Author Topic: Scary Moment  (Read 10944 times)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: Scary Moment
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2005, 08:08:25 pm »
I didn't like it much.  It didn't really go anywhere, and there weren't a lot of surprises or twists, it was all pretty predictable.  It could have been a lot better, I thought. 

I didn't think it sucked, though. 

Haha.  It was a lot better than The Ring 2, I'll tell you that much...
Well that's because the American versions suck.  You have to see Ringu 2 or Rasen (both are sequels...yes, both are different movies but are both second), or The Ring Virus 2 (Korean).  They are both infinitely better than the American ones.

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2005, 08:13:23 pm »
@blaze: when I visit my parents and use the computer in the basement, the monitor will distort from the interference just before a call (if my phone is near it)

That's because your monitor is CRT. Mine does the same thing, but obviously not my LCD. Try putting a magnet next to your CRT ;)
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2005, 08:31:16 pm »
All of the above movies mentioned did not suck. They were all quite good. I even enjoyed The Ring 2.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2005, 08:38:35 pm »
All of the above movies mentioned did not suck. They were all quite good. I even enjoyed The Ring 2.

Haha, maybe its because I wasn't following it.  I was messing around with my friends half of the time, haha.  We were usually making fun of the movie.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2005, 09:31:00 pm »
Blaze, your van rings before your phone does? Hm, you must be using a 266SX. </lameattemptathumor>
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2005, 10:05:43 pm »

There is a Korean movie called "Janghwa, Hongryeon" (aka A Tale of Two Sisters) that could easily be the prequel to the Ring. It was well done though, and the Ring wasn't.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2005, 10:08:57 pm »
There is a Korean movie called "Janghwa, Hongryeon" (aka A Tale of Two Sisters) that could easily be the prequel to the Ring. It was well done though, and the Ring wasn't.

I hate watching movies with subtitles, though.  I'm not much of a movie buff to begin with.  If I have to read while watching a movie, FUCK IT! :)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2005, 10:59:18 pm »

I hate watching movies with subtitles, though.  I'm not much of a movie buff to begin with.  If I have to read while watching a movie, FUCK IT! :)

I fully agree!  We had a discussion about Subtitles on vL a long time ago, and about how much I hate them. 

I'd rather have somewhat poor voice acting than good subtitles. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2005, 11:01:41 pm »
I fully agree!  We had a discussion about Subtitles on vL a long time ago, and about how much I hate them. 

I'd rather have somewhat poor voice acting than good subtitles. 

Hehe.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2005, 11:22:46 pm »
I prefer subtitles.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2005, 11:26:52 pm »
Do you watch Anime in the original language?

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2005, 01:28:48 am »
Yes I do, to me, it sounds more natural with original expression that was meant to be there. Dubs in English when they finally get here are butchered and censored to fit little kiddies. There was an article about bringing anime from Japan to the US and the editing that needs to be done. Anyways, I usually watch quality subs, though speedsubs are usually better than dubs anyways :/
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2005, 01:32:40 am »
Yes I do, to me, it sounds more natural with original expression that was meant to be there. Dubs in English when they finally get here are butchered and censored to fit little kiddies. There was an article about bringing anime from Japan to the US and the editing that needs to be done. Anyways, I usually watch quality subs, though speedsubs are usually better than dubs anyways :/

My friend (foreign exchange student from China) watches a lot of anime.  I'm not sure which ones, but he's pretty in to them.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2005, 07:58:38 am »
Can't you understand it anyhow, Ergot? You're a sepecial case. =p
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2005, 01:02:05 pm »
Can't you understand it anyhow, Ergot? You're a sepecial case. =p

Almost all anime is in Japanese, not Chinese.