Author Topic: I brought in the new year with...  (Read 17850 times)

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
Re: I brought in the new year with...
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2009, 08:44:45 pm »
No I did. It took me where I needed to go at a certain point in my life and allowed me to realize several things about myself and the world, both good and bad. It's just gone as far as it can go for now, and I need to refocus myself on other things and new hobbies that I've taken up.

I'm not being sarcastic...
Where did you need to go in your life, and how did pot take you there?  Also, what did pot allow you to realize about yourself and the world?

Just curious.

Self-realization led to maturity. I've made several life changes and life-changing decisions lately. I feel no need to prove myself to you though.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2009, 09:03:55 pm »
No I did. It took me where I needed to go at a certain point in my life and allowed me to realize several things about myself and the world, both good and bad. It's just gone as far as it can go for now, and I need to refocus myself on other things and new hobbies that I've taken up.

Where did you need to go in your life, and how did pot take you there?  Also, what did pot allow you to realize about yourself and the world?

Just curious.

Self-realization led to maturity. I've made several life changes and life-changing decisions lately. I feel no need to prove myself to you though.

That's cool, man.  Good for you.

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2009, 09:13:17 pm »

Just curious.

That's cool, man.  Good for you.

Thanks. My decision to quit is in no way a reflection of my opinion of marijuana, I think it is a very useful and enlightening drug, when used for the right purposes (like what I used it for.) I was never the kind of person who wanted to smoke and then play video games and eat Twinkies. I talked about philosophy, nature, business, etc. It's led me to several ideas and realizations about the world, the type of person I am, the things I can do, etc. But it's a double edged sword, because it can slow down even the most motivated of people. No matter how good the ideas you come up with are, nor how confident you are in yourself or your abilities, you can't accomplish things if you're just sitting around talking about them.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2009, 09:16:10 pm »
I didn't mean to patronize who you used to be or whatever, by the way.  Honestly, I have very little problem with recreational use of Marijuana.  About the only meaningful reason I care to stay away from it is because it's in my best interest to have a "clean record".

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2009, 10:38:42 pm »

Just curious.

That's not a real answer.  It's just a vague statement and then a defensive sentiment.

Offline c0nfu53d

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2009, 04:57:21 am »

Just curious.

That's not a real answer.  It's just a vague statement and then a defensive sentiment.

Here we go with the anti-marijuana guy. Still going to vaguely state how marijuana is an insidiously dangerous substance?

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2009, 07:56:45 am »

Just curious.

Sorry to disappoint you then.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2009, 02:50:49 pm »

Just curious.

Here we go with the anti-marijuana guy. Still going to vaguely state how marijuana is an insidiously dangerous substance?

It just wasn't a real answer.  Someone making undisclosed life changing decisions within a proximity of smoking pot doesn't tell me anything about the substance.  It just says nothing.  It's not useful information.  I'm not even trying to make judgements on whether the side effects are good or bad -- that's always debatable -- but it would be nice to hear about how the drug has supposedly changed people.  Unfortunately, I know nothing more than I did before about pot.  And don't assume I haven't smoked it. 

Also, I don't care if you smoke pot, c0n.  And I don't need to say anything about insidiously dangerous substances: you do it all for me, without even trying.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 02:59:09 pm by Rule »

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2009, 06:42:48 pm »
The thing is, your life isn't really affected if I tell you the life changes I've made or not. I don't even know why you care.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2009, 07:53:59 pm »
The thing is, your life isn't really affected if I tell you the life changes I've made or not. I don't even know why you care.

It isn't that important.  But you chose to make a comment about how pot had done all these remarkable things in your life.  So isn't "what?" a pretty natural question?  Forget it, since substantiating what you said seems to be such a trouble.  It's not that important to me.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 07:55:37 pm by Rule »