Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 8666 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2006, 01:08:38 pm »
Flat tires are extremely easy to fix.  Even if you take it to the store, it's only about $5 (unless you buggered up the rim, then you're looking at ~$25, and you can't do it yourself). 

I really buggered my bike up the other day.  I split the tube into two peices, tore the tire so the tube stuck out if it was pumped up it'd pop again.  Had to buy a new tube and tire.  :(

And that cost what?  $5? :P

The less I can ride my bike the more I'm pushed to learn how to drive, so I have no intention of doing anything to fix it any time soon.
Biking > driving.  It's WAY cheaper, more healthy, better for the environment, and you get a strange respect from people when you do a long commute (25km each way, in my case). 

Of course, you ought to learn how to drive and get a license.  But beyond that, I prefer biking. 

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 06:36:57 pm »
Flat tires are extremely easy to fix.  Even if you take it to the store, it's only about $5 (unless you buggered up the rim, then you're looking at ~$25, and you can't do it yourself). 

I really buggered my bike up the other day.  I split the tube into two peices, tore the tire so the tube stuck out if it was pumped up it'd pop again.  Had to buy a new tube and tire.  :(

The less I can ride my bike the more I'm pushed to learn how to drive, so I have no intention of doing anything to fix it any time soon.
Biking > driving.  It's WAY cheaper, more healthy, better for the environment, and you get a strange respect from people when you do a long commute (25km each way, in my case). 

Of course, you ought to learn how to drive and get a license.  But beyond that, I prefer biking. 

Eh, I prefer driving. Living in a huge city for my entire life, it's really what I've been exposed to and the culture I've been brought up in: nobody rides their bike except for leisure. Plus, there are tons of arguements why more people drive other than "they are lazy" :p
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 07:46:38 pm »
Bikes are pretty common in Philly.  We have lots of bike couriers, and traffic is horrid often, so most in-city people end up combined SEPTA/biking.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2006, 11:21:39 pm »

I don't know how many kilometers are in a mile, but I have a rather long commute to work and school as well. It can't be nearly as far as yours, but I'd quit my job before biking to it on a daily basis.

NOTE -
Not that I have a job yet, but I've applied for one in town.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2006, 03:58:51 am »

I don't know how many kilometers are in a mile, but I have a rather long commute to work and school as well. It can't be nearly as far as yours, but I'd quit my job before biking to it on a daily basis.

NOTE -
Not that I have a job yet, but I've applied for one in town.
Well, Joe, you applied for a job so you'll get it. That's how those thigs work. So, I'd say it's safe to assume you'll have it by the end of the week. Making $30 an hour with full benefits, too.

Pfft!

it's roughly 2.2 km in 1 mi.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2006, 01:48:27 pm »
No, it's ~1.61km in a mile. :P
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2006, 02:57:35 pm »
No, it's ~1.61km in a mile. :P
1 mi = 1.609344 kilometers
Google is teh bomb(a)

Joe, where is this job/how far is it/what type of travel terrain (highways, small roads, large roads)?

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2006, 03:13:02 pm »
Rounding ftw, newb.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2006, 04:17:42 pm »
Joe, where is this job/how far is it/what type of travel terrain (highways, small roads, large roads)?

1. In town. I live out of town.

2. From here to town, I guess. About 15 minutes by car, averaging maybe 40MPH.

3. Highway + small roads + big roads. Combo!

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2006, 12:23:39 am »

1. In town. I live out of town.

2. From here to town, I guess. About 15 minutes by car, averaging maybe 40MPH.

3. Highway + small roads + big roads. Combo!
You said you don't have a job, bitch.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2006, 05:12:17 pm »
Whatever. Fixed my tire!

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2006, 08:55:19 am »
Ah, cool, yeah I thought this would be better for a general forum. Newby though differently. Damn him. You have my permission to move it.  :P
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2008, 05:00:02 pm »
I like how this is the only stickied topic in the trash can. :)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2008, 05:42:48 pm »
I generally go through and unsticky trashcan threads. That's why you rarely see any. :P

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2008, 06:10:45 pm »
Haha. You missed like, ten. I got them, though. :P
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT.