeseisfun

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 08:44:55 pm »

Haha, that sounds like what a hippie would say.

Nah, hippies wouldn't say that =P. www.astralsociety.com for more information.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 08:55:21 pm »
That site is a tie-dyed pattern and a few pairs of circular glasses short of being a hippie itself.