Author Topic: Not as wise as I once was....  (Read 5319 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Not as wise as I once was....
« on: June 14, 2006, 03:13:31 pm »
I got my wisdom teeth out this morning.  All of them.  I'm not in pain or anything, just swollen and bored. 

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
Re: Not as wise as I once was....
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 03:43:33 pm »
Why are you in no pain? I had so much fucking pain when they removed my teeth 5 years ago. Last year when I went to get my wisdoms pulled, I didnt want to feel any pain. So I requested to be doped up as much as possible; I got a shot of morphine, then shots in the mouth AND laughing gas (nitrous oxide),  plus some take home pain medication, Hydrocodone (Vicodin).

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 03:49:01 pm »
Mine didn't really hurt either.  One of them bled quite a bit but once the anesthesia wore off I only had minor pain and gause stuck in my mouth :).  That was last year so I'm not really convinced that the 'get them out while you are young' theory is all that accurate.

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 04:09:46 pm »
Mine didn't really hurt either.  One of them bled quite a bit but once the anesthesia wore off I only had minor pain and gause stuck in my mouth :).  That was last year so I'm not really convinced that the 'get them out while you are young' theory is all that accurate.

No, that's just your dentist wanting to make as much money as they can before you change. You get them out when you need them out :p
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 04:13:09 pm »
Getting mine out tomorrow.  I'm requesting a shot in the arm so that I'm out cold.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 05:39:27 pm »
I got an IV anesthetic.  They put the IV in, then after a couple minutes you are mostly (but not totally) under.  I remember it getting fuzzy and saying to the doctor, "it's kicking in" or something. 

Once you're out, they give you the shot to cut off the nerves that lead to your mouth.  The classic freezing numbs you for a couple hours. 

During the surgery (which lasted maybe 15 minutes), I was vaguely conscience, sometimes more than others.  I only remember a couple brief glimpses, and there was no pain. 

Once they stopped giving me the anesthetic, I was conscious in about 5 minutes, and able to function within a couple minutes of that.  There was no grogginess or hangover, but my mouth felt like it was stuffed with cotton (because it was; well, gauze, same thing).  They gave me a couple Advil and a Tylenol 3 while I was just waking up. 

All that was about 6 hours ago.  I haven't taken anything since then, and it hurts a little, but not much.  It's still bleeding, which sucks, I really hope the bleeding stops soon, I'm sick of this stupid gauze in my mouth.  I suspect that the gauze is causing more pain than the teeth, because I can't close my mouth right.   

The only thing that really sucks: I can't eat today.  I couldn't have breakfast, and now I can't eat until at least tomorrow.  I get to live on Apple Juice and Ginger Ale. 

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 10:01:09 pm »
Eat ice cream.  My brother made me fucking SLAVE for him when he had his wisdom teeth out.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 10:29:08 pm »
Eat ice cream.  My brother made me fucking SLAVE for him when he had his wisdom teeth out.
Haha, I'd love to do that to my sister.
See, the thing is I don't think Deadly's enslavement involved any sort of lube, or penetration.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 10:36:15 pm »
Haha, I'd love to do that to my sister.
See, the thing is I don't think Deadly's enslavement involved any sort of lube, or penetration.
He might have, you never know. ;)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 11:04:38 pm »
According to the Doctor, I'm not allowed to eat anything milk-based today, because it can promote bacterial growth/infection, and I think I'll listen to him. 

Tomorrow, however, it's open game.  I'm so excited that I'm making pancakes for breakfast, it's like Christmas! :D

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 11:41:56 pm »
The holes suck iago.... dont have too much of a miserable time o.o

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 11:46:19 pm »
According to the Doctor, I'm not allowed to eat anything milk-based today, because it can promote bacterial growth/infection, and I think I'll listen to him. 

Tomorrow, however, it's open game.  I'm so excited that I'm making pancakes for breakfast, it's like Christmas! :D

Have fun eating slowly ;)

I couldn't eat anything that required significant chewing for at least a few days becaues of the tenderness in the gums.  Pancakes are probably fine though.  I went out for a 12oz t-bone as soon as they weren't bothering me anymore :D

They only gave you tylenol 3???

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 11:51:19 pm »

I wish I still got excited about those sorts of things..

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 12:47:15 am »
I thought you got drunk or something via the topic title.  This topic didn't meat it's titles standards.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 09:57:16 am »
It's morning, and I'm still bleeding a little, so I don't want to eat anything yet.  And my mouth tastes like dry blood, which sucks. 

He didn't give me T3, he gave me something very similar.  I don't remember what it's called, but I haven't used it yet.  If I made it this long without drugs, I doubt I'll need them at all. 

I wish I still got excited about those sorts of things..
It's only exciting when I can't do it!