Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1759148 times)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #8250 on: September 26, 2009, 10:43:51 pm »
I saw Surrogates today, it was really good.  Basically, this guy invents "surrogates", very human like robots controlled remotely by a neural interface.  Almost the entire world gets them, and people start living through their surrogates, who suffer no illness and are always in perfect health.  There are the people who refuse to use surrogates at all, and are basically treated like Native Americans (IE: they live on sovereign reservations around the US [I guess the world too]).

Offline Tuberload

• Neophyte
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8251 on: September 26, 2009, 11:58:36 pm »
I saw that Tim Burton(?) cartoon today called 9. I like cartoons/animated movies most of the time. I can't say it was the best movie I've ever seen but it was good.

I also bought my first pair of slacks, dress shirt, and a tie for the first time in probably five or six years. I'm still working on the tie. It either comes out long, short, or without the nice little dimple.
I am prepared to be ridiculed for what I believe, are you?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8252 on: September 27, 2009, 12:11:06 am »
I also bought my first pair of slacks, dress shirt, and a tie for the first time in probably five or six years. I'm still working on the tie. It either comes out long, short, or without the nice little dimple.
I've owned 2 ties in my life. Both, I got somebody else to tie, and to this day I haven't untied either. :D

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8253 on: September 27, 2009, 12:28:35 am »
I've owned 2 ties in my life. Both, I got somebody else to tie, and to this day I haven't untied either. :D

Haha, I don't own that many ties either... two or three, I think.  I do know how to tie them the simple way, though.  You probably don't have to dress up that often, but it's sort of handy to know how to tie them when you do.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8254 on: September 27, 2009, 12:33:37 am »

Haha, I don't own that many ties either... two or three, I think.  I do know how to tie them the simple way, though.  You probably don't have to dress up that often, but it's sort of handy to know how to tie them when you do.
I wear ties for weddings, funerals, and interviews. :D

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8255 on: September 27, 2009, 01:06:52 am »
I own probably a dozen ties, 20-25 dress shirts, a few pairs of pants, and a couple suits.
<3 dressing up
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8256 on: September 27, 2009, 10:08:02 am »
I own probably a dozen ties, 20-25 dress shirts, a few pairs of pants, and a couple suits.
<3 dressing up
All I wear are dress shirts, pants, and suits. Unless I'm chilling at night / working out. Then I'm in clothes you'd work out in. lol

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8257 on: September 27, 2009, 05:05:08 pm »
<3 dressing up
All I wear are dress shirts, pants, and suits. Unless I'm chilling at night / working out. Then I'm in clothes you'd work out in. lol

Nowadays I pretty much only ever wear dress pants, shirts, and suits.  Even on casual Fridays I normally just dress like I do every other day of the week.  If I'm going out or running errands on weekends, I wear casual clothes.  But if when I come home from work or am staying in on the weekend, I normally just roam around in my birthday suit.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8258 on: September 27, 2009, 08:03:33 pm »
So I woke up today at 10am. Drunk. Walked home. Puked everywhere about halfway through walking. Went back to sleep. Just woke up now. Still woozy.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Tuberload

• Neophyte
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8259 on: September 28, 2009, 12:29:02 am »
So I woke up today at 10am. Drunk. Walked home. Puked everywhere about halfway through walking. Went back to sleep. Just woke up now. Still woozy.

I can say I don't miss those days.  :P
I am prepared to be ridiculed for what I believe, are you?

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8260 on: September 28, 2009, 03:56:18 am »

Dude, don't drink until you vomit. It's just... meh. I drink pretty frequently (I probably drink three or four days a week), but I rarely exceed 2-3 drinks, so I don't have to deal with throwing up or having a hangover. And at parties I pace myself -- I may have 5 or 6 in the course of a party, but only over a period of like 3 or 4 hours.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8261 on: September 28, 2009, 08:39:38 am »

Dude, don't drink until you vomit. It's just... meh. I drink pretty frequently (I probably drink three or four days a week), but I rarely exceed 2-3 drinks, so I don't have to deal with throwing up or having a hangover. And at parties I pace myself -- I may have 5 or 6 in the course of a party, but only over a period of like 3 or 4 hours.

Obviously, you suck at college.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8262 on: September 28, 2009, 11:34:11 am »

Usually 4 shots and a tall can of beer don't put me out. I'm pretty sure I tried drinking Sailor Jerry's later the evening, and it went up my nose and got absorbed into the bloodstream rapidly, which is why I suddenly woke up on a coach at 10am drunk!
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8263 on: September 28, 2009, 11:36:06 am »

Usually 4 shots and a tall can of beer don't put me out. I'm pretty sure I tried drinking Sailor Jerry's later the evening, and it went up my nose and got absorbed into the bloodstream rapidly, which is why I suddenly woke up on a coach at 10am drunk!
You woke up on a coach!? Where were you headed? Was it a train coach, or pulled by a horse?

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8264 on: September 28, 2009, 12:36:10 pm »
He meant couch.
Ain't Life Grand?