Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762063 times)

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #4635 on: May 26, 2008, 01:22:14 pm »
Me eating/spilling beans I don't remember.  I woke up and my "clean shirt" that I had in my bag was some how covered in beans ???:
you look like a serious alcoholic/dope head in the picture lolol
Alcoholic.  Again, I hadn't eaten much of anything that day.  I got fuckin' toasted, I guess.  I've NEVER blacked out like that before, makes me worry a little.

They've shown with brain imaging scans that people who drink (on average) the equivalent amount of alcohol as about 3 glasses of beer a day, for several years, develop brain shrinkage, and have decreased scores on intelligence tests.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: May 26, 2008, 01:30:05 pm »
I want to go into politics.  From what you've posted I should only drink more.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #4637 on: May 26, 2008, 01:30:28 pm »
They've shown with brain imaging scans that people who drink (on average) the equivalent amount of alcohol as about 3 glasses of beer a day, for several years, develop brain shrinkage, and have decreased scores on intelligence tests.

[citation needed]

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: May 26, 2008, 01:39:35 pm »

I'll respond to this the same way I've felt about most of your recent posts: "?"

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #4639 on: May 26, 2008, 01:53:03 pm »

I'll respond to this the same way I've felt about most of your recent posts: "?"

I believe he's saying that a small brain is a prerequisite for a political career, in the US.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: May 26, 2008, 02:33:57 pm »

I believe he's saying that a small brain is a prerequisite for a political career, in the US.

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: May 26, 2008, 06:26:09 pm »
just got my car! Civic Coupe... cant wait to drive it ( havent got a chance cause its not insured yet)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: May 26, 2008, 06:32:31 pm »
just got my car! Civic Coupe... cant wait to drive it ( havent got a chance cause its not insured yet)
You only need insurance if you get caught, silly.

Offline skip

• mmk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: May 26, 2008, 06:47:49 pm »

That's huge, congrats!

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #4644 on: May 26, 2008, 06:52:43 pm »
Congratulations!  :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: May 26, 2008, 06:53:45 pm »

5 speed or automatic?
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: May 26, 2008, 06:58:02 pm »

5 speed or automatic?
5 speed its friggen sweet but just now kids up the street are playing waffle ball and i am checking the interior and BLAM the ball hits the side of my car. kids maybe 9 year old goes " oh my gosh!' and runs inside his house. lol anyways noting happed so its all good. and my dad is on the phone with insurance agent right now

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: May 26, 2008, 07:28:06 pm »
Curious, Michael: did you write that originally for school, another forum, or us?

It sounds like something out of an essay. :)
I wrote it just for you guys!  Just kidding.  It was written for my blog originally.  Then I just posted it everywhere I visit in their respective places, i.e. notes on Facebook, and threads like this.  lol.

How hard is it to be social? People are fun you know!
And no, being social with women isn't easy for introverts like myself :(

So today I leave for the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana. Yet, my mind is not necessarily on my summer research but mostly on how I can take advantage of the 10 weeks I will be in a place I’ve never been before, do not know anyone, and may never step foot in ever again afterwards. As a result, I’ve realized that this is a great opportunity for me to intentionally step out of my comfort zone and try to improve some of the things that I dislike about myself, fully knowing that I will likely fail miserably at first or make a complete fool of myself.

Why? Because as I enter my senior year I’m starting to feel like I’ve really done only the bare minimum to improve myself socially. Albeit, compared to how I was in High School I’ve definitely “blossomed” so my boss Kim would say. But I’m beginning to feel like it isn’t enough. In truth, I’ve only focused on improving my socials skills in areas that I felt were the most necessary to succeed- academics and the workplace/job. However, as I enter my last year of undergrad I’m starting to regret putting forth so much half-heartedness in improving myself socially overall, which has caused me to not be very socially well-rounded.

It’s ironic because I did have an opportunity two years ago that I could have taken advantage of but did not, where some of my friends and former roommates came up with the idea of getting me laid- they even created a Facebook group with the sole mission of turning me into a party animal, lol. This opportunity would have served as a good fake cover for me to take a few blows to my self esteem and learn to improve myself in one area where I am the most socially inept- the opposite sex :P.

In all honesty, my friends put forth a valiant effort and I appreciate the thought, but in my mind I never really took the whole thing seriously. I did what I always did up to that point in this area of my social life and gave a half-hearted effort. I wasn’t willing to step across the invisible line separating getting hurt and not getting hurt, as I tend to avoid taking unnecessary risks that may lead to rejection or failure.

Anyways, there is no better motivator than yourself. That's why I've decided to start with the basics and use some of the advice my friends have given me, i.e. smiling and saying hello to a random stranger at least once a day. I should stop worrying about failing and making a fool of myself, because hey, even though it ain’t Vegas- what happens in Indiana stays in Indiana right?
I agree, to a point. I force myself to be more social on a regular basis, although I do it for myself, not for others. Just be careful walking that line, that you're doing what you're doing for you, and nobody else. Don't do something you really don't want because others want you to, that's where problems start.

Exactly one of the reasons why my friends' mission failed.  Feeling pressure from someone other than myself makes me do things half-heartedly.  e.g. All the relationships I've been in have been half-hearted- I continued with them even though I was not interested in the person because I felt like I was being pressured by the person who introduced them to me.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 07:38:23 pm by Michael »
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #4648 on: May 26, 2008, 08:24:23 pm »
Exactly one of the reasons why my friends' mission failed.  Feeling pressure from someone other than myself makes me do things half-heartedly.  e.g. All the relationships I've been in have been half-hearted- I continued with them even though I was not interested in the person because I felt like I was being pressured by the person who introduced them to me.
Heh, I'm the same. When somebody tells me to do something, that often discourages me from doing it. "If you push, I'll pull". The difference is, I don't try to humour them at all. :)

trust

« Reply #4649 on: May 26, 2008, 10:17:57 pm »
And no, being social with women isn't easy for introverts like myself :(

No offense, but stop being a bitch. I'm pretty introverted, but that doesn't make being social with women that much harder. It's weirder to them if you act all weird around them, I mean just be friendly it's not like you're proposing to them. If they don't like you, fuck them. There's girls that think I'm a huge prick, but there's other girls who think I'm the sweetest person ever. Girls have led me on, girls have confused the hell out of me, and a few have flat out turned me down. But I've done all of those things to girls too, you just have to remember not to be their bitch and if you get turned down just keep on truckin'.

That's probably the most important thing I've learned in college. In highschool the girls I knew I had known since elementary or middle school, but in college there's always new girls to meet so if it doesn't work out with one then there are always more.