Author Topic: <3 America  (Read 5301 times)

Offline TeHFoOoL

• View Profile
<3 America
« on: February 15, 2006, 12:20:31 am »
Here's a story that completely boosts my confidence in America's law system and the brilliant minds of the hard-working lawyers and terrific judges.

It goes something like this:

A suscpicious-looking man is looming around in a neighborhood. He silently breaks into a house and starts to leave with the family's T.V. Luckily, the family's dog was there and attacked the burglar, and bit him. In order to get away from the dog, he jumped out of the window, which cut him up even more. Before anything else, the theif sues the family because the dog attacked him.

Hey, the dog did attack him. That's a big no-no. Especially since he was only STEALING THEIR PROPERTY.

Guess what? His case won.

Can't fool a FoOoL

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
Re: <3 America
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 12:22:43 am »
... we are retards.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 12:31:04 am »
A burguler tries to break into a home from the skylight, trips, breaks-through and sues the family for a broken back for several millions of dollars.  Oh, Canada...
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 12:32:29 am »
W.. T.. F..

Offline TeHFoOoL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 12:39:29 am »
Yeah that one too. ;X

Can't fool a FoOoL

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 12:56:20 am »
That can't be true... it's made up.

I checked out snopes.com and couldn't find that exact article, but these sorts of things are often adaptations when they even appear slightly similar:

http://www.snopes.com/legal/lawsuits.asp :
3. October 1998: A Terrence Dickson of Bristol Pennsylvania was exiting a house he finished robbing by way of the garage. He was not able to get the garage door to go up, because the automatic door opener was malfunctioning. He couldn't re-enter the house because the door connecting the house and garage locked when he pulled it shut. The family was on vacation, so Mr. Dickson found himself locked in the garage for eight days. He subsisted on a case of Pepsi he found, and a large bag of dry dog food. This upset Mr. Dickson, so he sued the homeowner's insurance claiming the situation caused him undue mental anguish. The jury agreed to the tune of half a million dollars and change.

Offline TeHFoOoL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 01:16:11 am »
All I remember is my teacher telling me it, reading it off of some magazine.

And with the amount of corruption that goes on in the court, I really can't be THAT surprised..
Maybe I can. But HOKAY?

Can't fool a FoOoL

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 01:36:00 am »
All I remember is my teacher telling me it, reading it off of some magazine.

And with the amount of corruption that goes on in the court, I really can't be THAT surprised..
Maybe I can. But HOKAY?

It's too illogical.  He's suing a family for being attacked by a dog on the people's perimeter.  That, alone, is enough to convince me this is a bunch of bullshit.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 09:05:23 am »
Hehehehe. Snopes can't be wrong! :)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 11:35:38 am »
Actual story:

Two men illegally trespass onto the property of a Tucson, AZ man.  The Tucson man, feeling threatened, pistol whips the two trespassers.  We later find out that the two men are illegal immigrants from Mexico and that the Tucson man was a convicted felon.

So, because the Tucson man was not supposed to have a gun, a Tucson judge has awarded the two men the house and ranch the guy lived on, plus US citizenship.  The Tucson man is going to jail.

This just happened within the last couple months.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 02:28:41 pm »
Actual story:

Two men illegally trespass onto the property of a Tucson, AZ man.  The Tucson man, feeling threatened, pistol whips the two trespassers.  We later find out that the two men are illegal immigrants from Mexico and that the Tucson man was a convicted felon.

So, because the Tucson man was not supposed to have a gun, a Tucson judge has awarded the two men the house and ranch the guy lived on, plus US citizenship.  The Tucson man is going to jail.

This just happened within the last couple months.
Thats bullcrap, if thier here illegally they should've been deported. What a crock of shit our legal system is when things like this happen.

Offline TeHFoOoL

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 08:42:25 pm »
Another dealing with the  law:

A man purchases a R.V. He gathers his stuff up and leaves to go on a roadtrip. On the first highway he gets to, he puts on "cruise control" thinking that it will automatically go through all the turns and navigate its way through the highway. Obviously, it doesn't, and he crashes.

He sues and wins for like 2.2 million because it wasn't in the manual.

Bullshit: 3, Using COMMON FUXING SENSE: 0.

Forget college, I'm looking into the weak links of the court systems.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 11:03:05 pm by TeHFoOoL »

Can't fool a FoOoL

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2006, 05:42:33 pm »
Hey, that's how Ralph Nadar did it..!
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2006, 11:42:17 pm »
Sources?

I believe once you break & enter you are responsible for your own whateverness.  You are tresspassing and such, you are out of your legal bounds by being there.

Offline TeHFoOoL

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2006, 07:31:39 pm »
Sources?

I believe once you break & enter you are responsible for your own whateverness.  You are tresspassing and such, you are out of your legal bounds by being there.

A teacher read me the story from a magazine, and I thought it was Rofflecopter quality.

Can't fool a FoOoL