Author Topic: Sicko  (Read 3636 times)

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
Sicko
« on: December 07, 2007, 01:00:05 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sicko

Its a documentary by Michael Moore on the American health system. I am still very young being 17 myself and not needing to worry about health insurance, but after watching this film I must say that corruption and greed is such a huge problem in America and I can for see the USA going under in my life time and a new world power coming out on top. /china

Watching some of these stories of peoples health insurance nightmares was just horrifing. I wont get into details but people are dieing so these companies can get bigger profits. Some insurance companys even payed off government officals to pass a senior cetizon bill that would increase the going rates of medication. Bush included.

It is one of those rare films that will stick out to you long after you have watched it and move you to take charge and correct the flawed system of today.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
Re: Sicko
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 04:07:45 pm »
Isn't Michael Moore that guy that suffers from obesity, one of America's most prevalent health risks?
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 04:09:48 pm »
Isn't Michael Moore that guy that suffers from obesity, one of America's most prevalent health risks?

I thought he was that guy from that law firm about berries..

http://www.bassberry.com/mtmoore/ Him!
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 04:45:41 pm »
And that changes the validity of his arguments, somehow?

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 05:39:39 pm »
I didn't click the link, but if you want something horrible watch the movie Maxed Out.  It's a documentary about credit cards.  I watched it in my film class and it made me sick to my stomach.  Horrible what companies do.

http://www.maxedoutmovie.com/syn/index.html
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 06:37:13 pm »

That dosent change the fact that his argument isnt valid.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 06:42:47 pm »
I didn't mean it to, I just wanted to point out how ironic the situation is. I guess it's a bit off-topic.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 01:17:18 am »
I didn't mean it to, I just wanted to point out how ironic the situation is. I guess it's a bit off-topic.
Oh, sure, quote the crappier response. :P

I see a lot of people putting down MM (Michael Moore, not you) because they are afraid of his message, so they attack the man instead of the message. When somebody says something like what you did, I tend to assume that's what they're doing. :P

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 12:45:07 pm »

Its a documentary* by Michael Moore on the American health system. I am still very young being 17 myself and not needing to worry about health insurance, but after watching this film I must say that corruption and greed is such a huge problem in America and I can for see the USA going under in my life time and a new world power coming out on top. /china

Watching some of these stories of peoples health insurance nightmares was just horrifing. I wont get into details but people are dieing so these companies can get bigger profits. Some insurance companys even payed off government officals to pass a senior cetizon bill that would increase the going rates of medication. Bush included.

It is one of those rare films that will stick out to you long after you have watched it and move you to take charge and correct the flawed system of today.
His movies are propaganda pieces, not strict documentaries.

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 04:00:45 pm »

Its a documentary* by Michael Moore on the American health system. I am still very young being 17 myself and not needing to worry about health insurance, but after watching this film I must say that corruption and greed is such a huge problem in America and I can for see the USA going under in my life time and a new world power coming out on top. /china

His movies are propaganda pieces, not strict documentaries.

So you feel safe when going out and getting a HMO?
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 07:25:33 pm »
I won't argue that Michael Moore's movies don't have some very useful arguments or that they don't provide some compelling evidence for those points, but I think it's very important to take anything that's presented in the way that Moore presents his material with a grain of salt.  I would agree that his movies that I'm familiar with could accurately be classified as propaganda.  That doesn't mean that the evidence or points he makes are deliberately misleading, but it does mean that his stances include some level of bias and you shouldn't immediately accept anything he says.