Author Topic: School sued over same-sex fairy tale  (Read 21427 times)

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
Re: School sued over same-sex fairy tale
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2006, 11:38:24 pm »
Do not make this a political debate, please, it's a culture topic..

Politics often dictate culture.
This is an article-topic for godsake, what do you expect?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2006, 11:40:54 pm »
This is an article-topic for godsake, what do you expect?

Cool story.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2006, 01:13:25 am »
ADD [... is a] proven medical [condition]. 
Really?  News to me.  Find me ADD in a DSM.  Also find me where it says it's "proven."

If you're implying that liberalism is the same as homosexuality, then I think your point is more damaged than ever.
I think it was a joke.  I thought it was funny.  I even laughed.

What "unwanted knowledge"?  When I hear a fairytale about a prince and a princess falling in love, I don't go reading about "fucking".  Are you talking about the knowledge that somebody doesn't necessarily have to be with a woman to be happy?  What's unwanted about that?

It's very close to rasicm.  It's a group of people who are singled out and made fun of by most others.  My grandma still points and complains about niggers, and my friend still points and complains about fags.  Do you not see a parallel?
I don't see how a secular society can prohibit gay marriage and whatnot, although I don't agree with it.  However, I don't think it's the prerogative of a school I put my kid in to teach my kid anything about sex.  That's my job as a parent (or parent to be, anyway).  I realize that a lot of people just want the government to take care of their kids so that they don't have to have the responsibility of being a good mommy or daddy, but tough shit.  Those of us who care about our kids want to be able to raise them how we see fit.

I am amazed how many people are describing homosexuality as a disease.  While I certainly see it as wrong and a deviant behavior, I hesitate to take that step.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2006, 02:03:43 am »
So you're saying my cousin should be killed/put in a hospital/something else, just because he pefers men?  You're the sick bastard, here, not him.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2006, 02:07:06 am »
So you're saying my cousin should be killed/put in a hospital/something else, just because he pefers men?

Yes.  Lock 'em up.

By the way, my cousin is gay too.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2006, 02:17:00 am »
Hell, lock 'em up together!

(I'm kidding).
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2006, 02:18:35 am »
Hell, lock 'em up together!

(I'm kidding).

HAAHAHAHHAAHAHAH OMG !!!! HAHAHAHAAH

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2006, 07:42:49 am »
Homosexuality is not a choice

Yes ... it ... is.

By definition, homosexuality is someone who has sexual intercourse with someone of the same gender.  Sounds like it's only about sex to me. :P
Well, heterosexuals prefer having sexual intercourse with somebody of another gender.  But like I said, that doesn't mean the story about the Princess and the Pea has a fuck scene at the end. 

Ok, you CAN choose to have sex with another guy, but you can't choose whether or not you fall in love with him or other men.  But like I said, this isn't about fucking, this is about people who prefer men.  NOT ABOUT SEX. 

As for sour vs. sweet preference, neither of those help society more than the other, they are equal.
Let's not tell children about absinence either, then.  Because two people who don't have sex also don't have kids, so we should be explaining to children that they should have lots of sex. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2006, 10:10:14 am »

As for sour vs. sweet preference, neither of those help society more than the other, they are equal.
Let's not tell children about absinence either, then.  Because two people who don't have sex also don't have kids, so we should be explaining to children that they should have lots of sex. 

uhm, I think you don't understand the point of abstinence.

I'd like to note, I'm not totally sure whether or not its a disease, I'm just using that to reason with people that don't agree.  But I do think it is wrong.  I support gay marriage, though.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2006, 10:38:51 am »
Well, heterosexuals prefer having sexual intercourse with somebody of another gender.  But like I said, that doesn't mean the story about the Princess and the Pea has a fuck scene at the end. 

Ok, you CAN choose to have sex with another guy, but you can't choose whether or not you fall in love with him or other men.  But like I said, this isn't about fucking, this is about people who prefer men.  NOT ABOUT SEX. 

It seems like it's a spiral effect to me.  But still, homosexuality is a choice.

As I've said about five times already, I do not want schools teaching my kids about homosexuals when they're seven years old.  I don't really care about all of the moral strings attached.  That's just how it is.  I don't want to risk them discovering any of the details behind homosexuality...

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2006, 04:38:36 pm »
Prove to me it's a choice.  Prove to me it's a disease.  I don't mean you saying "O it's bad for society [blah blah]".  Give me medical studies and proof it's a disease.  Give me reputable surveys of gay people which show it is a choice.  Until then, do NOT try to tell me what it is or isn't.

@Myndy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DSM-IV_Codes section 1.6  ADD was officially renamed ADHD a little while back.  Also, I do agree with you about wanting to raise your child the way you see fit, but a lawsuit is uncalled for.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2006, 05:08:48 pm »
Prove to me it's a choice. 

(Wikipedia):

The adjective homosexual is also used for same-sex sexual relations between persons of the same sex who are not gay or lesbian.

I don't understand the potential for an argument that it's a choice.  If it's rape, I don't think it should be considered "sexual relations."  Homosexual intercourse is, by all reasonable standards (unless rape is considered), a choice.

Prove to me it's a disease.

I don't think it's a disease.  I think persistant homosexual traits can be caused by hormone imbalences, which are obviously the result of genetic mutations.  I don't think that's a disease.  I think it's a disorder.  I'm not saying that all homosexual tendancies result from this, but I am saying that it's a very possible source.  Depending on your definition of "disease," I suppose that could be considered as such, but I think that's going too far.  I think "disorder" is different than "disease."

I don't mean you saying "O it's bad for society [blah blah]".  Give me medical studies and proof it's a disease.  Give me reputable surveys of gay people which show it is a choice.  Until then, do NOT try to tell me what it is or isn't.

I don't really care if it's bad for society.  The relative number of homosexuals is so minimal that it isn't even worth considering that argument.  The lack of testosterone leads to the lack of "manly" traits, which would surely help construct homosexual tendancies.

@Myndy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DSM-IV_Codes section 1.6  ADD was officially renamed ADHD a little while back.  Also, I do agree with you about wanting to raise your child the way you see fit, but a lawsuit is uncalled for.

I thought ADD and ADHD were aliases, but were later merged into one: "ADD?"  ADHD used to describe people that had a hard time focusing, but were generally hyper, spastic and random in persona and action.  ADD was used to describe someone with the same ultimate effects, but were caused by milder, less hyperactive personalities.

I could be wrong.  I could ask my mom.  She's an elementary school teacher; she'd probably know.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 05:12:41 pm by Sidoh »

trust

« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2006, 06:31:33 pm »

We should teach our children to have sex as many times as it takes to conceive. Of course, this is when they are of age both physically and mentally.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2006, 06:45:01 pm »
So then clergy are useless too!  They don't procreate.  We should wipe them out for not fufilling their duty as humans.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2006, 08:18:41 pm »
So then clergy are useless too!  They don't procreate.  We should wipe them out for not fufilling their duty as humans.

What was that in response to?  If it was to me, I've already expressed my disagreement with this argument.

I don't really care if it's bad for society.  The relative number of homosexuals is so minimal that it isn't even worth considering that argument.