Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762047 times)

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #5595 on: August 05, 2008, 07:44:14 pm »
You can't have tattoos in visible locations (the actual regulations are a bit more specific but thats the jist). That also doesn't qualify as a "threat."

That, and it was a "gang-affiliated" tattoo. :P
is this sergio your talking about?

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: August 05, 2008, 07:46:42 pm »
that sergeant was definitely out of line, threatening someone like that. your friend could have brought the issue to someone of higher rank, or at worst the court.

though of course there are drawbacks to pissing off your superior officer, probably would have to ask for a transfer after that lol.

You can't have tattoos in visible locations (the actual regulations are a bit more specific but thats the jist). That also doesn't qualify as a "threat."

Anything negative that you say you'll do to someone is a threat, with or without the right of following it through. Furthermore, if the soldier refused, the sergeant wouldn't have the right to carve it out himself, since a soldier can quit the army at any time. It's really simple -- once you quit, he no longer has any power over you.

You cant quit.  ever.  You can not re-enlist, but if you want to quit you're gonna have to seriously fuck some shit up, and even then you'll just end up in military prison for like 15 years.

The military owns you for however long you said they do ... you're a piece of property, not a person.

That, and it was a "gang-affiliated" tattoo. :P

He's in a gang?  Fucker shouldn't be let in.  I'm pissed that the military is taking anyone and everyone.  They even accept felons now.  Fuck that.  I saw History Channel's Gangland episode on military gang members that recruit within and then go home to train gang bangers.  Those fuckers should be shot.  If I ever saw some stupid ass dick-weed recruiting for a gang in the military (and I was in and of rank) I would have the fucker shot on the spot.  Fuck consequences, it's about keeping the military strong, gang members have NO place in the military.

Offline zorm

• View Profile
    • Zorm's Page
« Reply #5597 on: August 05, 2008, 07:49:00 pm »
Anything negative that you say you'll do to someone is a threat, with or without the right of following it through. Furthermore, if the soldier refused, the sergeant wouldn't have the right to carve it out himself, since a soldier can quit the army at any time. It's really simple -- once you quit, he no longer has any power over you.

I do believe you're woefully misinformed.

When I said its "not a threat" I was meaning that the Sgt. isn't going to actually carve the tattoo out himself. He will seek the proper channels and get it taken care of. This language is common in military culture and is pretty much "You're going to do X, you can either do it the easy way or the hard way"

You can't just "quit" the military either. Sure you could "walk away" but thats punishable by death...
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
- William of Ockham

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: August 05, 2008, 08:05:07 pm »
I admit I don't know the first thing about the military, as it doesn't interest me whatsoever ;-)

I was under the impression that you could quit the military if you're outside of a war zone (like not in Iraq), but I guess I was wrong.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 08:06:44 pm by Ender »

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: August 05, 2008, 08:45:30 pm »

Yep.

He's in a gang?  Fucker shouldn't be let in.  I'm pissed that the military is taking anyone and everyone.  They even accept felons now.  Fuck that.  I saw History Channel's Gangland episode on military gang members that recruit within and then go home to train gang bangers.  Those fuckers should be shot.  If I ever saw some stupid ass dick-weed recruiting for a gang in the military (and I was in and of rank) I would have the fucker shot on the spot.  Fuck consequences, it's about keeping the military strong, gang members have NO place in the military.

No. He's not in a gang. He got a drunk tattoo of three dots in a triangle, and they said it was a gang tattoo. He doesn't affiliate with gangs.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5600 on: August 05, 2008, 09:02:48 pm »
And what is today?  Is it Wednesday?  No.  Ask her to hang out this evenin', casually.  Go chill some where you both would enjoy and that is a relaxed environment.  Put thought into it, don't do something stupid/cliche/etc. ... unless you think she'll like it, that is.
She works Tuesdays and Thursdays right after class (when she bolts anyways).  Earliest I can ask her out is next week.

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: August 05, 2008, 09:05:14 pm »

Yep.

No. He's not in a gang. He got a drunk tattoo of three dots in a triangle, and they said it was a gang tattoo. He doesn't affiliate with gangs.
i knew it he should have just said it was a birth mark or something

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: August 05, 2008, 09:35:20 pm »
craz3d, i am inexpressibly proud to be ignorant in those areas on which you are knowledgeable

it is my greatest assurance of a moral life

edit: just realized, i suppose you grudge the bite in this comment
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 09:48:27 pm by Ender »

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: August 05, 2008, 11:57:40 pm »
I was just thinking how cool it is that all of these people from around the world that would previously have had no interaction can talk on x86 and the internet in general.

At the same time it sucks because it takes away from living life in reality.

Ain't Life Grand?

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: August 06, 2008, 01:48:28 am »

Oh,k.

And what is today?  Is it Wednesday?  No.  Ask her to hang out this evenin', casually.  Go chill some where you both would enjoy and that is a relaxed environment.  Put thought into it, don't do something stupid/cliche/etc. ... unless you think she'll like it, that is.
She works Tuesdays and Thursdays right after class (when she bolts anyways).  Earliest I can ask her out is next week.
Well, obviously, now...  But do it.  I want to see progress!

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: August 06, 2008, 02:16:06 am »
I was just thinking how cool it is that all of these people from around the world that would previously have had no interaction can talk on x86 and the internet in general.

At the same time it sucks because it takes away from living life in reality.

I totally agree. :)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: August 06, 2008, 03:27:07 pm »
She works on Wednesdays too.  Maybe Monday...  Fuck I don't know.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: August 06, 2008, 03:34:37 pm »
She works on Wednesdays too.  Maybe Monday...  Fuck I don't know.

Just Do It
-Nikeā„¢

Just do something Thursday night after work

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: August 06, 2008, 03:45:36 pm »
And what is today? Is it Wednesday? No. Ask her to hang out this evenin', casually. Go chill some where you both would enjoy and that is a relaxed environment. Put thought into it, don't do something stupid/cliche/etc. ... unless you think she'll like it, that is.
She works Tuesdays and Thursdays right after class (when she bolts anyways). Earliest I can ask her out is next week.

Why are you taking advice from someone who obviously fails in maintaining relations with the opposite sex? I don't know how many times I've seen posts of him babbling on about this or that girl.

It's not hard to ask her out... just don't overthink it. Also, rejection is never personal, but people tend to construe it as such.
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: August 06, 2008, 04:30:44 pm »
Why are you taking advice from someone who obviously fails in maintaining relations with the opposite sex? I don't know how many times I've seen posts of him babbling on about this or that girl.
Yeah rabbit, don't take advice from Joe.