Announcements > [x86] Announcements

Downtime tonight

<< < (2/4) > >>

Sidoh:

--- Quote from: iago on October 11, 2010, 10:59:06 am ---So, I enabled some extra security for the forum. I've been using it for most of my sites, but it typically caused slowdown so I avoided using it for the forum. I think this server is fast enough that it won't make a difference, and it didn't seem to hurt my response times, so I'm going to leave it on.

Let me know if you notice any non-network slowness (best way is to check the "Page created in..." time at the bottom).

--- End quote ---

what'd you do? >: (

PS: speed is fine.  better than it usually is.

You totally fucked up my signature, though.  THANKS A LOT!

Blaze:

--- Quote from: Sidoh on October 11, 2010, 03:03:16 pm ---You totally fucked up my signature, though.  THANKS A LOT!

--- End quote ---

YEAH, YOU JERK!

deadly7:
I used this important event to re-add my old avatar.

iago:

--- Quote from: Sidoh on October 11, 2010, 03:03:16 pm ---what'd you do? >: (

--- End quote ---
In terms of security features, I enabled suPHP. It basically runs PHP through CGI, and runs the scripts as the other rather than as the apache user. So if somebody compromises one site, they don't automatically get access to others.

--- Quote from: Sidoh on October 11, 2010, 03:03:16 pm ---You totally fucked up my signature, though.  THANKS A LOT!

--- End quote ---
Hmm, that's interesting considering I didn't modify SMF at all. It must be Apache or MySQL doing something different. Is that a unicode/utf8 problem?

Blaze:

--- Quote from: iago on October 11, 2010, 06:15:32 pm ---
--- Quote from: Sidoh on October 11, 2010, 03:03:16 pm ---what'd you do? >: (

--- End quote ---
In terms of security features, I enabled suPHP. It basically runs PHP through CGI, and runs the scripts as the other rather than as the apache user. So if somebody compromises one site, they don't automatically get access to others.

--- End quote ---
Hmm, that's interesting considering I didn't modify SMF at all. It must be Apache or MySQL doing something different. Is that a unicode/utf8 problem?

--- End quote ---

Are you using the same character set as before?  That's my guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version