Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762051 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #2670 on: September 30, 2007, 02:22:59 pm »
Way to be a gentleman.

In this case I agree with you, I feel like a complete prick. I should have at least hooked up with her before kicking her out.  ;)
::) ;D

So last night went to the football game.  Tail gatin about 315pm, kick off was 6.  Beverly Mitchell didn't play/show up so that was sad.  Went into the game in a "good place" (almost buzzed).  Left about half time.
Went over to Krystal's for a while and hung out, then went over to another buddy's for a while.  Krystal was rather tired and drunk by the end of the night, took her back and we hung out outside of her building a while.  Hopefully she calls me today, I hope?  It'd be rather nice.  :-\

trust

« Reply #2671 on: September 30, 2007, 05:15:35 pm »
Tailgating for 2 hours and 45 minutes and not even buzzed? You definitely don't 'gate hard enough.

Edit: I tailgated too hard yesterday for my moms liking. I leave my parents to go to a fraternity tailgate (I say they can come, but they didn't) and come back at half time smelling of bourbon, then a little bit after halftime I guess I took my sister down there to get some food - and came back smelling of bourbon. She's like "We come here to see you and all you want to do is drink." (Likewise Friday night, tell them I'm tired and get back from dinner at around 10 and don't go to bed until 3:45 because I was up drinking.) She thinks I'm an alcoholic, but my parents did buy  me a case before they left and a 6 pack of Mike's so I'm confused...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 05:24:05 pm by Trust »

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: September 30, 2007, 05:31:24 pm »
::) drinking with your parents there?  Seriously?

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: September 30, 2007, 06:39:05 pm »

It's one of the ten gentlemanly virtues.. right next to raping random girls.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: September 30, 2007, 07:00:57 pm »
Tailgating for 2 hours and 45 minutes and not even buzzed? You definitely don't 'gate hard enough.

Edit: I tailgated too hard yesterday for my moms liking. I leave my parents to go to a fraternity tailgate (I say they can come, but they didn't) and come back at half time smelling of bourbon, then a little bit after halftime I guess I took my sister down there to get some food - and came back smelling of bourbon. She's like "We come here to see you and all you want to do is drink." (Likewise Friday night, tell them I'm tired and get back from dinner at around 10 and don't go to bed until 3:45 because I was up drinking.) She thinks I'm an alcoholic, but my parents did buy  me a case before they left and a 6 pack of Mike's so I'm confused...

Obviously, they want you to be responsible with your alcohol, and they didn't judge you as being that when they visited.

It's one of the ten gentlemanly virtues..

LOL.

BTW, Trust, if you view Robert E. Lee as the quintessential southern gentleman, then what would you have to say about the fact that he didn't drink? As in, he didn't even drink casually.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: September 30, 2007, 07:19:54 pm »

Obviously, they want you to be responsible with your alcohol, and they didn't judge you as being that when they visited.

It's one of the ten gentlemanly virtues..

LOL.

BTW, Trust, if you view Robert E. Lee as the quintessential southern gentleman, then what would you have to say about the fact that he didn't drink? As in, he didn't even drink casually.
Umm yeah! I have drank Tequila with my mom and beer with my dad, some parents are extremely tolerant but maybe too tolerant... Anyway I like a little tolerance.

Offline zorm

• View Profile
    • Zorm's Page
« Reply #2676 on: September 30, 2007, 07:32:18 pm »
Umm yeah! I have drank Tequila with my mom and beer with my dad, some parents are extremely tolerant but maybe too tolerant... Anyway I like a little tolerance.

Considering how fucked up you are, thats not helping his case.
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
- William of Ockham

trust

« Reply #2677 on: September 30, 2007, 09:01:15 pm »

My mom doesn't like it, but she drank in college and knows I'm going to. My dad said they know that I'm going to do it regardless of what they say and he said if he didn't buy it for me then someone else would have, which is true.

I don't really see what drinking has to do with gentlemanly conduct.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: September 30, 2007, 09:02:49 pm »

You really don't see a lot of things.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: September 30, 2007, 09:12:32 pm »
This forum is EXTREMELY hostel. Loving Mom and Dads work long, hard hours and are smart caring people, but their children are just fighting everything they have and take for granted. Alcohol is an extremely common drug and each family has their own moral and tolerant level. It doesn't make them bad parents, but believe it or not it isn't uncommon to find alcohol tolerance within family systems...But there is lines to draw of course, tolerance only goes so far. My family also does not buy alcohol in mass anymore, only when they want to consume it..This is so I don't drink any alcohol.

But in certain circumstances, within private parties where alcohol is consumed by minors...It's OK to have some alcohol.
How ever minors of all social standards drink alcohol at parties or where ever they get it.. So it doesn't matter. Saying I'm fucked up isn't the issue here, alcohol doesn't help ANY one, and I am not "fucked up" thanks, I am actually doing pretty well, and I party and have fun, I enjoy being 19 and young and mine as well live it up a bit before i'm old and useless.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 09:23:23 pm by GameSnake »

trust

« Reply #2680 on: September 30, 2007, 09:22:49 pm »

You really don't see a lot of things.

What are you talking about?

Drinking doesn't determine if one is a gentleman or not, and the majority of people drink. It's a process that goes back as far as civilization and once you're in college deadly I bet you'll drink as well. It's a social thing that is fun, as long as you do it responsibly and don't go overboard. Frankly though I could care less if you think I'm a gentleman or a low life drunk  ard or whatever else you intend to call me, you are a what, junior in HS or whatever and are however many miles away from me and posting on a messageboard that really means nothing. You've disliked me for a couple of years now and I have no intention or desire to change your mindset towards me. That goes for everyone here.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: September 30, 2007, 09:24:44 pm »
Yeah and I thought females were overly dramatic but you guys are rivaling them I gotta say.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2682 on: September 30, 2007, 09:35:35 pm »
Drinking doesn't determine if one is a gentleman or not, and the majority of people drink. It's a process that goes back as far as civilization and once you're in college deadly I bet you'll drink as well. It's a social thing that is fun, as long as you do it responsibly and don't go overboard. Frankly though I could care less if you think I'm a gentleman or a low life drunk  ard or whatever else you intend to call me, you are a what, junior in HS or whatever and are however many miles away from me and posting on a messageboard that really means nothing. You've disliked me for a couple of years now and I have no intention or desire to change your mindset towards me. That goes for everyone here.

This is my third semester and I still haven't drank.  Alcohol is totally unnecessary to have fun.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: September 30, 2007, 09:45:08 pm »

My mom doesn't like it, but she drank in college and knows I'm going to. My dad said they know that I'm going to do it regardless of what they say and he said if he didn't buy it for me then someone else would have, which is true.

So did my parents, that ain't mean I could opennly drink in front of 'em and all.
The first beer I had was just a small cup with my pops when I was like 4.  I had a few little cups back when, but from about 6-18 there was NO drinkin.  And even on my 21st when my sister got me a 5th of Jack (parents bought it) I felt odd.  Just aint seem too right.

trust

« Reply #2684 on: September 30, 2007, 10:29:16 pm »
I've only drank in front of my parents once, and it wasn't yesterday. It was over the summer. (I had one sip of my moms beer yesterday because it was Rolling Rock, which I've never had and wanted to try it. But that doesn't count.)

This is my third semester and I still haven't drank.  Alcohol is totally unnecessary to have fun.

That's cool and it's a personal decision. I just choose to go to parties on the weekend and alcohol is like peanut butter to jelly when it comes to parties, it's definitely an enhancer of fun. It also helps me talk to people easier and removes social inhibitions I have just talking or dancing with a random girl. I have a problem doing that even drunk too, for instance this morning with that girl...after all we had done 2 weeks ago all I did for the 30 or 45 minutes we were in my room was put my arm around her. I mean if she had stayed most likely it would have progressed, but after being THAT drunk you'd think I'd have kissed her before I even got back to my dorm.