Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1757244 times)

Offline SNiFFeR

• Sexy
    • View Profile
    • k
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #7005 on: December 17, 2008, 11:49:49 am »
just assuming the entire job description is riding around with your sirens on and eating donuts?

mmm sounds like my kind of job.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #7006 on: December 17, 2008, 03:33:39 pm »
You are obviously right, the ability to write at a College level, a stronger understanding of the justice system, or even minute benefit from a public speaking or economics class wouldn't help his career at all.  Oh wait...

Do you even know what a police officer does or are you just assuming the entire job description is riding around with your sirens on and eating donuts?

Its more than that.
but I want to experience the justice system on a hands on approach. and the material i am going to need is going to be taught to me at the acadamy.
and as a cadet i will not be doing patrol i will be at the courts, juvenile detentions, and a variety of other locations.
I am not bashing school or whatever but i don't think it is the right thing for me.
Sure for you guys it may be the right thing, you guys are genius', but i am just some guy that has an ambition to become an officer.
If it was not this I would be going to the marines, but i would rather stay close to home.
I think you mistook my hostility as being directed at you.  It was not.  I would encourage you to pursue some kind of academic career to broaden your perspective on a variety of issues and to help you hone some valuable life skills, regardless of profession.  I hear a lot of people say that school isn't the right thing for them and I think what that really means is they didn't like high school.  A post-secondary education can take a variety of forms. It doesn't need to mirror the traditional 4 year, full time university student that pumps out a degree as an extension of high school and then decides what to do with their life.

Take a year off, fine.  Explore some possibilities and get your feet wet, fine. Don't give up on a higher education just because you think you aren't as smart as other people.  If you have a strong ambition to be a police officer, find some role models and find out what they have done or get some advice from people actually in the field on how to succeed.  I don't believe for a minute that your entire police officer ambition is to be doing night patrols for the next 40 years.

Offline topaz~

• View Profile
« Reply #7007 on: December 17, 2008, 03:47:44 pm »
gahahahahah second semester senior

later niggas.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7008 on: December 17, 2008, 04:45:09 pm »
yeah, you suck.

just a little.

Some southern gentleman you are, riding on daddy's wealth. It's a shame you're all too transparent. :(

I don't even know who you are, but if you have something to say about me, say it.

Ok, although it won't be anything you haven't heard before. You're a pretentious, naive prick who knows very little about the world except for that which was given to you on a silver platter. Additionally, you seem to lack any sense of humbility, which is what irks me the most.

That's all I've got, but thanks for letting me rant as well as taking it with stride. :)

You seem to talk a lot about maturity, humility* and all those things. It vexes me.

random comment

That it should.
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7009 on: December 17, 2008, 10:20:48 pm »
Rupert, you should talk to someone at your local police station and arrange an interview with someone high-up (so that he knows what he's talking about) and ask him what qualifications are desirable and helpful for your career interest. For instance, ask him what the advantages and disadvantages are of going to college first, like whether you'd get a higher salary, more opportunities, etc.

This is the only rational solution, and you should do it ASAP, if you haven't done it already.

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #7010 on: December 17, 2008, 11:04:42 pm »
I have ender and i am recieving all sorts of comments. some say go to college others say more experience.
the benefits to school do not occur until you are promoted to stage 5 which take about 5 years on the force to achieve. I have talked to some guys in detective work and they suggest school but i have also talked to guys in specialized units who say getting a feel for the force will help you get recognized and promoted faster. but i mean school will always be there if i choose to go back.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #7011 on: December 17, 2008, 11:11:58 pm »
I would urge you to decide whether to do the school bit before diving in head first.  Most people that plan on going back do not.

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7012 on: December 17, 2008, 11:35:48 pm »
yeah, you suck.

just a little.

Some southern gentleman you are, riding on daddy's wealth. It's a shame you're all too transparent. :(

I don't even know who you are, but if you have something to say about me, say it.

Ok, although it won't be anything you haven't heard before. You're a pretentious, naive prick who knows very little about the world except for that which was given to you on a silver platter. Additionally, you seem to lack any sense of humbility, which is what irks me the most.

That's all I've got, but thanks for letting me rant as well as taking it with stride. :)

Oh, okay, that clears it up.  ::)
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7013 on: December 18, 2008, 01:14:02 am »
Glad that I was able to calls 'em like I sees 'em. I'm a whale biologist.
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7014 on: December 18, 2008, 01:28:53 am »
I'm in Grenada. It's sweet! I have been swimming in the Caribbean sea (maybe it's technically the Atlantic ocean?) for the past few days and it's wonderful. :D here are some pictures.

Crazy Blue and Gold Macaw

Full view of it's tail.

Me and Macaw.

Some sun sets.

[Edit] you can see the ocean in the background in the pictures with the macaw.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 01:33:19 am by Super_X »

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7015 on: December 18, 2008, 04:04:49 am »
Mmm. May have done terribly at math, but got a B+ in honors physics. Brings it up to a 3.33 GPA. Not too shabby, and I can easily pull that up higher.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #7016 on: December 18, 2008, 10:46:41 am »
I'm in Grenada. It's sweet! I have been swimming in the Caribbean sea (maybe it's technically the Atlantic ocean?) for the past few days and it's wonderful. :D here are some pictures.

in picture #3 at first glance i thought it was trust.
then i thought of ender because of the parrot.
:(

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #7017 on: December 18, 2008, 11:59:09 am »
From qdb,
<TerrorBite> Parse error: parse error, unexpected spanish inquisition in /var/www/index.php on line 51
<NotoriousOIT> bwaha
<kazin> I'm sure the author wasn't expecting that.
Programming and a Monty Python reference, <3.

*Dramatic chord*

Offline topaz~

• View Profile
« Reply #7018 on: December 18, 2008, 06:57:22 pm »
Mmm. May have done terribly at math, but got a B+ in honors physics. Brings it up to a 3.33 GPA. Not too shabby, and I can easily pull that up higher.
rofl. 3.33 GPA

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7019 on: December 18, 2008, 07:30:20 pm »
rofl. 3.33 GPA

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Next slipup and I just ban you outright since I really don't care for you anymore.

Try me. Nobody wants you here, and I don't care where you end up for college or how high your GPA is.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT.