Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762015 times)

trust

Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #4905 on: June 15, 2008, 11:05:46 am »
Plead no contest?

My goal is so handle this outside of court, I don't want the recording of the stuff I said to be heard by anyone...I'm pretty sure I was a complete obnoxious and belligerent dick.

Not to be an asshole, but I really do hope this blemishes your record. It will serve to put things into perspective for you.

Well it might, because my parents said they aren't going to pay for my lawyer fees.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 11:09:18 am by Trust »

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: June 15, 2008, 11:40:03 am »
I hope it doesn't. Sure, what you did was REALLY stupid. But, shit like that happens. You want to be a real well off lawyer, so I really do hope this shit doesn't go on your record. I know I've done stupid shit that's not on my record, hope the same goes for you.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

trust

« Reply #4907 on: June 15, 2008, 11:53:27 am »
I hope it doesn't. Sure, what you did was REALLY stupid. But, shit like that happens. You want to be a real well off lawyer, so I really do hope this shit doesn't go on your record. I know I've done stupid shit that's not on my record, hope the same goes for you.

thanks. really this only happened because my friends were about to get into a fight and i stepped in to help, before that happened i was just having a good time.

Offline zorm

• View Profile
    • Zorm's Page
« Reply #4908 on: June 15, 2008, 01:06:06 pm »
No, it happened because you were doing something illegal and then you didn't have the common sense to keep your mouth shut when the officer was talking to you.

@iago: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2875434
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 01:08:09 pm by zorm »
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
- William of Ockham

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #4909 on: June 15, 2008, 01:34:28 pm »

trust

« Reply #4910 on: June 15, 2008, 09:54:33 pm »
this is being taken care of, more information to come.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: June 15, 2008, 11:27:45 pm »
<freak> LSAT tomorrow

I'm doing WAY more awesome on the puzzles and logic sections (my worst being the puzzles when I started) than when I started my studying a few weeks ago.
Test is at 1pm, they say be there by 1230, I plan to hit El Paso, TX before 1130 so I can make SURE I have time to find parking and walk(?) to the building that the test is being administered.
I've got my 1gal ziploc with bottle of water, admission ticket, map, 10 sharpened #2 pencils, 1 eraser, 1 analog watch.
It sucks that it's gonna be three weeks time before they release scores ... it's just a bubble-and-go test.  It should take about 48 hours, tops, for unofficial results.

p.s.  Nervous = butterflies = ugh = felling ill

</freak(?)>  Not so much, I'll </freak> tomorrow evening once this beast is out of my way.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: June 15, 2008, 11:41:56 pm »
<freak> LSAT tomorrow

I'm doing WAY more awesome on the puzzles and logic sections (my worst being the puzzles when I started) than when I started my studying a few weeks ago.
Test is at 1pm, they say be there by 1230, I plan to hit El Paso, TX before 1130 so I can make SURE I have time to find parking and walk(?) to the building that the test is being administered.
I've got my 1gal ziploc with bottle of water, admission ticket, map, 10 sharpened #2 pencils, 1 eraser, 1 analog watch.
It sucks that it's gonna be three weeks time before they release scores ... it's just a bubble-and-go test.  It should take about 48 hours, tops, for unofficial results.

</freak(?)>  Not so much, I'll </freak> tomorrow evening once this beast is out of my way.
No handgun?
errr... something like that...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4913 on: June 16, 2008, 01:02:08 am »
<freak> LSAT tomorrow

No handgun?

Yeah, how are you going to use the handgun rule if you don't have a handgun?

I guess you probably don't have to worry about doing vector cross products on an exam to become a lawyer, though, so I guess you're safe.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: June 16, 2008, 07:50:23 am »
Vector crosses are easy.  If there were projections on inverted nxn, n > 2, I'd worry.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4915 on: June 16, 2008, 09:12:27 am »
Vector crosses are easy.  If there were projections on inverted nxn, n > 2, I'd worry.

Duh.

Why?  It's still easy.  As long as you're not doing something like Gram-Schmidt where you have to keep your set of vectors orthonormal, it's not that tedious.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: June 16, 2008, 09:38:27 am »
<freak> LSAT tomorrow

No handgun?

Yeah, how are you going to use the handgun rule if you don't have a handgun?

I guess you probably don't have to worry about doing vector cross products on an exam to become a lawyer, though, so I guess you're safe.

If I opened the test booklet and there was math on it I'd freak and walk out.

I feel pretty solid, just VERY nervous.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4917 on: June 16, 2008, 09:40:23 am »
good luck.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: June 16, 2008, 09:53:04 am »
Thanks.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #4919 on: June 16, 2008, 10:13:03 am »
If a tree falls on a baby in the forest and there's nobody around to see it, is it still hilarious?
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.