Author Topic: Advice please.  (Read 10865 times)

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
Advice please.
« on: November 22, 2005, 04:07:52 am »
About a month or so ago a tooth of mine was basically split in two, (how I wont get into detail), anyways, this one little peice is still in here, and when I push it down, it just goes in my gum, push it up, it gets caught on my adult tooth, can't get anything small enough to grab it, and it's practically a dark yellow, (which is disgusting, due the the fact of me always having perfect teeth). So, looking for sugegstions.

On a side note, before any idea's are given: I'd like to get it out myself, and not waste $1000 on someone else poking it out.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Advice please.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 09:35:49 am »
Nice signature.  Funny you're hitting my Linux box, though, so admin@myip is pretty invalid :P

Plus:

Last login: Mon Nov 21 16:48:26 2005 from 10.0.0.25

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 11:23:40 am »
Nice signature.  Funny you're hitting my Linux box, though, so admin@myip is pretty invalid :P

Plus:

Last login: Mon Nov 21 16:48:26 2005 from 10.0.0.25

...? And this has what to do with the thread?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 01:09:49 pm »
Plenty. :P

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 01:23:51 pm »
About a month or so ago a tooth of mine was basically split in two, (how I wont get into detail), anyways, this one little peice is still in here, and when I push it down, it just goes in my gum, push it up, it gets caught on my adult tooth, can't get anything small enough to grab it, and it's practically a dark yellow, (which is disgusting, due the the fact of me always having perfect teeth). So, looking for sugegstions.

On a side note, before any idea's are given: I'd like to get it out myself, and not waste $1000 on someone else poking it out.
Can't you brush it still?  If not, that really sucks.

Anyways, you can always just have someone you trust get in there with pliers and pull it out...  :(
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 01:31:53 pm »
Go to the dentist. -_-

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 01:37:22 pm »
Go to the dentist. -_-
We are really low on money, which is why if you read my post, you'd figure out what the $1000 part was about.

It's that color because it's like..dead. I've never had a serious problem with my teeth, worst I've ever had was a cavity in a baby tooth about to fall out. This thing is like stuck underneath my adult tooth, and it's being a little pain in the ass.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 03:36:39 pm »
Go to the dentist. -_-
We are really low on money, which is why if you read my post, you'd figure out what the $1000 part was about.

It's that color because it's like..dead. I've never had a serious problem with my teeth, worst I've ever had was a cavity in a baby tooth about to fall out. This thing is like stuck underneath my adult tooth, and it's being a little pain in the ass.
Move to Canada, then go to a dentist.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 03:42:03 pm »
A shot of whiskey is optional.

Take some pliers, or a wedge and try to carve it out.. either that or obtain a drug that knocks you out, that or obtain some nitrous oxide (4 whipping cream cans) and use it, then have someone rip the tooth out.. or goto the dentist.. goodluck

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005, 04:27:22 pm »
Drink until you pass out, and then have a friend yank it out with a pair of pliers.  Caution!  It will get very messy.
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2005, 04:39:15 pm »
Drink until you pass out, and then have a friend yank it out with a pair of pliers.  Caution!  It will get very messy.

Sounds like you're speaking from experience there. :)

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2005, 04:44:43 pm »
Oh! Did I mention I'm 13?

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2005, 04:48:47 pm »

Sounds like you're speaking from experience there. :)

Is it that obvious?  Fortunate for me, my tooth was not split like Scr33n0r's.

Oh! Did I mention I'm 13?

Use Nyquil as the sedative instead?
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2005, 04:50:21 pm »

Haha, when I was ~5, my mom slapped me for backtalking or something like that and her ring got caught around my tooth and pulled the entire tooth out, root and all.  It was pretty funny because the adult tooth didn't grow in until about 6 months later.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2005, 04:51:54 pm »

Haha, when I was ~5, my mom slapped me for backtalking or something like that and her ring got caught around my tooth and pulled the entire tooth out, root and all. It was pretty funny because the adult tooth didn't grow in until about 6 months later.

That sounds brutal.  How did she respond to that?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2005, 04:54:40 pm »

Well, she cried for about 30 minutes and kept saying that she was sorry.  It really only hurt for about 5 minutes, so I stopped crying after that.  She was mortified, haha.  I can't imagine how nervous she was when she took me in to the dentist's office.

I said some funny things when I was little.  I think I was about ~3 here.  We were in a train and someone in the car that was sitting next to us cracked open a soda and poured it into a glass.  I then said for no apparent reason: "My mom drinks a different type of pop, it's called whiskey!"  It's only moderately funny until you hear/realize that she was obviously pregnant with my sister, haha.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2005, 04:55:57 pm »

Well, she cried for about 30 minutes and kept saying that she was sorry. It really only hurt for about 5 minutes, so I stopped crying after that. She was mortified, haha. I can't imagine how nervous she was when she took me in to the dentist's office.

I said some funny things when I was little. I think I was about ~3 here. We were in a train and someone in the car that was sitting next to us cracked open a soda and poured it into a glass. I then said for no apparent reason: "My mom drinks a different type of pop, it's called whiskey!" It's only moderately funny until you hear/realize that she was obviously pregnant with my sister, haha.

I was tricked into believing that whiskey was Kool-Aid as a child, and to my disappointment, found out it was not.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2005, 04:57:02 pm »
I was tricked into believing that whiskey was Kool-Aid as a child, and to my disappointment, found out it was not.

Hahaha, that's horrid.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2005, 05:03:54 pm »

Hahaha, that's horrid.
"You told me that was your third arm..."
"Ha ha! High five!"
"I don't want to do that anymore.."

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2005, 05:05:49 pm »
Hahaha

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2005, 08:03:00 pm »
Go to the dentist. -_-

Sell your iPod, that'll get you much of the way there!

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2005, 08:08:22 pm »
Go to the dentist. -_-

MY IPOD!

*grabs iPod and runs to corner of room*

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2005, 09:52:35 pm »
Go to the dentist. -_-

MY IPOD!

Initiate the fetal position!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2005, 10:39:36 pm »
Go to the dentist. -_-

MY IPOD!

Well, you have to ask yourself what's more important.  Your tooth/health, or your toys.  If it's your toys, then fine, suffer.  *shrug*

By the way, doesn't your family have insurance?  I thought everybody in the US practically has Blue Cross or whatever..

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2005, 11:28:15 pm »
Go to the dentist. -_-

MY IPOD!

Well, you have to ask yourself what's more important.  Your tooth/health, or your toys.  If it's your toys, then fine, suffer.  *shrug*

By the way, doesn't your family have insurance?  I thought everybody in the US practically has Blue Cross or whatever..

Nope of last night my mom got rid of her insurance so if I get hurt its going to cost her a fine penny to go the hostiple.

To your question bro. I suggest just getting a close friend and have him rip it out.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2005, 11:36:27 pm »
Ehh, that's awful.

My dad lived with a dead tooth for a good 30 years of his life. He got into a drunken bar fight around my age (I think), and got a pool stick in his face at full speed.

He just recently got it pulled. :)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2005, 01:28:27 am »
Ehh, that's awful.

My dad lived with a dead tooth for a good 30 years of his life. He got into a drunken bar fight around my age (I think), and got a pool stick in his face at full speed.

He just recently got it pulled. :)
Oww, now THAT'S torture.

iago: We have Blue Cross, but the counting the gas bill/cost for x-rays, let alone getting the actual tooth pulled/amount of stress my mom is already under, I look at it as, it's my problem, and shouldn't make it a burden on other family member's to get it fixed.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2005, 01:44:53 am »
eh, talk to your parents about it, they might have an idea.... otherwise keep seeking answers, try a toothpick to get it out

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2005, 01:46:06 am »
Loosen it up as much as possible with pliers, as mentioned earlier.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2005, 08:01:49 am »
iago: We have Blue Cross, but the counting the gas bill/cost for x-rays, let alone getting the actual tooth pulled/amount of stress my mom is already under, I look at it as, it's my problem, and shouldn't make it a burden on other family member's to get it fixed.

Doesn't Blue Cross cover all that stuff?  Well, except for the gas bill, as far as I know..

Or am I misunderstanding the point of Blue Cross?  When I say how cool Canada is for having free healthcare, Americans counter by saying that everybody there has Blue Cross, so they don't pay for it..

The bottom line is, unless you're willing to go to your parents about it, the only solution is to tie a string to it, tie the other end to a door knob, and slam.  Or to a truck, or use pliers, or something equally painful.  Failing that, deal with it. 

Or call Sidoh's mom..

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2005, 09:06:52 am »
iago, you're forgetting that our health and dental are separate insurances.

@Scr33nor:
I have to get some wisdom teeth pulled soon, and the dentist said that if I get a referral from my doctor and then go to an oral surgeon, my health insurance will cover it all.  If your mom still has the health insurance you could ask about that, otherwise.....go up to some BIGGGG guy in a bar and call him a dyke.  That'll get (at least) that little fragment out.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2005, 02:13:39 pm »

@Scr33nor:
I have to get some wisdom teeth pulled soon, and the dentist said that if I get a referral from my doctor and then go to an oral surgeon, my health insurance will cover it all.  If your mom still has the health insurance you could ask about that, otherwise.....go up to some BIGGGG guy in a bar and call him a dyke.  That'll get (at least) that little fragment out.

Hehe, that's a great idea.  I don't know why I didn't think of that!

And haha @ the bar guy comment

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2005, 05:32:52 pm »
Thanks iago, didn't think of the tooth, string, door trick. Thanks for the help guys, hopefully one of the non-toxic ways of getting this thing out will work.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2005, 06:22:57 pm »

@Scr33nor:
I can't forget something I didn't know.  I don't understand your health care *shrug*

Thanks iago, didn't think of the tooth, string, door trick. Thanks for the help guys, hopefully one of the non-toxic ways of getting this thing out will work.
I strongly disrecommend any of the ways mentioned here, but if you have to...

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2005, 07:51:26 pm »
I can't forget something I didn't know.  I don't understand your health care *shrug*
Don't worry, no one here does either.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2005, 08:22:43 pm »
Don't worry, no one here does either.

Haha, so true.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend any of these either.  You need to see a dentist, man.  That's why we have professionals.  Ask your mom if you have health insurance that will cover it.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2005, 09:15:22 pm »
We do, but, doing it myself is faster, and less well, everything but professional. Remember, the tooth IS dead, I just don't have proper tools to get it out, I plan on numbing it first with ice, then just slamming the door. Anyone want me to record it? :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2005, 09:29:03 pm »
We do, but, doing it myself is faster, and less well, everything but professional. Remember, the tooth IS dead, I just don't have proper tools to get it out, I plan on numbing it first with ice, then just slamming the door. Anyone want me to record it? :)

Haha, I really think you should have a dentist look at it.  I'd hate to see something like that get infected.

I guess it's your decision, though. :P

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2005, 10:17:22 pm »

Haha, I really think you should have a dentist look at it.  I'd hate to see something like that get infected.

I guess it's your decision, though. :P
You love me, don't you.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2005, 10:43:50 pm »

I think that's a very, very bad idea. 

But if you do it, YES! Record it!!

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2005, 10:52:49 pm »
But if you do it, YES! Record it!!

ROFL.  I love you, iago :D

And yes, Screenor.  <3