Author Topic: Facebook allows user-created applications  (Read 3648 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Facebook allows user-created applications
« on: May 24, 2007, 06:44:57 pm »
http://money.cnn.com/2007/05/24/technology/fastforward_facebook.fortune/index.htm?postversion=2007052417

From what the article says, it will allow you to create things in the Facebook markup language and put it on your page and let others use it as well.

The part that makes me wonder is the availability of the ENTIRE USER BASE!  Mega Spam?...probably

trust

Re: Facebook allows user-created applications
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 08:46:36 pm »
gay. Facebook = Myspace++

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 04:51:54 pm »
Outsiders can now develop Internet services on Facebook's infrastructure, he explains, that will have full access to all its members.

As long as this doesn't mean they also have access to all our information.  I don't mind people having access to what my privacy settings allow them to.  But if through this framework it allows outsiders to access i.e. my cell phone # when they're not my friend or know my full birthdate which I've set to only show the month and day... I'm going to be pissed.

Also, as long as Facebook doesn't turn into a bot filled cesspool where I get sent messages from <Insert slutty name> wanting me to check out her profile which blatantly advertises her webcam... penis enlargement... etc.

Otherwise I couldn't care less about this.  Facebook is very well designed and programmed.  Not the buggy and slow myspace.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 04:58:16 pm by Michael »
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

trust

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 05:59:38 pm »
I take back what I said, some of these apps are pretty cool. It definitely makes Facebook more MySpace like but it's a cleaner implementation.