Author Topic: Avatar  (Read 11024 times)

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« on: December 23, 2009, 07:34:18 pm »
I highly recommend it. and it is by far one of the best movies I have watched.
has some romance and action.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499549/
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 11:33:28 pm by Rupert »

Offline Ribose

• Huh¿
    • View Profile
    • home
Re: The Avatar
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 11:00:20 pm »
I loved it. I never watch movies within the first few days of release, but for some reason I did this time and I don't regret it...
~Ribose

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
Re: Avatar
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 02:52:06 am »
My family wants to see this xmas day. I think its a good choice

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 10:14:19 am »
My family wants to see this xmas day. I think its a good choice
really good choice.

Offline rabbit

• I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 11:39:03 pm »
Saw it earlier today.  Baller movie.
[spoiler]Basically, it's like this: the blue dudes are like Zerg combined with Night Elves with the religion of the Native Americans.  The humans are basically Blackwater with Goliaths and Banshees.  The planet they are on is actually a moon, and every living thing is connected/connectable to an Overmind like entity which they don't explain in depth.  And at the end the Overmind calls out Ultralisks and a metric fuckton of Scourgalisks (They look like Mutalisks kind of, but don't shoot anything.  They go in for melee but don't explode).[/spoiler]

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 12:32:39 am »
Saw it earlier today.  Baller movie.
[spoiler]Basically, it's like this: the blue dudes are like Zerg combined with Night Elves with the religion of the Native Americans.  The humans are basically Blackwater with Goliaths and Banshees.  The planet they are on is actually a moon, and every living thing is connected/connectable to an Overmind like entity which they don't explain in depth.  And at the end the Overmind calls out Ultralisks and a metric fuckton of Scourgalisks (They look like Mutalisks kind of, but don't shoot anything.  They go in for melee but don't explode).[/spoiler]

lol.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Ribose

• Huh¿
    • View Profile
    • home
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 12:14:02 pm »
Saw it earlier today.  Baller movie.
[spoiler]Basically, it's like this: the blue dudes are like Zerg combined with Night Elves with the religion of the Native Americans.  The humans are basically Blackwater with Goliaths and Banshees.  The planet they are on is actually a moon, and every living thing is connected/connectable to an Overmind like entity which they don't explain in depth.  And at the end the Overmind calls out Ultralisks and a metric fuckton of Scourgalisks (They look like Mutalisks kind of, but don't shoot anything.  They go in for melee but don't explode).[/spoiler]
I thought immediately of night elves when I saw them, but my thoughts never wandered into what Blizzard creations everything resembled so in-depth.
~Ribose

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 11:48:34 pm »
I had some halo flashbacks with those fucking planes lol.

GREAT movie.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 06:42:06 pm »
I had some halo flashbacks with those fucking planes lol.

GREAT movie.

yea theyre straight rip offs of the halo planes
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2009, 07:50:06 pm »
This movie was awesome. I saw it in IMAX 3D which made it even better. Great message, emotional, family friendly, and visually stunning.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 02:03:52 am »
This movie was awesome. I saw it in IMAX 3D which made it even better. Great message, emotional, family friendly, and visually stunning.
I personally disliked the negative connotation they associated with the military, there were definite undertones of that.

Offline rabbit

• I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 08:28:20 am »
I personally disliked the negative connotation they associated with the military, there were definite undertones of that.
It wasn't negative connotations about the military, it was negative connotations about a corporate entity controlling a private army (like my spoiler said Blackwater).  Imagine if Blackwater was only interested in certain parts of Iraq because there was a massive oil field filled with diamonds and gold sitting directly under Bhahghdhahahdh.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 12:53:44 pm »
It wasn't negative connotations about the military, it was negative connotations about a corporate entity controlling a private army (like my spoiler said Blackwater).  Imagine if Blackwater was only interested in certain parts of Iraq because there was a massive oil field filled with diamonds and gold sitting directly under Bhahghdhahahdh.
Yeah, it did that, but you can't tell me that doesn't also reflect negatively on the military

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 01:46:53 pm »
It wasn't negative connotations about the military, it was negative connotations about a corporate entity controlling a private army (like my spoiler said Blackwater).  Imagine if Blackwater was only interested in certain parts of Iraq because there was a massive oil field filled with diamonds and gold sitting directly under Bhahghdhahahdh.
Yeah, it did that, but you can't tell me that doesn't also reflect negatively on the military
Don't be so sensitive, pansy! Corporate controlled military sucks ass.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 02:03:11 pm by Armin »
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 02:07:50 pm »
[spoiler]I saw it in 3D.  It would have been cool to see in IMAX 3D.  I thought it was a nice movie, but honestly, it wasn't a great movie.  I liked it, I liked the message, I liked the story, and I liked the effects... but it just wasn't brilliant.  The love interest wasn't developed, and in general, character development and content were not that high.  It can't be compared to The Godfather, Blade Runner, or other movies of that calibre.[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 02:09:30 pm by Rule »