Author Topic: Give yourself a Lasertoo!  (Read 6114 times)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Give yourself a Lasertoo!
« on: July 02, 2008, 06:52:43 pm »
It's like a tattoo, only with lasers instead of tat (wtf is tat?)!!
I think it's awesome.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Give yourself a Lasertoo!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 06:56:36 pm »
I know people that just flat out brand themselves.

If I'm gonna have a permanent mark on me it's gonna because I did something stupid, not something on purpose.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 12:32:26 am »
Is it permanent, or is it just a sun burn?

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 12:47:00 am »
Pfft.  I have nothing against tattoos.  It's your body, you should be able to do what you like.  I think a tattoo can be a good way to express yourself if it's personalize and unique to yourself.  If it describes you in some way and has personal meaning to you, it shouldn't matter.  It's like the clothing you wear, how you cut your hair, etc.  It expresses you.  I will agree though, that kid is stupid, and it's obvious he's not doing it for the said reasons.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 01:12:59 am »
Is it permanent, or is it just a sun burn?

It's not permanent.  It goes away in about a week and a bit.  :P
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 10:19:06 am »
Pfft.  I have nothing against tattoos.  It's your body, you should be able to do what you like.  I think a tattoo can be a good way to express yourself if it's personalize and unique to yourself.  If it describes you in some way and has personal meaning to you, it shouldn't matter.  It's like the clothing you wear, how you cut your hair, etc.  It expresses you.  I will agree though, that kid is stupid, and it's obvious he's not doing it for the said reasons.

Whoa, your name change confused me for the longest time :P

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 12:25:49 pm »
The main difference is, the clothing you wear and how you cut your hair can easily be changed. Tattoos, especially visible ones, not so much. That's my biggest concern -- a decision somebody makes at the local carnival (they had a tattooing booth at the Red River Ex here, which is a big carnival with rides and stuff) can affect you the rest of your life .

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 12:53:15 am »
The main difference is, the clothing you wear and how you cut your hair can easily be changed. Tattoos, especially visible ones, not so much. That's my biggest concern -- a decision somebody makes at the local carnival (they had a tattooing booth at the Red River Ex here, which is a big carnival with rides and stuff) can affect you the rest of your life .

Eh.  I understand why people are so uptight about tattoos.  That's why mine is where it won't affect me if I ever want to apply for a job that might look down upon such.  For instance, my tattoo is not visible if I have a collared shirt on, which I reasoned if I wanted to get a job at someplace that frowned upon visible tattoos and might discriminate... they probably also have a strict dress code.  So I'd be safe, as I'd likely be required to wear a collared shirt and tie anyways.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline wires

• Pwnage
  • x86
  • cocaine is fun!
    • View Profile
    • Weapon Of Mass Destruction
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 02:14:46 am »
I saw this on engadget.  Pretty awesome!

Seems like it would hurt like a bitch though. :P

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 12:13:07 pm »
Eh.  I understand why people are so uptight about tattoos.  That's why mine is where it won't affect me if I ever want to apply for a job that might look down upon such.  For instance, my tattoo is not visible if I have a collared shirt on, which I reasoned if I wanted to get a job at someplace that frowned upon visible tattoos and might discriminate... they probably also have a strict dress code.  So I'd be safe, as I'd likely be required to wear a collared shirt and tie anyways.
That makes sense, and I have no problem with it.

I actually have no problem with tattoos in general, I'm a fan of self-expression and freedom in tha sense, but I'm also aware of what the drawbacks could be.

So that being said.... pics?

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 12:30:07 am »

I actually have no problem with tattoos in general, I'm a fan of self-expression and freedom in tha sense, but I'm also aware of what the drawbacks could be.

I lol'd.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 12:40:43 am »

Look at his avatar?  :)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 10:35:57 am »
Haha, I had no idea that was a tattoo, I thought it was just distorted text. :)

On a related note, although being totally insane/retarded, this is pretty cool:
http://www.wackyarchives.com/bizarre/one-big-freakin-tattoo.html

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 07:19:48 pm »
Haha, I had no idea that was a tattoo, I thought it was just distorted text. :)

On a related note, although being totally insane/retarded, this is pretty cool:
http://www.wackyarchives.com/bizarre/one-big-freakin-tattoo.html

Holy shit... ouch.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 10:10:59 pm »
Haha, wow.  That's quite a tattoo.  :P
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...