Author Topic: Recently just got back into raiding  (Read 16936 times)

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
Re: Recently just got back into raiding
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2007, 02:47:10 am »
Oh. I misread this for reading. My hopes soared! and then plunged.

You're looking for reading, but you misread and cannot read it would seem. You should instead look for tutoring.

LOL.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2007, 03:01:58 am »
That's the irony I was commenting on. :]

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2007, 02:30:55 pm »
yeh :p
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2007, 07:21:13 pm »
So I was messing around with a premade on the test realm last night, in a raid with like 35 people and we got totally owned by doom lord kazzak. Later I was with a different group and we downed gruul easy. Having the best gear in the game can't even come close to making up for organization and the lack of skill of most people :||
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2007, 02:00:42 am »
Well, when you think of the fact that a tier item gives you what.. like 400 more HP, maybe allows you to do 30 more DPS, or heal for like 100 more HP.. i mean, wtf - at that level better gear doesn't have an insane impact. There is a difference though between generic level 70 gear, from Karazhan, and gear required for Black Temple, though, im sure. But skill of players can make up for lack of gear. I'm horribly geared, but I'm one of the best healers in our guild, and I have played for like 1/4th of the time these dudes have.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2007, 09:34:55 am »
So I was messing around with a premade on the test realm last night, in a raid with like 35 people and we got totally owned by doom lord kazzak. Later I was with a different group and we downed gruul easy. Having the best gear in the game can't even come close to making up for organization and the lack of skill of most people :||

I've been playing on the PTRs too.  I rolled a Dranei Shaman ( spec'd elemental ) and I've come to realize that I'm in love.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2007, 02:22:46 pm »
I've been playing on the PTRs too.  I rolled a Dranei Shaman ( spec'd elemental ) and I've come to realize that I'm in love.

You should try Enhancement too.  I owned a 70 Warlock last night who had way better gear than me several times.  Windfury procs for 1200 with a pretty shitty weapon (green 1H mace, 59 dps).

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2007, 03:11:35 pm »
Would I be able to play a private test realm even though my account is "frozen" for regular WoW?  I don't want to buy 2 months until I move back into my dorm since my router at my house doesn't allow me to play.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2007, 03:37:12 pm »
Would I be able to play a private test realm even though my account is "frozen" for regular WoW?  I don't want to buy 2 months until I move back into my dorm since my router at my house doesn't allow me to play.

No, I'm pretty sure you can't.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2007, 06:10:35 pm »
I copied a bunch of premades of characters I want to play. One was a shaman too, since I made one on newby's server a while ago and it's ~30. I went enhancement and it's awesome. I also copied a mage, a warrior, and a priest, but I haven't played any of those as much. I really like the shaman.

Lots of people (usually blizzard suckups on the WoW forum) say you shouldn't use the test realms as a playground.... but the fact that I was having fun with those characters at a high level means their going to keep getting my money, so I doubt they care. Plus, everyone else does :)

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2007, 09:31:28 pm »
do these test servers require you to modify you wow installation a ton? i was reading one that required like two installs of wow, and stuff. id like to run around at a level 70 something, with full tier 6 gear.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2007, 10:11:15 pm »
do these test servers require you to modify you wow installation a ton? i was reading one that required like two installs of wow, and stuff. id like to run around at a level 70 something, with full tier 6 gear.

The last (and only) time I did it, you downloaded an installer which set it up for you.  You launch a different executable located in a subdirectory in the WoW install directory, IIRC.  It's all pretty easy to do and you don't have to change anything once PTRs close.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2007, 10:13:02 pm »
You launch a different executable located in a subdirectory in the WoW install directory, IIRC.
If you use the launcher there is a "public test" button along the buttom you click instead of the big play button. But yeah, it's nice and easy to set up.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2007, 10:17:50 pm »
If you use the launcher there is a "public test" button along the buttom you click instead of the big play button. But yeah, it's nice and easy to set up.

Ah, okay.  That's pretty cool.  I don't think the launcher existed when I was doing it, lol. 

I disabled the thing because it annoyed me... although seeing recent Blizzard news is sometimes cool, as long as it isn't boring crap like the comics.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2007, 04:24:05 am »
3k+ chain lightning crits and 2k+ shock crits are nice  :-*
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.