Author Topic: I should probably introduce myself.  (Read 7637 times)

Offline LordVader

• Knowledge is power.
    • View Profile
    • James Moss on the web!
I should probably introduce myself.
« on: May 29, 2007, 12:11:39 pm »
Suppose I should post an introduction as im frequenting the boards lately.

My name is James, I've gone by the nicks Vader/LordVader for years on useast.battle.net 1998 to now.
Tho I lost the Vader accound about 2 years ago during a long break from bnet.
My background on bnet is mostly gaming d1/sc/bw/wc2/d2 and clans like DoC/C$/7D$ etc..
and still to this day consider myself ~tBD/DBD, alot of friends along the way =)

Anyway that all lead me into learning html/javascript/perl/php, my strengths being xhtml/css/php mostly.
In turn everything has lead me to being interested in more advanced languages for win32/other like C++ etc..
I have no formal education other than highschool etc.
Only minor background in ancient (mid 1980's) experience with dos programming displaying text on screen and basic user input and such from highschool days.
So things like asm and ansi vs unicode etc, things like that are still a bit confusing at times but i'm grasping it better now.
To sum all that up I learned quickly how to teach myself things online via google and other search engines in a hurry.

Anyway, I've been using javaop2 for a while and other bots of course.
Also I am familar with the vl boards as I post there in the c++/php boards some.
Lately due to iago passing the JavaOp2 torch onto other's, i've been posting more trying to help and get help where I can in regards to JavaOp2.
Which is why i've been around.

Generally finding the userbase of both x86 members and non membmers alot more welcoming and easier to deal with than in most other places..
Which in comparison to say the vL boards in the quality of users in general on the board overall.
The lack of or lower amount "first time programmers/users" attempting to get help/do things that are "WAY" beyond what they have ever done before,and not doing any research other then to say HELP ME OMFG.
Probably has alot to do with that ^ more, and doesn't directly reflect on the clans as both are compitent obviously.. to me anyway.

Currently I mostly play guildwars, and sometimes hop on d2, and am looking for a descent new game to play online when im not other wise busy..
Anything but wow, or any pay to play game as I try to keep the wow'crackfiend inside of me at bay at all costs.

Anyway, sup hi's and all that i'll shutup now, peace and such!
- James

PS:
Any interested folks can check www.irconcepts.net, as that's where I mostly work on or post things that i'm working on for the web or other wise doing at any given time.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 12:28:14 pm by LordVader »

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
Re: I should probably introduce myself.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 12:19:43 pm »
Welcome.

I suggest letting the "crackfiend" out and give him what he wants, which in all cases is levelnig to 70 and doing End game raids.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline LordVader

• Knowledge is power.
    • View Profile
    • James Moss on the web!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 12:36:33 pm »
Heh, yah I played wow for about 2 weeks but realised fast how it turns other wise good friends into "thoughtless crackfiends" specially in a "clan/guild" etc.. same as on bnet or anywhere else often.

In less than a Month I saw alot of general bs/bickering due to different groups of people from different places merging into the "whole" and struggling for their own identies, and power or whatever.. and not much later a splinter in clans userbase I was in and an attempted purging/takeover etc.
Which is just not my thing I prefer to be on my own or surrounded with people who don't have to be babysat once you help get them on their feet and such, which I needed help with alot in the beginning also and didn't get much of but that's a whole nother topic of what I expect of long time friends, and of how wow's setup tends to isolate lower levels from higher levels in general.

And generally I don't do pay to play for anything online, outside of purchasing goods/media etc..
The only way I would consider any pay to play game is if I had a bot running macro's on a spare pc to collect loot/gold to be sold to completely cover the cost of playing which isn't out of the question but I don't have the time for that atm heh.

Hell Selling items on Diablo II classic has fully funded a paid host for my website, paid for a new computer and alot of upgrades, software and other stuff over the past few years.
To give  you an idea of how I approach things heh.
I don't spend out of pocket for things online if I can at all help it ever, never have or will.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 01:17:57 pm by LordVader »

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 01:13:42 pm »
Welcome to the forums!  I hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 01:16:50 pm »
if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.
See, it's things like that that make me hate people. I don't want to hear any stupid questions!

(just kidding :) )

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 01:21:08 pm »
if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.
See, it's things like that that make me hate people. I don't want to hear any stupid questions!

(just kidding :) )
Yeah, you better be kidding!  I have asked you so many stupid questions and you don't hate me!  I am pretty sure I am your best friend now because of it!! :P Lol. (JK about the Best friend part).
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline LordVader

• Knowledge is power.
    • View Profile
    • James Moss on the web!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 01:26:07 pm »
@Antivirus:
Thx, Thx, and lol

@iago:
funny, but I totally understand where that comes from heh.

Joe asked me the other night when I was asking him about something how it feels to be asking someone so young questions and things in regards to code etc.
I was like hell it's refreshing to actually be doing the asking for a change, usually it's the other way around often.
Not to mention asking someone who is willing to put in the time to help.
So many are to frustereated or arrogant/jaded, that they completely expect and assume stupidity from people they barely know to even give them the time of day long enuff to give them a chance.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 01:33:35 am by LordVader »

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 12:05:20 am »
Welcome!

Yeah. Let the crackfiend out for a few months. It'll seriously be worth the 10 days+ you spend playing. Although all your life will be waiting for you after your wonderful journey ends. In my case, that was bad. :p

I'm James too!
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 12:34:15 am »
Hey, I'm Deuce and I love you. My name is James as well, so I hope we can be close friends. Or closer.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline LordVader

• Knowledge is power.
    • View Profile
    • James Moss on the web!
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 01:35:34 am »
@Newby:
Thx

Hey, I'm Deuce and I love you. My name is James as well, so I hope we can be close friends. Or closer.
Huk, thx I think.

Alot of James' here heh.

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 11:58:07 am »
Welcome! ;D

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 09:14:25 pm »
Deuce's real name is Toby.
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 09:29:37 pm »
No...it's Kunta...Kinte...
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 11:52:25 am »

Because your x86's local bitch.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 12:44:54 am »

Because your x86's local bitch.

I always thought that was joe... *looks confused* ????
- Newby