Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762112 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #5520 on: July 30, 2008, 10:22:21 pm »
I started doing the hundred pushups deal.  Hopefully results will follow.

I dunno why, but I started doing 100 pushups/200 crunches (in sets of 25 pushups/50 crunches) every night. I got lazy after night 4-5 though...
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5521 on: July 30, 2008, 10:28:44 pm »
No doubt some of you can already do 50 consecutive push ups, but let's face it, you're in a big minority. Most of you reading this won't even be able to manage 20 pushups. Actually, I'm sure many of you can't even do 10.
Woo, suddenly I don't feel so bad that I can only do just over 10! :)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: July 30, 2008, 10:37:22 pm »
I started doing the hundred pushups deal.  Hopefully results will follow.

I dunno why, but I started doing 100 pushups/200 crunches (in sets of 25 pushups/50 crunches) every night. I got lazy after night 4-5 though...
I've already been doing 200 crunches for about 2 weeks, but then I found that when looking for some other things to do, and I figured I'd try it out.  Crunches hurt, and then after the pushups...but it's worth it.  I'm gaining too much weight.

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: July 30, 2008, 11:06:48 pm »
when you do pushups rabbit remember to go down slow and up slow. control is what will enables muscle growth and muscle familiarization. i am a gym rat :) and i just heard that a gym membership at my college is $17 a semester  :o

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5524 on: July 30, 2008, 11:13:20 pm »
when you do pushups rabbit remember to go down slow and up slow. control is what will enables muscle growth and muscle familiarization. i am a gym rat :) and i just heard that a gym membership at my college is $17 a semester  :o

It's included in student fees at my university, I'm pretty sure.  I'm guessing that's really common.

LM provides employees with $300/year (might be more frequent) for gym membership fees if you show you're a member of a gym.  Not that I'd ever use that... :)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5525 on: July 30, 2008, 11:40:44 pm »
There's a gym at school, but I don't have time to do any workouts there.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5526 on: July 30, 2008, 11:41:51 pm »
There's a gym at school, but I don't have time to do any workouts there.

Yep, same.  I think BAD was meaning the same thing as well, but it sounds like you have to pay to use the facilities?  To be honest, I'd prefer that, because it would mean I wasn't paying for something in my student fees that I'm not using.

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: July 31, 2008, 12:01:03 am »

It's included in student fees at my university, I'm pretty sure.  I'm guessing that's really common.

LM provides employees with $300/year (might be more frequent) for gym membership fees if you show you're a member of a gym.  Not that I'd ever use that... :)
if you live in the dorms the membership is included in those fees. but not regular academic fees. i think it would be easier and cheaper to work out at my school instead of spending thousands on a 24 hour fitness membership.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: July 31, 2008, 12:23:13 am »
Those "power pushups" or whatever with the spinning handles are awesome.  "Developed by a Navy SEAL" or whatnot ... those are INTENSE.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5529 on: July 31, 2008, 12:27:48 am »
Those "power pushups" or whatever with the spinning handles are awesome.  "Developed by a Navy SEAL" or whatnot ... those are INTENSE.

Truth. They tear the fuck out of your arms, I love 'em.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: July 31, 2008, 01:11:51 am »

Truth. They tear the fuck out of your arms, I love 'em.
those are the ones that swivles while you do a push up right ? those are fun i treid them before. but since i dont have one and dont want to spend 50 on one my bouncey ball pushups will do fine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5531 on: July 31, 2008, 01:35:58 am »

if you live in the dorms the membership is included in those fees. but not regular academic fees. i think it would be easier and cheaper to work out at my school instead of spending thousands on a 24 hour fitness membership.

Ah, I see.  I've lived in the dorms both years I've been at college, so I guess it could be the same way there.

Yeah, I'm sure their equipment is at least up do par with the average gym and the social environment will probably fit more closely to what you're comfortable with.  Seems like a much better deal to me.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #5532 on: July 31, 2008, 03:09:38 am »
Actually, settlment-free peering is pretty much exclusively about the amount of transit happening in either direction.  Most peering/depeering disputes between Tier-1 providers (and sometimes their customers) tend to happen over one side thinking that they are receiving a great deal more transit than they are passing on to the other end - that the other end is "getting a free lunch", so to speak.

All peering is, by definition, settlement-free. If the difference is measured in orders of magnitude, it's certainly not unmeasurable, in which case depeering is inevitable. In a large network, it's very difficult to determine precisely how much bandwidth is being used. One can easily measure how much data customer X is using, but accurately monitoring how much traffic is going across the connection that is represented by the peering agreement is a feat that large ISPs would pay a lot of money for.

I imagine that an accurate solution would result in the abolishment of most peering agreements, in exchange for a pay-as-you-send agreement for the same link, thus eliminating the example you gave.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: July 31, 2008, 11:58:43 am »
Yep, same.  I think BAD was meaning the same thing as well, but it sounds like you have to pay to use the facilities?  To be honest, I'd prefer that, because it would mean I wasn't paying for something in my student fees that I'm not using.
I don't mind the gym membership as much as I mind the athletic events fee (students can attend any normal basketball/football/whatever event). I'm not into watching any sports at all, but I still have to pay to support them. I've been using the gym most days this summer. I should still be able to make it 3x a week once the semester starts, but we'll see.
errr... something like that...

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!