Author Topic: NO STANDING TO PISS  (Read 3603 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
NO STANDING TO PISS
« on: September 28, 2006, 07:35:42 pm »
It's an entirely new definition of "Standing Room Only." Or perhaps a new measure of "equality" has arrived.

Whatever it is, it has sparked a huge political debate at a school in Kristiansand, Norway, according to the Norwegian paper Fædrelandsvennen.

(Story continues below)

The trigger for the explosion of opinion? A decision in the local district that schoolboys must sit on toilet seats when urinating, not stand.

According to the news report, the rule was announced for boys at Dvergsnes School, prompting outrage from Vidar Kleppe, the chief of The Democrats Party.

He's accusing the school of "fiddling with God's work," and now he wants the issue discussed at the executive committee level of the area council, according to the newspaper "Dagbladet."

"When boys are not allowed to pee in the natural way, the way boys have done for generations, it is meddling with God's work," Kleppe, whose group is a splinter group of former Progress Party hardliners, said in the newspaper.

"It is a human right not to have to sit down like a girl," he said.

On Kleppe's contentious "stand" on making political waves, no comment was the response from school principal Lise Gjul.

But she did tell Norwegian Broadcasting NRK that the restrooms are used by both boys and girls, and the young boys are not "good enough at aiming" in order to have "a pleasant toilet."

School officials are still listening to opinions on the issue.

If something called "Dagbladet" told me not to stand to pee, I'd laugh.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: NO STANDING TO PISS
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 07:47:47 pm »
How would they enforce this?

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 08:02:32 pm »
How would they enforce this?
Lol, yeah, that's my question too.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 08:03:08 pm »
I read the article as this:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 08:20:03 pm »
LOL, "It's a human right to not pee like a girl."

The topic title made me think of my high school networking class.  We were talking about the OSI networking model, which defines seven layers of abstraction (from high to low): Application, Presentation, Session, Transport, Network, Data-link, Physical.  We were supposed to come up with a catchy acronym to help us remember (a mneumonic device) and I won the most creative award: Always Pee Standing To Never Destroy Pants.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 11:21:55 pm »
Application, Presentation, Session, Transport, Network, Data-link, Physical.  We were supposed to come up with a catchy acronym to help us remember (a mneumonic device) and I won the most creative award: Always Pee Standing To Never Destroy Pants.

HAHAHA.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 11:29:01 pm »
Application, Presentation, Session, Transport, Network, Data-link, Physical.  We were supposed to come up with a catchy acronym to help us remember (a mnemonic device) and I won the most creative award: Always Pee Standing To Never Destroy Pants.

HAHAHA.

Yeah, that's pretty awesome.  :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 12:47:21 am »
If I went to that school, I'd start a protest, and piss on every toilet seat every chance I had.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Nate

• You all suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 11:22:56 am »
Screw the toilets, I'd just pee where i happened to be standing.