Author Topic: Problems with WoW  (Read 1948 times)

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
Problems with WoW
« on: May 31, 2007, 12:46:26 am »
Damnit this is rather annoying.  I'm trying to play WoW, but every time I freaking log into the server with one of my characters everyone but the NPC's are "Unknown" and naked and then about 15 seconds later I disconnect.  Sometimes only my backpack will appear and all the items in it are ?.

I have read so many topics about this and like everyone else that has this problem, none of them are helpful!  I don't have the checksum offload setting (atleast that I could find), but I do have the duplex setting which I set to the 100 Full Duplex with nothing to show for it.  Nothing seems to work and it's rather annoying.  Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem?  I am connecting using a 2Wire 1701HG router and I already portforwarded.  I am wirelessly connected and I can't connect using an ethernet cord very well because the modem/router is in my parents office room which is connected directly to their room.

Any ideas?

P.S.
When I used to be able to connect to my Linksys router I had no problems with any of the games I played, including WoW... but for some reason my Linksys router is "shot" and will not allow any computer to connect to it wirelessly, but will allow direct connections. *sigh*  Technology hates me.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with WoW
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 06:28:03 am »
Wireless sucks.

:(

I get the "Unknown" over everyones name every once in awhile, but it usually just means I'm lagging like crazy.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.