Author Topic: My day at work..  (Read 13258 times)

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
Re: My day at work..
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2006, 01:00:12 pm »
As opposed to bumblefuck no where, where it's all solitude and serenity. Seriously deal with the issue at hand, If he keeps "running his mouth". Talk back to him about it, if he fires you over that then you've had your first life lesson in how to piss people off.
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2006, 01:56:46 pm »
Requesting court records does cost money.

Most law suits don't hit the paper, so I dont many people would know about it

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2006, 02:09:25 pm »

Documentation.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2006, 05:11:43 pm »
I'm pretty sure something like that goes on some sort of public record.

Joe, saying you're going to sue your boss is such a childish defense.  Buck up and deal with it or quit the job if it's so terrible.

You either didn't read or didn't understand the original post. The fact is I can't deal with it because I did nothing wrong in the first place. Well, except the tube thing, but you'd think the supervisors would get yelled at, and the managers wouldn't be hypocrits about it, before they'd go to the normal ranked guards.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2006, 07:47:43 pm »

Documentation.
??? you mean like proof that requesting records cost money?

well, I work for a lawyer & every time we get copies of the documents that the court has on file the secretary has to fill out a request form & then they bill us for the copies.

Not sure where I'd find proof that I have to do this, unless I just take a picture of the next request I take

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2006, 08:11:12 pm »
Joe, saying you're going to sue your boss is such a childish defense.  Buck up and deal with it or quit the job if it's so terrible.

Yeah. I used to threaten people with lawsuits. Eventually I realized it made me sound like a bitch. Now I just threaten to eat their family and burn their house down.

I'll tell you what: nobody fucks with me now. :P
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2006, 08:16:04 pm »
You either didn't read or didn't understand the original post. The fact is I can't deal with it because I did nothing wrong in the first place. Well, except the tube thing, but you'd think the supervisors would get yelled at, and the managers wouldn't be hypocrits about it, before they'd go to the normal ranked guards.

I'm in a state of complete understanding.  You're being childish.  Suck it up and deal with it.

Yeah. I used to threaten people with lawsuits. Eventually I realized it made me sound like a bitch. Now I just threaten to eat their family and burn their house down.

I'll tell you what: nobody fucks with me now. :P

HAHAHAHA.

Yeah, it's a terribly childish defense that's only used as a last resort (aside from socking the person in the face, anyway) in these circumstances.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2006, 10:02:23 pm »
Actually, I'm inclined to agree with Crazed here.  Unless he lives in some small backwoods gossip-ridden town, I don't think suing his employer would affect his future job opportunities.  A standard background check wouldn't include this sort of information, I don't think.  Just guessing though :P.  If I seriously thought I were being unfairly treated, and wanted to raise shit over it, I'd do some research before opening my mouth.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2006, 10:39:59 pm »
Actually, I'm inclined to agree with Crazed here.  Unless he lives in some small backwoods gossip-ridden town, I don't think suing his employer would affect his future job opportunities.  A standard background check wouldn't include this sort of information, I don't think.  Just guessing though :P.  If I seriously thought I were being unfairly treated, and wanted to raise shit over it, I'd do some research before opening my mouth.

I'm guessing too.  I think we all are!

If Joe's small-ass town is anything like mine, gossip spreads at an incredible rate.  If some kid gets caught smoking weed, the majority of the people involved with the town (that is to say 'excluding the recluses') are aware of it within a few days.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2006, 12:53:34 am »

If Joe's small-ass town is anything like mine, gossip spreads at an incredible rate.  If some kid gets caught smoking weed, the majority of the people involved with the town (that is to say 'excluding the recluses') are aware of it within a few days.

My small-ass town is like yours, in the school system. I've counted three coworkers who go to school with me, though, and one is a resort attendant and another is an arcade staffperson, so only one lifeguard is from my school, so it'll be quite slow getting back to Baraboo (I work in WI Dells, about 15 minutes in the other direction).

And yeah, I don't know what I was thinking, saying I'd sue him. Sounds dumb. :P

Anyhow, thanks to our convoluted heirachy (I need to learn to spell that) system, Bob's boss was my boss today and I talked it over with him on break. The verdict is that Bob had no room to threaten me like that and will be talked to, as he wronged me when I didn't do anything wrong myself. I love it when people know how to listen.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2006, 02:08:57 am »

My small-ass town is like yours, in the school system. I've counted three coworkers who go to school with me, though, and one is a resort attendant and another is an arcade staffperson, so only one lifeguard is from my school, so it'll be quite slow getting back to Baraboo (I work in WI Dells, about 15 minutes in the other direction).

And yeah, I don't know what I was thinking, saying I'd sue him. Sounds dumb. :P

Anyhow, thanks to our convoluted heirachy (I need to learn to spell that) system, Bob's boss was my boss today and I talked it over with him on break. The verdict is that Bob had no room to threaten me like that and will be talked to, as he wronged me when I didn't do anything wrong myself. I love it when people know how to listen.

That's great.  Actually I think the best advice I could have given you (but didn't) would be to speak to his superior (whoever that is) in a polite and rational way about your situation.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2006, 04:06:27 am »
Well, the problem last night was that I thought that manager was as high as it gets, but apparently theres two levels of managers, which I learned in a conversation at school with a coworker. So yeah, as long as I stay on Brandon's good side I'm set. :)

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2006, 08:22:00 am »
If you can't handle a little shit from your managers at your minimum wage job at your age, you'll never make it in the working world. You should just give up now, depend on your parents, and do good in school so you can hopefully learn enough to be able to be self employed and survive off that. Hell, in that case, you could even sue yourself and win!
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2006, 02:51:55 pm »
If you can't handle a little shit from your managers at your minimum wage job at your age, you'll never make it in the working world. You should just give up now, depend on your parents, and do good in school so you can hopefully learn enough to be able to be self employed and survive off that. Hell, in that case, you could even sue yourself and win!

For your information, "NEXT TIME YOUR TERMINANTED" and "THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING" is not a little shit, and $8.00/hr isn't even close to minimal wage.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2006, 03:18:21 pm »

For your information, "NEXT TIME YOUR TERMINANTED" and "THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING" is not a little shit, and $8.00/hr isn't even close to minimal wage.
agreed