Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 24431 times)

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 02:59:15 pm »
Barbarians are the weakest class in the game right now.  I can either not kill act1 inferno champion mobs, or it will take 5 minutes.  Basically I'm only good for taking damage and I can't really play do any solo play unless I just want to progress in the story.  Also I pretty much can't do *anything* in act2 inferno.  Good times.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 03:16:13 pm »
Barbarians are the weakest class in the game right now.  I can either not kill act1 inferno champion mobs, or it will take 5 minutes.  Basically I'm only good for taking damage and I can't really play do any solo play unless I just want to progress in the story.  Also I pretty much can't do *anything* in act2 inferno.  Good times.
Eh, this is roughly my experience with a wizard as well. I think it is just stupid hard unless you were using one of the cheesy builds they just hotfixed to not work.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 04:23:39 pm »
35 monk a1 nm even though I beat a1 nm (wtf blizzard?)
I have amazing tank and fantastically bad dps.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 04:04:02 am »
35 monk a1 nm even though I beat a1 nm (wtf blizzard?)
Wow.  You just destroyed the English language more than Twitter.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2012, 10:39:34 am »
I did not.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 08:33:11 am »
Sitting at NM Diablo on my 46 ( I think ) DH.  My gear is pretty bad and he pretty much one shots me if I mess up at all.

:(
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 12:07:50 pm »
You're not supposed to be on Diablo until 50.  You don't even get to unlock Hell until 50.  So dumb.

And the drops in Hell A1 are vastly superior to the drops in NM A4, for no apparent reason.  I went from finding 100dps weapons in NM to finding 300 dps weapons in hell.  The jump is far greater than Norm->NM, and from what I'm told it's even bigger Hell->Inferno.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 03:07:16 pm »
You're not supposed to be on Diablo until 50.  You don't even get to unlock Hell until 50.  So dumb.

And the drops in Hell A1 are vastly superior to the drops in NM A4, for no apparent reason.  I went from finding 100dps weapons in NM to finding 300 dps weapons in hell.  The jump is far greater than Norm->NM, and from what I'm told it's even bigger Hell->Inferno.

AFAIK, here's how the tiers of gear work:

Normal
Nightmare
Hell
Inferno Act1
Inferno Act2
Inferno Act3
Inferno Act4

You have the highest chance to get loot from the current tier you are in, but you also have a small chance to get gear from one higher or lower from you current tier.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 03:40:28 pm »
Do they have 1 week free trials for this game yet? I'd like to toy around with it when I get some free time in the near future.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 03:44:43 pm »
Yes, but you can only play up until the skeleton king, which is roughly an hour or two of play.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 01:06:42 am »

AFAIK, here's how the tiers of gear work:

Normal
Nightmare
Hell
Inferno Act1
Inferno Act2
Inferno Act3
Inferno Act4

You have the highest chance to get loot from the current tier you are in, but you also have a small chance to get gear from one higher or lower from you current tier.
Pretty sure drops are tied to monster level which in inferno is 61 in Act 1, 62 in Act 2 and 63 in Acts 3 and 4. In the lower difficulties monster levels vary across the act, presumably roughly with the expected leveling curve.

Also, I've basically hit a wall with act 3 inferno. Running in circles praying not to get 1 shot when you try to hurt things is only so much fun :(
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 01:12:18 am by Hitmen »
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2012, 04:24:54 pm »

Ended up hitting 50 and waiting on my brother ( plays a Monk ) to catch up.  We ended up two manning and downed Diablo first time around.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 06:50:59 pm »
Almost to 60 on the wizard. I'm in A3 of Hell (previously I said I was in Hell - I meant, of course, Nightmare).

It's definitely getting more challenging, but that's great. Normal/Nightmare was a bit of a joke. It required almost no strategizing.

I'm at something like 50K health (which is probably pretty pitiful), and nearly 20K damage (which is probably not all that pitiful all things considered).

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 09:12:48 pm »
I'm A2 hell with 2.5k damage/20k health, and I'm having trouble, but I can find no gear at all to increase my damage without severely impacting my health, and vice versa (ie, +200 damage for -4k hp)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2012, 02:18:24 am »
Are you using the auction house? Are you a barb?

The best thing you can do for damage is a weapon, regardless of your class. As you probably know, spell damage is based on weapon damage.

I should say that I'm just recently in A3 - e.g., just beat Belial.