Author Topic: Starting WoW...  (Read 12401 times)

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
Re: Starting WoW...
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2007, 03:14:09 pm »
I love playing on the PvP servers.  I don't ever attack first, but I do kill them or atleast try and kill them if they attack me.  I rather enjoy going around and scaring lower level horde and following them around.  If they draw too many NPC's I usually kill the NPC's for them or I just help them out in general because I am bored.  I have only had one horde help me out, and that was after killing me 3 times.  After that he followed me around and told other horde to leave me alone and he killed NPC's for me.  It was rather fun.

And if you aren't on a PvP server, can you not raid then?  Because raiding is sooooooooo much fun!
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2007, 03:29:32 pm »
I like ganking because when motherfuckers be stealin' my motherfuckin' creeps for a quest, they get motherfuckin' blasted.

Oh, and I gets my motherfuckin' creeps.

Warlocks LOL

My warlock has never lost to a druid LOL!
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2007, 03:34:06 pm »
I love playing on the PvP servers.  I don't ever attack first, but I do kill them or atleast try and kill them if they attack me.  I rather enjoy going around and scaring lower level horde and following them around.  If they draw too many NPC's I usually kill the NPC's for them or I just help them out in general because I am bored.  I have only had one horde help me out, and that was after killing me 3 times.  After that he followed me around and told other horde to leave me alone and he killed NPC's for me.  It was rather fun.

And if you aren't on a PvP server, can you not raid then?  Because raiding is sooooooooo much fun!

Okay?  I'm not really sure what you're trying to say there.

Of course you can raid on PvE servers...

My warlock has never lost to a druid LOL!

1 on 1 pvp doesn't really say much about the viability of a class.  Given a party composed of classes that aren't warlocks or druids, I'd take a druid over a warlock any day.  I'm really sure my level 32 druid can crit for more than a comparative warlock (meaning not really good gear).  I had a crit on a caster for 600 last night.

Offline wires

• Pwnage
  • x86
  • cocaine is fun!
    • View Profile
    • Weapon Of Mass Destruction
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2007, 04:33:45 pm »
I like ganking because when motherfuckers be stealin' my motherfuckin' creeps for a quest, they get motherfuckin' blasted.

Oh, and I gets my motherfuckin' creeps.
That's what I'm saying! *cough* Elemental Plateau

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2007, 04:50:30 pm »

Okay?  I'm not really sure what you're trying to say there.

Of course you can raid on PvE servers...
Sorry if it was confusing?  I was just saying what type of server I like to play on.  I don't see how what I said could come across as confusing, but then again I was the one who wrote it so it made sense to me.

On a PvE server, would the raid be the same though?  Since you can't attack the horde just out of nowhere then aren't you just fighting the NPCs?  I'm asking because I honestly don't know.  If you can only attack NPC's in a raid, then that's boring IMO.
And all winds that liven

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2007, 01:07:12 pm »
i think you'll be flagged at pvp if you attack an npc. so then everyone can attack you.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2007, 01:14:47 pm »
i think you'll be flagged at pvp if you attack an npc. so then everyone can attack you.
Oh, that would make sense. 
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2007, 01:43:39 pm »

That is correct.  Plus, you can manually flag yourself (/pvp).  My friend and I had our PvP flags up last night while we were questing in Hellfire Peninsula and we had 5 PvP encounters, which is pretty good considering we didn't see many more Horde players than that.  Also, if you enter an enemy capital, your PvP flag will automatically be activated.

Offline skip

• mmk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2007, 03:17:41 pm »
I'm playing on Maelstrom as a Human Paladin (Holy spec)!

I played for about 5 hours straight Sunday and 6 hours straight Monday. I just got home from school and I plan on playing 'til 11ish. :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2007, 04:30:03 pm »
Holy?  Pah! :P

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2007, 05:48:16 pm »
Ah, I hope you know you're about finished when you get to level 20 on demo.

Hit me up, I'll get you on Hdx's server.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2007, 06:42:46 pm »
Ah, I hope you know you're about finished when you get to level 20 on demo.

Hit me up, I'll get you on Hdx's server.

Yeah if you want to level alone and play the game all over agian with a tool GM.

"This is not one of those l33t servers"
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2007, 07:10:53 pm »
Don't worry, I'll be setting up a server (with the latest patch and black temple) pretty soon and getting someone to host it while I remain in full power.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2007, 11:14:02 pm »
Don't worry, I'll be setting up a server (with the latest patch and black temple) pretty soon and getting someone to host it while I remain in full power.
When someone hosts a server can they level people up and give them all the gold they want?  Or is it more like how regular WoW is?
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2007, 11:26:49 pm »
 You can do anything.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling