Author Topic: idea of rolling fresh  (Read 10446 times)

Offline Omen

• kill to believe..
    • View Profile
    • Dark 0men
idea of rolling fresh
« on: January 26, 2007, 05:35:47 pm »
Well I've been playing on Skullcrusher with a lvl 29 twink hunter and a 31 mage. I kinda been wanting to roll a human priest on a different server, maybe if some of you have a good server for alliance I'll roll on it. Let me know.

[Edit]Looking for a PvP server.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 05:42:22 pm by Priest.de »
- Omen of The Order
- Priest of Dark Elements

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: idea of rolling fresh
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 05:44:08 pm »
THUNDERLORDDDDDD.

EDIT -
Vindication (Battlegroup) has the worst Alliance queue times there are, period.

But don't let that deter you from rolling there! :P
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Omen

• kill to believe..
    • View Profile
    • Dark 0men
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 05:49:38 pm »
Okay, I'll check those out and see if they are in my timezone, etc... I won't do battlegrounds on this priest alot, I just like the idea that I can kill them while I'm running around.
- Omen of The Order
- Priest of Dark Elements

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 07:28:34 pm »
Maelstrom (RPPvP)
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 07:33:59 pm »
Thunderlord is in CST, which is (I believe) the forum default, since it's the same zone as Winnipeg and my area.

I've got a 61 Warlock (actively working towards 70, that mount is sexy) on there, Joetheodd. If you roll tonight and I'm not on him, I'll probably be on Shammypimp, my (obviously) Shaman.

If you want to roll horde I've got a 34 Undead Mage (also dubbed Joetheodd) on Cho'gall, but I log him on once every, eh, month or so. :P

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 07:41:00 pm »
Maelstrom (RPPvP)

Might as well say why, no? A lot of people from these forums play there in the (mostly) x86-Governed guild Darkwire.. which is apparently a somewhat leading and respected raiding guild. Probably because of my level 10 female (yes, sechksai) gnome mage, MightyMidget!

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 08:14:35 pm »
Maelstrom (RPPvP)

Might as well say why, no? A lot of people from these forums play there in the (mostly) x86-Governed guild Darkwire.. which is apparently a somewhat leading and respected raiding guild. Probably because of my level 10 female (yes, sechksai) gnome mage, MightyMidget!

You're behind. Darkwire is dead.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 08:27:02 pm »
Maelstrom (RPPvP)

Darkwire died long ago, back when Krazed transferred and Zero left the guild.  Warrior started a new guild ( Thousand Truths ) and I am also in it.

OH. And if you're looking for good PvP, the queue times in our battlegroup ( Shadowburn ) are extremely low ( generally < 5 minutes).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 08:30:10 pm by Furious »
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 01:57:40 am »
Maelstrom is a very good server for pvp I suggest rollin there. Plus like 6 of us play there. I x-fered becuase of stupid noobs that instance crawl with you and give you a bad name as you level so its hard to find parties.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 05:58:24 am »
I play on Balnazaar. The queue times are generally 10, to 15 minutes. Battlegrounds include every server, though. How does one server have better queue times than others?
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 08:56:40 am »
I play on Thunderlord, yet if you rolled on my server, I'd probably never talk to you, and I couldn't offer you a spot in my guild.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 10:24:56 am »
I play on Balnazaar. The queue times are generally 10, to 15 minutes. Battlegrounds include every server, though. How does one server have better queue times than others?

It's not every server. Theres certain battlegroups. About 10ish servers in one group, and they pvp with eachother, ya know? Anyway, I play on Auchindoune, or something like that. Brand new (came out with BC) EST pvp server. I'm hordeside, pst Troten if you want.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 12:19:09 pm »
Don't roll with Krazed. He switches servers more often than he switches underwear.

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 01:52:59 pm »
Don't roll with Krazed. He switches servers more often than he switches underwear.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 01:57:49 pm by ZeroX »
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2007, 07:11:21 pm »

It's not every server. Theres certain battlegroups. About 10ish servers in one group, and they pvp with eachother, ya know? Anyway, I play on Auchindoune, or something like that. Brand new (came out with BC) EST pvp server. I'm hordeside, pst Troten if you want.

I thought you said you were rolling on a PvE?

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2007, 01:28:19 am »
Does anyone play on Balnazaar, or know of anyone that does?

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2007, 03:22:27 pm »
Does anyone play on Balnazaar, or know of anyone that does?

Never heard of it.  :-X

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2007, 12:28:19 am »
I'm not too sure about WoW. I'm getting increasingly bored with it. I'm a level 43 shadow priest, with my mount. I'm currently doing Uldaman runs, and I hate the instance. Are the burning crusade bosses, and things, so interested that they're worth me playing the game even though I can barely stand to stare at it anymore? My only intention was to get to 60, initially, and fight the popular bosses that sound big and cool. I've seen a bunch of the new gear and stuff, and yeah it's cool - but is there anything different? Battlegrounds are boring and lame, to me. I've yet to be on a winning team. It's not like I don't do good, either. I'm always top 5, and usually top in honorable kills. Horde always owns Alliance though, at least on Arathi Basin. I don't know. I'm thinking about just canceling my account, the game seems like it's going nowhere and will just feel like "work" as somebody put it earlier. I sort of want to roll a new rogue, because they look sweet and fun, but I hear theyre bad in the end-game stuff.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 01:47:45 am »
I'm not too sure about WoW. I'm getting increasingly bored with it. I'm a level 43 shadow priest, with my mount. I'm currently doing Uldaman runs, and I hate the instance. Are the burning crusade bosses, and things, so interested that they're worth me playing the game even though I can barely stand to stare at it anymore? My only intention was to get to 60, initially, and fight the popular bosses that sound big and cool. I've seen a bunch of the new gear and stuff, and yeah it's cool - but is there anything different? Battlegrounds are boring and lame, to me. I've yet to be on a winning team. It's not like I don't do good, either. I'm always top 5, and usually top in honorable kills. Horde always owns Alliance though, at least on Arathi Basin. I don't know. I'm thinking about just canceling my account, the game seems like it's going nowhere and will just feel like "work" as somebody put it earlier. I sort of want to roll a new rogue, because they look sweet and fun, but I hear theyre bad in the end-game stuff.

Lay off it then.  I'm not telling you to not quit (it's usually for the best anyway...), but any game is easy to wear out if you play it as much as you have been...

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2007, 01:53:00 am »
@ warz
If you feel like you have to force yourself to play any video game, I recommend stopping. If it's no longer entertaining, what's the point in playing?  To see that one other boss? To get that next piece of gear?  To see the next area? If you're playing mainly for any of those, you've pretty much lost sight of what a game is supposed to be: fun.

Of course, this is just my opinion.  If a game is boring, I don't feel any need whatsoever to continue playing, and I've never understood why people will continue playing games they don't like.

On a side note, the problem with the battlegrounds, at least it sounds to me, is that everyone is too busy worrying about honorable kills.  When I played WoW, there were a few people doing this, and amazingly, once we decided to focus on winning, we did. It's not all about the honorable kills.  Also, don't you get more honor if your team actually wins?
errr... something like that...

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2007, 07:49:38 am »
Uldaman is a shitty instance.  Alliance NEVER uses strategy in battlegrounds.  Rogues are uber fun ( I've never done endgame ).

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007, 08:45:07 am »
Alliance NEVER uses strategy in battlegrounds.
I've always used strategy in BGs, and I'm alliance.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2007, 09:18:10 am »
Alliance NEVER uses strategy in battlegrounds.
Once in a while, they do.  At least, that was my experience.  Amazingly, once everyone decided that standing around having a good, old-fashioned street brawl trying to rack up honor kills wasn't the way to go, it was possible to win.  I can remember one game in particular.  We were down by two, and we came back and won it.  ;D
errr... something like that...

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2007, 09:32:04 am »
For the two posts above me:

Unless you're in a pre-made, the majority of the time the team does not use any strategy, or nobody listens to the leader.  The 50+ BGs I grinded @ 39 we won all of two or three ( AB ) and the same was with the 20ish WSGs I did.  People like to play superman and run off by themselves.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2007, 12:13:38 pm »
Uldaman is a shitty instance.  Alliance NEVER uses strategy in battlegrounds.  Rogues are uber fun ( I've never done endgame ).

The last 5 or so WSG games I've been in (all of which are PUGS.  in fact, I was the only one from my server in any of them), the alliance 3-capped the horde in under 30 minutes.  You're either exaggerating horribly or rediculously unlucky.  If someone actually takes the initiative to instruct, enough people usually listen -- especially if they're singled out. ;)

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2007, 12:57:06 pm »

The last 5 or so WSG games I've been in (all of which are PUGS.  in fact, I was the only one from my server in any of them), the alliance 3-capped the horde in under 30 minutes.  You're either exaggerating horribly or rediculously unlucky.  If someone actually takes the initiative to instruct, enough people usually listen -- especially if they're singled out. ;)

Feel free to ask Warrior or any others that play in our battlegroup and I'm positive they'll say the same thing I did.  WSG always goes smoother than AB, and if you read my response it implies that I had a better winning ratio in WSG over AB.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2007, 01:17:40 pm »
Feel free to ask Warrior or any others that play in our battlegroup and I'm positive they'll say the same thing I did.  WSG always goes smoother than AB, and if you read my response it implies that I had a better winning ratio in WSG over AB.

So what?  I'm tired of people bellyaching that PvP isn't worth it because alliance is full of idiots.  If it bothers you that much, do something about it.  Stay and guard a base in AB.  Yell at idiots in WSG.  Hell, you could even start a preform.  I did a bunch of preforms when I was pvping on my Rogue and it made all of the difference.

Even still, I'm fully aware that Alliance is generally less organized, less task-driven and more bumble headed, but that doesn't mean a few simple changes can effectively counteract these annoyances and it doesn't mean that Alliance "NEVER" uses strategy in battlegrounds.  I'm not saying that these measures will always work, but if you're that easily frustrated over it (I'm not saying that you are; I'm giving general advice here), there's always /afk. :P

Yesterday we won AB pretty much because there were three or four people that took the initiative to stay and guard bases.  When they stayed, it convinced the more bumble headed alliance that they should too.  I've seen leaders yell at the members to stay and guard the bases while they try to go solo-cap the blacksmith guarded by 6 horde.

PvP is an inevitably aggravating environment.  You'll have good games and you'll have games that make you want to stab your monitor with the nearest sharp object and quit.  It's simply important to remember that good games are possible.  It seriously makes massive difference if you take the advice of your common sense and chase the Horde's flag carrier instead of finishing off that level 31 Rogue so you get another killing blow.

In any case, warz, I'm in complete agreement with drake (though I feel I've elaborated a bit... :P) on all accounts.  If you're not having fun playing the game, then don't play it!  I felt a strange sense of attachment to the game when I was playing in the summer because I had a presence of obligation to the friends I'd made and the "commitments" I'd agreed to (raiding, etc).  NEVER turn the game into a job.  It'll take you down.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 01:20:08 pm by Sidoh »

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2007, 02:23:22 pm »

So what?  I'm tired of people bellyaching that PvP isn't worth it because alliance is full of idiots.  If it bothers you that much, do something about it.  Stay and guard a base in AB.  Yell at idiots in WSG.  Hell, you could even start a preform.  I did a bunch of preforms when I was pvping on my Rogue and it made all of the difference.

Even still, I'm fully aware that Alliance is generally less organized, less task-driven and more bumble headed, but that doesn't mean a few simple changes can effectively counteract these annoyances and it doesn't mean that Alliance "NEVER" uses strategy in battlegrounds.  I'm not saying that these measures will always work, but if you're that easily frustrated over it (I'm not saying that you are; I'm giving general advice here), there's always /afk. :P

Yesterday we won AB pretty much because there were three or four people that took the initiative to stay and guard bases.  When they stayed, it convinced the more bumble headed alliance that they should too.  I've seen leaders yell at the members to stay and guard the bases while they try to go solo-cap the blacksmith guarded by 6 horde.

PvP is an inevitably aggravating environment.  You'll have good games and you'll have games that make you want to stab your monitor with the nearest sharp object and quit.  It's simply important to remember that good games are possible.  It seriously makes massive difference if you take the advice of your common sense and chase the Horde's flag carrier instead of finishing off that level 31 Rogue so you get another killing blow.

In any case, warz, I'm in complete agreement with drake (though I feel I've elaborated a bit... :P) on all accounts.  If you're not having fun playing the game, then don't play it!  I felt a strange sense of attachment to the game when I was playing in the summer because I had a presence of obligation to the friends I'd made and the "commitments" I'd agreed to (raiding, etc).  NEVER turn the game into a job.  It'll take you down.

I don't "bellyache" because I still avidly PvP, nor did I say it wasn't worth it.  I don't PvP for the armor, or the weapons - I PvP because I enjoy it.  I was simply telling him that the majority of the Alliance will not listen.  It also depends on what bracket you're in, from what I understand the 50-59 bracket and the 60+ seem to be the most organized.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2007, 02:37:08 pm »
Well, honestly, I started playing because i wanted to see the badass armor, and the next bosses. :)

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2007, 03:18:13 pm »
Well, honestly, I started playing because i wanted to see the badass armor, and the next bosses. :)

:P

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2007, 04:18:32 pm »
I don't "bellyache" because I still avidly PvP, nor did I say it wasn't worth it.  I don't PvP for the armor, or the weapons - I PvP because I enjoy it.  I was simply telling him that the majority of the Alliance will not listen.  It also depends on what bracket you're in, from what I understand the 50-59 bracket and the 60+ seem to be the most organized.

I didn't accuse you of anything but bellyaching.  I'm pretty sure you were whining, but I can't say that I haven't too.

Unfortunately, if you play on Alliance, the organization increases dramatically for Horde in the higher brackets while it improves marginally for Alliance.  This obviously has a lot to do with the higher number of preforms that Horde have (and my perspective is based on playing in PUG's almost all of the time).

That's not a great reason to play a game.  You should play a game because its fun, not because it has shinies waiting for you after you play for 28 solid days.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2007, 06:29:15 pm »
haha, well the game isn't fun. you run around killing things. the game actually reminds of me grandmas boy, the movie. "well to save time, we can just use the same model for the bad guys in level 5 as we did in level 2, except render them blue instead of red." the game does this a lot. i run to new zones expecting to see some cool looking bad guys, but theyre the same as the newbie zone ones, only a different color. maybe im getting too old for these kind of games. i know tons of people play it with a wide age group, though. actually, i really never was a gamer anyways. lol. i liked first person shooters more :\

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2007, 07:03:29 pm »
You need to join an RP Server then. Make the game more than grinding/questing.

Btw: Ulda is a shitty instance, ZF makes it better. Once you're 43-44 see if people will take you to ZF. (For a priest they might, they are in high demand)

And yes, Alliance does suck at WSG. Although it's nothing we can't fix with good leadership or premades, it's pathetic.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2007, 07:31:11 pm »
haha, well the game isn't fun. you run around killing things. the game actually reminds of me grandmas boy, the movie. "well to save time, we can just use the same model for the bad guys in level 5 as we did in level 2, except render them blue instead of red." the game does this a lot. i run to new zones expecting to see some cool looking bad guys, but theyre the same as the newbie zone ones, only a different color. maybe im getting too old for these kind of games. i know tons of people play it with a wide age group, though. actually, i really never was a gamer anyways. lol. i liked first person shooters more :\

Then don't play the game! :)

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2007, 12:16:42 pm »

Then don't play the game! :)

Dont discourage him. The game dose lack alot of MOB skins just re colored and differnt names. But once you get higher alot of the things seem to be differnt looking espcially when you hit outland.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2007, 01:03:58 pm »
Dont discourage him. The game dose lack alot of MOB skins just re colored and differnt names. But once you get higher alot of the things seem to be differnt looking espcially when you hit outland.

That's a COMPLETELY subjective argument.  If he doesn't like the game, he shouldn't force himself to play it.