Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762113 times)

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #9090 on: November 04, 2010, 10:23:58 am »
We roll deep. Fuck you.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9091 on: November 04, 2010, 10:43:48 am »
For what it's worth, I use a computer 10-14 hours/day, too. It's my day job, and also my primary hobby.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #9092 on: November 04, 2010, 11:30:53 am »
For what it's worth, I use a computer 10-14 hours/day, too. It's my day job, and also my primary hobby.

Wow, what a nerd!  I've never used a computer in my life!
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9093 on: November 04, 2010, 01:34:10 pm »

LOL MAN UR SUCH A DORK BRO. GO OUT AND GET WASTED AND SHIT, THEN TAKE UP SOME CLASSICS MAJOR AND E-BRAG ON SOME FORUM. THAT'S THE LIFE, DAWG.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9094 on: November 04, 2010, 02:52:37 pm »
you're still feeding the ender troll?  damn.

YOU STUPID

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #9095 on: November 04, 2010, 02:58:35 pm »
My family has laptops from dell, gateway, and acer. The only problems that I've seen with any of them have been caused by user stupidity. Maybe we're just lucky, but I think most people just treat their laptops very very poorly. The only problem with my old dell is that the power connector has been loose ever since I knocked it a couple feet off a counter onto a hard floor :(. The magnetic power connector thing is one of my favorite things about macbooks (that seems to be a fairly common point of failure) but it's really not worth an extra $1000.

Heh.  I guess it just seems I've seen a lot more "bad apple" PCs than I have with MBs.

I love the magnetic charger.  It's saved my ass dozens of times.  I've dropped my MBP quite a few times, I've spilled water, soda, coffee, etc. on the keyboard and I haven't had a single problem.  For something that's not meant to be ultra durable, this thing sure is a trooper.

I don't have a desktop here because I didn't have a good way of bringing mine.  I have a pretty hard time being restricted to a laptop, and I'm going to try to get my PC here next time I go home.

I don't think I'd ever spend more than $1000 on a laptop.  I'd never buy a laptop if I intended to do any sort of serious gaming.  My MBP was a little over $1000, and I've been rather pleased with it.  Maybe it's just something like the placebo effect, but I've never been so pleased with a laptop.  A year after I bought it, everything is still working as it should.  No broken chargers, no busted keys, not a single hardware failure, etc.

That's not to say I'd never buy a PC laptop again, or that I wouldn't recommend a PC laptop to someone else.  I'm just very pleased with my MBP. :)

I should have bought an MBP. My whitebook isn't holding up nearly as well:
- Bottom case plastic separated from metal in a fat ugly bulge.
- StarCraft II cooked GPU (I think?)
- Top case assembly (unibody) cracked near Ethernet port, part of the computer's structure
- Clamshell (screen) assembly cracked in the plastic near the hinges
- AirPort card dying, most likely thermal death

AppleCare has replaced all of those for me (taking the AirPort card in today) but this machine is under a year old. I'm going to ask to speak with a manager and ask for my machine to be replaced with a refurbished MacBook Pro, which costs less than a new whitebook anyhow.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9096 on: November 04, 2010, 03:26:06 pm »
you're still feeding the ender troll?  damn.

YOU STUPID

yeah he's gonna get it now

LOL MAN UR SUCH A DORK BRO. GO OUT AND GET WASTED AND SHIT, THEN TAKE UP SOME CLASSICS MAJOR AND E-BRAG ON SOME FORUM. THAT'S THE LIFE, DAWG.

go jack off on your computer i'm sure it has some holes you can stick your dick in

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9097 on: November 04, 2010, 03:35:52 pm »

go jack off on your computer i'm sure it has some holes you can stick your dick in
Go fuck a landmine!

(I totally forget what that's from.. Cyanide and Happiness, maybe?)

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9098 on: November 04, 2010, 10:02:27 pm »

Plato, Aristotle, and Socrates are pretty stupid.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9099 on: November 04, 2010, 10:29:18 pm »

Plato, Aristotle, and Socrates are pretty stupid.

lol

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9100 on: November 06, 2010, 12:26:54 am »
I spend about 10-14 hours at a computer since it's my job and when I come home there's really nothing else to do but watch Netflix or do shit on my computer.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9101 on: November 06, 2010, 03:46:46 am »
I spend about 10-14 hours at a computer since it's my job and when I come home there's really nothing else to do but watch Netflix or do shit on my computer.

It's understandable if your job is with computers.

But of course deadly's isn't. His job is the classes he attends and the social life he skips out on. But because he doesn't do his job (he skips out on the social life) he fills his day with hours and hours of human-machine love.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #9102 on: November 06, 2010, 12:39:35 pm »

But of course deadly's isn't. His job is the classes he attends and the social life he skips out on. But because he doesn't do his job (he skips out on the social life) he fills his day with hours and hours of human-machine love.
your hatred towards robosexuals is disgusting
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9103 on: November 06, 2010, 01:35:58 pm »

your hatred towards robosexuals is disgusting

what can i say i'm robophobic

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9104 on: November 06, 2010, 09:47:59 pm »

Minus the part where I work as a student sysadmin/programmer, am a CS major, and hang out with people daily, you're correct!
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine