Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762031 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #5490 on: July 29, 2008, 04:44:30 pm »
Rabbit, like I said don't touch my fucking posts. I don't care if you're a mod or not.

/signed. I didn't like the name change at all. :(

Is this just about changing the title of the thread?  Or was rabbit modifying the contents (e.g. more than the title) of Krazeds' first post in this thread?   If it's the former, I think it's silly for Krazed to get so territorial over something he blatantly stole from the vL forums.  Krazed, I don't think you have any claim of ownership over this entire thread.

Rule, I don't think you have any claim of ownership over being smart.  oooooh!

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: July 29, 2008, 04:45:25 pm »
rabbit doesn't have any ownership over the thread either, so what makes it OK for him to edit anything?
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5492 on: July 29, 2008, 04:47:35 pm »
rabbit doesn't have any ownership over the thread either, so what makes it OK for him to edit anything?
As I said earlier in this thread, twice I think, rabbit shouldn't edit this, and krazed shouldn't assert ownership to prevent it. Saying one person is wrong doesn't make the other person automatically right.

In any case, let's just leave it the way it started (and went for the first 5400 posts), and let life go on. This isn't something to get upset about.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5493 on: July 29, 2008, 04:57:31 pm »
Friend turns 21 on Thursday.  We're headed up to Ruidoso, NM to see him this weekend (he lives in Alto, just outside of 'doso).  Checking out Cross Canadian Ragweed on August 2, then beer.

I asked Stacey about going, she said she'd love to but has a going away party for her room mate who is about to leave ABQ never to see many of the ABQ people again.  The room mate is going to France for a year (I feel bad for her).

I've been drunk the last couple of weekends, OK ... every weekend except two (July 5 & July 12 weekends) since May 07, but I've yet to make any stupid decisions or hit on chicks shamelessly.  Maybe I actually care about what I do in regards to not screwing up stuff with Stacey?  I know I care, but while DRUNK I don't even do stupid shit (me cutting back my drinking was so I don't do stupid shit, but I don't do it while drunk now either).
Am I becoming sober, considerate, thoughtful?  Maybe I just care about her?  I dunno.  It's weird for there not to be stories about me hitting on chicks while drunk.  I like it.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5494 on: July 29, 2008, 05:00:56 pm »
Well a few people asked for me to change the name so I did.  Nobody told me NOT to, especially you Krazed, so there's an emphatic FUCK OFF.  And a note to everyone else: I haven't edited any posts, except my own.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5495 on: July 29, 2008, 05:02:34 pm »
How do you change a thread's name without editing it?

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5496 on: July 29, 2008, 05:10:17 pm »
Cross Canadian Ragweed is good. Them boys from Oklahoma roll their joints all wrong.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5497 on: July 29, 2008, 05:11:19 pm »
How do you change a thread's name without editing it?

I went to the thread listing and double clicked the row, and the little box came up so I added "aka Booze and Women" and hit enter.  Voila.  Name changed.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5498 on: July 29, 2008, 05:16:16 pm »
Ah, didn't know you could do that. But I think that that's just automatically editing the first post.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: July 29, 2008, 05:20:18 pm »
But I never get the edit box, so all that happens is I edit the title, which isn't the post.  Thus, I am not editing the post :)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5500 on: July 29, 2008, 06:47:43 pm »
Why do I have a problem with you violating the implied principles of being a moderator (neutral dude)?  Hmmm...maybe because you're VIOLATING THE PRINCIPLES OF BEING A MODERATOR!?

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5501 on: July 29, 2008, 06:52:36 pm »
Rafting on Thursday, woo hoo!

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: July 29, 2008, 06:58:10 pm »
Why do I have a problem with you violating the implied principles of being a moderator (neutral dude)?  Hmmm...maybe because you're VIOLATING THE PRINCIPLES OF BEING A MODERATOR!?
Maybe because you're a dick?  Neither trust nor I had a problem with it (it was clearly a joke).  You know I have power over you when I have mod status, and you don't like it.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5503 on: July 29, 2008, 07:02:22 pm »
Maybe because you're a dick?  Neither trust nor I had a problem with it (it was clearly a joke).  You know I have power over you when I have mod status, and you don't like it.
I think that's part of the problem -- having a mod isn't about having power over somebody, it's about taking care of problems and issues that come up, in a neutral way.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: July 29, 2008, 07:05:48 pm »
I was neutral, and I made a joke, and craz#d blew it way out of proportion.