Author Topic: Question..  (Read 7597 times)

Offline Distant.Echo

• Hi! I'm new!
    • View Profile
Question..
« on: October 25, 2005, 04:11:27 pm »
I hope this is in the right place..and I hope I don't get banned for asking this..

If you have a Windows XP disc, is there a specific file that you can delete or alter to disable key activation.
Also, is there a file to fool the authentication check that Microsoft puts on their site?

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Question..
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 05:18:29 pm »
This is highly illegal. Instead of trashing it, I'll let others decide whether or not this should be trashed, and I'll put this in security, since it involves breaking a product's security measures. :P
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 12:26:24 am »
Talking about this isn't illegal.  But if MS sends me a C&D order, I'll delete this thread.  Otherwise, it's fine.  Let's not pursue this side of it any longer :P

I'm not aware of any technique to do this, but I'm sure it's possible.  Maybe others can offer more insight. 

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 12:55:56 am »
Just from installation from the CD, there is no way to manually delete a particular file or process to prevent the initial authorization of the WIndows XP serial. There are a few algorithms present on the internet today which can generate a working multi-install key for the Professional Edition, if I recall correctly.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Eric

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 01:24:22 am »
* Lord[nK] notes that the Corporate edition does not require activation.

Offline Eric

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 01:25:08 am »
There are a few algorithms present on the internet today which can generate a working multi-install key for the Professional Edition, if I recall correctly.

Yes, however they do not pass activation.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 06:10:32 am »
I'm next to positive theres a crack out there somewhere that simply disables checking if your key is activated.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Distant.Echo

• Hi! I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 08:14:13 am »
* Lord[nK] notes that the Corporate edition does not require activation.

Not everyone can afford or..um, aquire that edition.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 08:46:18 am »
If you can't afford to have Windows legally, you shouldn't have it.  *pokes Linux*

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005, 04:21:03 pm »
If you can't afford to have Windows legally, you shouldn't have it. *pokes Linux*
Or, if you can, you don't need to really.. waste three hundred dollars for an OS. Who the hell has that kind of money?  I'd rather save up with that $300 and get like.. Flash or something.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2005, 07:30:34 pm »
Yet, everybody still uses Windows.  I don't understand why, though.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2005, 08:53:10 pm »
I hope this is in the right place..and I hope I don't get banned for asking this..

If you have a Windows XP disc, is there a specific file that you can delete or alter to disable key activation.
Also, is there a file to fool the authentication check that Microsoft puts on their site?
Ask the people who made WINE... they fooled the authentication check o_O
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2005, 10:49:35 pm »

Lack of minimal computer knowledge that Windows has nullified in being a necessity to operating a computer.

I think tmp sarcastically said it best (in reference to someone having difficulty getting X/*nix working/installed): "It's pretty hard when you have to know what your computer is made of and what it does in order to get something working!"
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 10:52:15 pm by Newby »
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2005, 11:13:05 pm »

Lack of minimal computer knowledge that Windows has nullified in being a necessity to operating a computer.

People would rather pay the $300 instead of spending some time learning?

And yet, people are forced to buy Windows XP when they buy a new computer, most of the time.  Is that fair at all?

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2005, 11:23:53 pm »
Yet, everybody still uses Windows. I don't understand why, though.

People would rather pay the $300 instead of spending some time learning?

And yet, people are forced to buy Windows XP when they buy a new computer, most of the time. Is that fair at all?

Not always. You can get most desktop packages without an OS. And you always have the opportunity to get a Mac.

Of course, if you have the time to spend learning how to use Linux, you can also learn how to build your own, cost-efficient computer with everything you need, and therefore have a place to install your operating system of choice.

Time is the issue here: most businesses that run on Windows do not have the time or money to train every computer users how to use Linux, even if it would save their IT people many-a-headache. Sometimes the quickest way isn't always the best way, but in such a demanding economy, it may be the only option.

If this is the inappropriate thread to debate this, someone can feel free to split these posts into a seperate discussion over the situation.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 11:26:19 pm by Quik »
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny